Author Topic: BRIGITTE BARDOT - LE FILS DE CAROLINE CHERIE  (Read 2321 times)

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
BRIGITTE BARDOT - LE FILS DE CAROLINE CHERIE
« on: January 04, 2013, 05:06:37 PM »

Anyone know what a value estimate on this poster is?  I recently purchased one for dirt cheap... $13, but it's pretty much falling apart along the fold lines, aside from that it's in great shape but I'll never be able to hang it the way it's falling apart.  I want to get it linen-backed, just wondering if it's potentially worth the $200 investment. I've never been able to find one that was in really good shape, and vendor prices on it I've seen from 300 euro non-backed and higher in great shape to 600 euros and higher backed, but I don't know how marked up those are.  If it's worth at least around the money I'd have to put to get it backed then I'd probably go ahead.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: BRIGITTE BARDOT - LE FILS DE CAROLINE CHERIE
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 05:14:23 PM »
Let's put it this way: you will never be able to find a good copy of this poster.  I own 3 of them, and they are all the same.  The paper it was printed on is horrible.  So if you like it and want to put it up, $200 for linenbacking seems good to me.  It is a pretty rare and iconic poster by Guy Gérard Noël.  As far as worth, I don't know, I don't keep track of these things, but if Besson sells it for 700 euros, it is a least worth half of that.

T
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:16:33 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 05:24:26 PM »
Let's put it this way: you will never be able to find a good copy of this poster.  I own 3 of them, and they are all the same.  The paper it was printed on is horrible.  So if you like it and want to put it up, $200 for linenbacking seems good to me.  It is a pretty rare and iconic poster by Guy Gérard Noël.  As far as worth, I don't know, I don't keep track of these things, but if Besson sells it for 700 euros, it is a least worth 1/2 that much.

T

Thanks for the info, if this is the general condition of these (which seems to be all I've found at a decent price) then backing it is probably the way to go.  The paper does seem pretty bad, very brittle. I can get it backed for $150 and guessing (hoping) the repair will be around $50-100.  Luckily it's all fold damage and with this poster most of the fold lines don't run on anything that I foresee will require much time to touch-up it's mostly blank background.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 05:33:38 PM »
Yours seems in great condition, considering.  And no, you will not find a better one.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 07:11:34 PM »
Yours seems in great condition, considering.  And no, you will not find a better one.

T

I just unfolded it for the first time (picture was sellers) and aside from the fold line tears the poster looks to be almost unused.  So it looks like the fold line tears are more simply from time and this poor quality paper not being able to hold up to folds.  So this is a definite linen back.  Really do love the image, I think it will look amazing backed.  So I'll send a few pics off to the restorer just to make sure I'm in the ballpark price wise and if all goes well will ship it off next week.  Thanks again for the help!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 07:11:54 PM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »