Author Topic: Gone With The Wind Quad -- 60s or 70s?  (Read 2640 times)

scartacus

Gone With The Wind Quad -- 60s or 70s?
« on: February 25, 2010, 02:56:24 PM »
Gone with the wind seems to have been on continual release during the 50s, 60s and 70s. Does anyone know how to tell the difference between the 60s and 70s release quad. Any clues as to what this one is? Emovieposter has sold both 60s and 70s quads but -- unless i'm missing something -- it's difficult to tell the difference.

Offline quadbod

• Hobbyist
    • Quadbod media memorabilia
Re: Gone With The Wind Quad -- 60s or 70s?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 03:55:37 AM »
Hi, scartacus!
Not sure about this one ... if they simply reprinted the same artwork for each release, then it's down to the 'feel' of the paper ... I don't recall any detectable difference in the actual content of the artwork.
There is a commercial reprint using the same artwork, but that's identifiable by being undersized.  Yours looks like the full 30" x 40" theatre-used version.
Sorry not to be more helpful.
Best wishes,
Terry - www.quadbod.co.uk
Quadbod media memorabilia - http://www.quadbod.co.uk

scartacus

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 03:57:29 AM »
Thanks Terry.

I'm hoping Bruce might chip in, as he has sold both versions.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 12:19:19 PM »
One problem is the posters used in the 60's were re-used several times, as long as they were in serviceable condition they would send them out again for the next release. They would reprint when the stocks got down and more posters were needed. As Terry says the only differance would be the paper quality if anything.
It's more than a Hobby...