Author Topic: NSS info  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
NSS info
« on: March 09, 2010, 09:19:30 PM »
Does anyone know why there are different types of NSS info on posters for the same movie?  On emovieposter, there was a rolled National Lampoon's Vacation poster that has NSS... in the lower right corner, but does not have the whole paragraph explanation in the lower center.  On Cinemasterpieces, there is a rolled National Lampoon's Vacation poster with the paragraph explanation in the middle, as well as slightly different info on the lower right corner.  Something similar was also on emovieposter tonight for The Road Warrior, compared to The Road Warrior on Cinemasterpieces .
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 10:50:18 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: NSS info
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 09:31:06 PM »
Different unions printed different posters.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 10:51:07 PM »
Thanks for the quick explanation.  I thought it was cool how the Road Warrior poster I won on emovieposter tonight had that paragraph of NSS info at the lower center, so I figured I would ask to see what the deal was.  
Were there any other differences, such as colors, that are noticeable among various unions?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:26:25 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 12:08:42 AM »
No, they're pretty much the same.  Sizes can vary, though, especially in the early to mid eighties, when studios started printing their own posters (posters without NSS info).  But the printing is usually the same.  I say "usually" because I'm sure someone will come up with a poster that was printed differently.

Thierry
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)