Author Topic: Favorite Purchases of 2012  (Read 117736 times)

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
Re: Your favorite purchases of 2012
« Reply #250 on: December 29, 2012, 04:39:55 PM »

Tom (angelflyover) is one of the nicest gentlemen in the hobby and I correspond with him frequently.
....and although I couldn't afford them, Tom sent them along and we ended up with a mutually satisfying trade.  
When Tom says 'mint' and 'safely packaged' he means it. Thanks Tom!  thumbup

I agree with that completely. He really is a true gent.
I too couldn't afford those DKR teasers but AFO generously offered to trade and i still think i am in his debt.
Those together with a much wanted TDK int. one sheet really made my day when they came through unscathed.

It's a pity the posters were better than the film.

I did buy an Aliens teaser one sheet but i can't find it as i have been selling off my collection for the last 4 or 5 months, but it's here someplace.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #251 on: December 29, 2012, 05:31:55 PM »
What a run Ted,  clap clap  You've easily had the best year of all of us, first rate...

You guys are too kind.  It just looks bigger and better 'cause I posted just about everything I had.
On the other hand, I seem to remember a nice chap from across the pond (a bloke who dabbles in quads) who acquired first-release paper for REVENGE OF THE CREATURE, CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF, THE THING, THIS ISLAND EARTH, WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE, ETC., ETC., ETC....
Seems he had a much finer year than I.
Any one of those quads shames the sum total of my collection.
 cheers

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #252 on: December 29, 2012, 06:02:03 PM »

Fabulous posters Ted.  And it is certainly not a contest for anyone, but rather you buy what you want.  There will always be somewhere with a bigger better collection (Hammett), but your collection reflects your tastes, research, and time.   thumbup

That Mayhem poster has always been a favorites of Mel's, it might even have a 5 star rating.  ;D Everytime one of you blokes posts your posters, I find several that I have either never seen, have to have now, or both. 

Thanks for sharing everyone.

Brian
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #253 on: December 29, 2012, 06:14:12 PM »
That was a great year Ted. I like so many of them, especially 6 million Years and also Gwendelyn

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #254 on: December 29, 2012, 07:29:59 PM »
Very cool stuff, Ted. 

Congrats on a great year.  cheers

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #255 on: December 29, 2012, 09:43:51 PM »
Nice work Ted, some classy ass in that lot.
David

Offline m154cath

• Hobbyist
« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2012, 04:37:48 AM »
its been a good year for collecting posters this year - my personal favourites would have to be matts Apocalypse now, pauls Barbarella & Brides of Dracula, mels the Hour before the Dawn,Mondos La Dolce Vita, Teds 2 Pans Labyrinths & thierrys La Belle et la Bette

My more humble personal favourite quad purchases  of 2012 would have to be(apologise for some of the photos - been a bit lazy!)

Modern stuff

Re-releases

a few i managed to knock off my wish list

a couple i was pleasantly surprised to win

&,finally some older stuff - the last 2 im particularly chuffed to finally find without breaking the bank

Offline m154cath

• Hobbyist
« Reply #257 on: December 31, 2012, 05:00:16 AM »
now for some 1 sheets !

finally managed to complete my Metropolis set of re-releases

a couple i picked up for a "bargain"

my favourite 2 for 2012 releases

couple of "oldies"

[/IMG]

& whilst not strictly a movie poster i do like this

well its coming up to 10am GMT on NYEve - time for a rather large greasy fry up followed by cracking open the cask of ale & let the merriment begin with fervor  cheers cheers
Happy New Year to everyone!

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #258 on: December 31, 2012, 06:45:00 AM »
Nice African Queen,first one I`ve seen..well done  thumbup

Stew

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #259 on: December 31, 2012, 06:50:32 AM »
Jollyfine run Mike, looks like you have had a great year also.

I may just join you in a fry-up, ain't had one for yonks.... thumbup
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline GemGem

• Hobbyist
    • GemGem movie posters
« Reply #260 on: December 31, 2012, 07:28:33 AM »
a couple i was pleasantly surprised to win

I can't resist not commenting whenever I see a Brazil Quad as it's my favourite poster. Shame about the snipe but still a fantastic poster!!! bed1
Roll, roll, roll, Rollergirl!!!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #261 on: December 31, 2012, 08:31:41 AM »

I have not seen this one before.  It is excellent.
What a great run you have had, Mike.
Enjoy the cask of New Year's ale and raise 'em high for 2013!
 cheers

Offline m154cath

• Hobbyist
« Reply #262 on: December 31, 2012, 08:48:20 AM »
thanks guys

Paul,the fry up was great - should have taken a photo ! sausage,bacon,scrambled egg,bubble & squeak & black pudding all washed down with a crafty pint of ale. live the dream!

Ted - that poster took an age to get - i saw it on the web about 4 months before its release date & asked all tthe guys i use to keep an eye out for it. the film was only released for 1 day so there wernt going to be many flying around. unfortunately,some idiot decided to put 1 on ebay - sold for £80+ & all my contacts suddenly became very quiet - which was a bit like my attempts to get Bond The Untold Story Documentary quad! anyway 1 guy came thru  happy1

Gem - Brazil was a bargain - right place right time & £25 ! still not decided what to do with it . may send it for some restoration work

Stuart - african queen - again abit lucky - but there is 1 on ebay £30 i think. just need to get Lawrence of Arabia,Chinatown & Repulsion re-release quads now!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #263 on: December 31, 2012, 11:28:51 AM »
Ted  - wow! What a year! Great haul indeed, well done! Nurse 3D and the Arg Vampire Lovers are superb.

Mike, the correct thing to do would be to send the Brazil quad to me! :D £25, what a bargain! Well played. Great haul there, enjoyed looking at those. I must get a Trading Places quad soon.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #264 on: December 31, 2012, 02:25:06 PM »
Great haul all around Mike, but I especially love those last 2 quads!  That Fantastic Voyage is a beauty.  And Moon 2 is a very cool poster as well.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #265 on: December 31, 2012, 08:37:16 PM »
Great haul all around Mike, but I especially love those last 2 quads!  That Fantastic Voyage is a beauty.  And Moon 2 is a very cool poster as well.

Seconded...and that rolled Excalibur is pretty sharp too. Smooth and vivid.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #266 on: December 31, 2012, 08:44:27 PM »
I am in the love moon zero two camp, not many of us it seems but I reckon it's a good fun film.
Just found my DVD of it a few days ago after promising to lend it to a friend for months who had never heard of it and was excited by the thought of a hammer western on the moon.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #267 on: December 31, 2012, 09:01:58 PM »
Third on Fantastic Voyage. It is great as is the entire show.

Great year Mike.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #268 on: January 03, 2013, 07:37:19 PM »

Yesterday, I decided to let this one go.  The truth is, I really don't like linenbacked posters, and it had been bothering me ever since I bought it.  When I do buy a linenbacked poster (which is very seldom) I usually console myself thinking that I won't be able to find a folded copy, so I better get what I can.  Well, in the case of B&B, I did.  A nice folded copy.  The seller hasn't agreed on selling it to me just yet (he's asking a lot more money than the linenbacked version), but I won't let him walk away until he says yes, and I think he will.

So scratch this one from my 2012 acquisitions.  My collector friend already sold it to someone else anyway.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #269 on: January 03, 2013, 08:13:46 PM »
Good for you for keeping it real, T.
Hopefully the power of persuasion will see the other in your collection real soon.
 cheers

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #270 on: January 03, 2013, 08:17:51 PM »
It doesn't matter what the backed copy cost you in the beginning, only what you sold it for vs. what he wants for the unbacked copy ;)
Chris

Matt

« Reply #271 on: January 03, 2013, 08:21:45 PM »
Good for you for keeping it real

You wanna run that by me one more time, monkey man! moron1  :P

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #272 on: January 03, 2013, 08:24:01 PM »
It doesn't matter what the backed copy cost you in the beginning, only what you sold it for vs. what he wants for the unbacked copy ;)

Chris, I do not sell, ever.  So I would have been stuck with two copies.  Might as well have someone else enjoy it.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #273 on: January 03, 2013, 08:25:30 PM »
Good for you for keeping it real, T.
Hopefully the power of persuasion will see the other in your collection real soon.
 cheers

Thanks Ted, I have no doubt that I will get it, even if I have to pay full price.  I would have never let the other one go otherwise.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #274 on: January 03, 2013, 08:41:13 PM »
You wanna run that by me one more time, monkey man! moron1  :P

Oooops...