Author Topic: a major change in our shipping policy that greatly benefits all our customers!  (Read 3312 times)

Bruce

For a very long time, our shipping policy has been that all of our U.S. customers can get a "flat rate shipping" price for purchases from up to two weeks time (5 auctions' worth). Because non-U.S. shipping rates are much higher than U.S. shipping rates, we have a special "Pay and Hold" program open to ALL of our non-U.S. customers, which lets them have their orders held for up to 4 weeks before paying shipping (10 auctions' worth).
     The reason for both these programs is to give any customer who wants it a chance to have every purchase they make within those two or four week periods combined into as few packages as possible, which saves them a HUGE amount on shipping. Even though these programs cause a LOT of extra work for us, we are happy to offer them because we know that when our customers save more on shipping they will have more to spend on posters!
     But because shipping rates have been steadily increasing over the past few years, that has continued to make it more and more expensive for bidders to order from anyone online (even us with our great "holding" and "combining" policies. We've been wanting to help alleviate this as best we can, and we've come up with a new policy that we KNOW will help quite a bit!
     Beginning immediately we have now raised our "holding and combining" policy for U.S. customers from 2 weeks to 3 weeks!
      Beginning immediately we have now raised our "Pay and Hold" policy for non-U.S. customers from 4 weeks to 6 weeks!

This means that U.S. customers who bought from 12/13 get 3 weeks to win and combine as many items as they can (until Jan 3rd), and non-U.S. customers who bought from 11/22 get 6 weeks to win and combine as many items as they can (until Jan 3rd). And of course it works the same way for all future purchases!
     But in return for this 50% longer period during which you can combine your purchases, we need to get one concession from ALL buyers, which is that they need to accept that THE MOMENT a package is quoted by us it CAN'T be re-opened to add more items you may have won since you made that quote request!
     Hopefully people can see that that is a worthwhile tradeoff, because it will greatly speed things up here (we waste so much time packing and unpacking order because people want to add "just one more item").
     HERE'S ALL YOU NEED TO REMEMBER: Don't use our checkout (or send payment for shipping) UNLESS YOU ARE "DONE SHOPPING" FOR THE TIME BEING, AND ARE READY TO HAVE THOSE ITEMS SHIPPED TO YOU. It IS fine to keep bidding (and buying) from us, but those later purchases will have to go in the NEXT package we send you.

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
This is really great I think, it means more posters and less shipping for International buyers. I don't know about others, but my decision to bid on posters at emovieposter often has to take into account the postage and hence future auctions in the next 4 weeks...if I can't see that I'll buy more than 4 or 5 posters in that 4 week period, I usually refrain. So extending this to 6 weeks is really great, thank you very much Bruce!  :) :)

Bruce

You are right! For regular buyers from outside the U.S. this will mean 50% fewer packages a year, which will add up to a huge amount of postage savings, which can go to buying posters instead!

Offline enki

• Collector
Very cool!

The only time I had to use the extended shipping option was when I accidentally forgot to pay on-time. I was waiting for another auction to end and thought I had time to make the 2-week cut-off. Ironically enough, after I got the quote for the "actual shipping costs", it ended up being a little less than $11, so I actually saved money ;). I think it was like $10.63 or something like that.

Offline Ed_209uk

• Hobbyist
    • Film on Paper
I'm also happy with this change. Thanks Uncy Bruce!
My collection website: Film on Paper
Twitter: @filmonpaper

guest4185

Thanks Bruce, another example of your good Aussie service.
However, just a word of warning for Aussie buyers. If you save up and buy a few and they are worth more than $1000  and are sent insured, customs will grab them and demand a $48.85 processing charnge plus 10%GST. 

guest4208

Thanks Bruce, another example of your good Aussie service.
However, just a word of warning for Aussie buyers. If you save up and buy a few and they are worth more than $1000  and are sent insured, customs will grab them and demand a $48.85 processing charnge plus 10%GST. 

Yes, and there are times when I have had to get a broker to get the package cleared by customs.

Some politicians are also pushing for ALL goods that are delivered internationally should attract GST, irrespective of value.