Author Topic: Where do you all get your kick ass paper weights?  (Read 19027 times)

kauaitx

Re: Where do you all get your kick ass paper weights?
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2010, 02:00:09 PM »
I was actually able to get 8 of the rectangular crystal weights even though Harry had already claimed 4 of the 10 that were listed as available on eBay.  The seller had more in their inventory.  So, if anyone else who wants these weights but hasn't bought them because you think they've all been plucked, you should contact the seller directly.

I actually got a deal:  $32 total, shipping included.  Not bad.  But if they suck, I'm going to send them to Harry.  In pieces.  :P

I'm also going to send Chris a " . " version of the weights.    :-*

Jeannie

kauaitx

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2010, 06:45:30 PM »

Received the crystal weights.  This has got to be the quickest I have ever received any order.  It was placed late on Friday night, shipped out Saturday and arrived on Monday.  Wow.  A letter to me at my department at Penn from another department at Penn once took 11 days to get to me.  Yes, 11 days to travel across campus.  These weights travelled across several states in 1 business day. 

The weights are good.  The rectangular ones I got are flat on one side and slightly inclined on the other.  They're also pretty heavy, so they'll hold down the poster corners very well, even on thick paper stock.  There is very little, if any, distortion in seeing through the crystal itself, though the image is mildy magnified.  I'm pretty pleased with them. 

Kudos to Harry for discovering them and creating the Coalition of Crystal Weights!

Jeannie

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2010, 07:05:01 PM »
 :o  I live in the same state and I haven't received mine yet! 

Glad to hear the rectangles turned out well.  I do have 4 of those on order...

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2010, 07:15:53 PM »
Just in case anyone is still interested here what they are now showing for stock on eBay.  However, as Jeanie mentioned, their stock online might not always be correct so it might pay to email even if I x'd it out.

CURRENT LIST

ROUND 3.5"
Paperweight, 3-1/2"D, Crystal Presse, Papier Plat (300377852927) QTY 15 -- 4 HARRY, 4 DRHACK, 7 LEFT
Paperweight, 3-1/2"D, Crystal Presse, Papier Plat (300377949520) QTY 12 -- 4 ERICH, 8 LEFT

ROUND 3.25" -- These look like one side has an ever-so-slight flat spot
Paperweight, L.E. Smith Crystal, 3-1/4"D x 3/4"H (360217982983) QTY 5
Paperweight, L.E. Smith Crystal, 3-1/4"D x 3/4"H (300377852913) QTY 5

RECTANGULAR ~4" x ? -- Maybe these square ones would slip less?
Paperweight, L.E. Smith Crystal, 4"D x 1-1/4" (360217901466) QTY 5 4 -- 4 HARRY
Paperweight, L.E. Smith Crystal, 4"D x 1-1/4" (360217982988) QTY 5 12 -- 8 JEANNIE, 4 LEFT

ROUND 3.125" -- With some bevels that gives the edges a bit of a gemstone look
Round Cut Crystal, Paperweight, 3-1/8"D (300377868593) QTY 5 -- 4 CARSON

kauaitx

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2010, 07:40:12 PM »

I was so impressed with the outstanding customer service at SC Liquidations that I sent Mr. and Mrs. Moler an email to thank them.  Mr. Art Moler told me that they ship every day that the USPS works, that's 6 days out of the week, and that they ship out more than 100+ items per day.  If the Postal guy hasn't arrived yet, Mr. Moler goes back onto the computer to take care of more orders and they then package more right up to the point that the Postal guy arrives and those later packages get sent out too. 

So, I went back into their website to see if they sell anything else I might be interested in.  Wouldn't cha know it -- they sell collectibles, including vintage comics.  I'm gonna go find me a $1 million comic!   (Here that, Angelo?)

Jeannie

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2010, 07:50:22 PM »
Better watch it, Jeannie.  They have a few issues of "Star Wars" & "Battlestar Galactica".  You might be tempted to buy them all up

kauaitx

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2010, 07:56:50 PM »

I was!    ;D

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2010, 08:07:24 PM »
Oh, forgot to mention mine arrived today, also, and they're very nice.  Thanks again, Harry