Author Topic: Fake Alert  (Read 9283 times)

linder1

Re: Fake Alert
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 08:13:34 PM »
eBay PMs with Fake Kong guy:

That's not an original King Kong, homie.

-Carson

Why is everyone blamming me about this. I am the one who got ripped off! I believed the
person who sold me the poster!!!! Thanks for your comments jerk.

-williamdriscoll2468

Sorry if I offended you. The frustration is
that you did not make the effort to ensure it was original before listing. You just
post "it's original". People tire of this inconsideration. Again, sorry
if I offended you.

-Carson

I h8 getting blammed yo.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 10:08:35 PM »
By the way, I just checked and that BAT is listed by "channingposters" and is what appears to be a dealer!  I'm not sure if they post on this forum... but if so, quit that crap out!  You should f'ing know better!

Channing is a good guy.  He clearly lists the poster as a reproduction in big, bold letters.

This is a high quality reproduction

Only a fucking monkey would buy it thinking it's original, especially at the price of $49.95!

Let's point the fingers at those that deserve the pointing, and watch that we don't smear the ones that actually make an appropriate disclosure like Channing did.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 10:49:42 PM »
Channing is a good guy.  He clearly lists the poster as a reproduction in big, bold letters.

This is a high quality reproduction

Only a fucking monkey would buy it thinking it's original, especially at the price of $49.95!

Let's point the fingers at those that deserve the pointing, and watch that we don't smear the ones that actually make an appropriate disclosure like Channing did.

I have zero problem with him selling this poster and I applaud him for for being 100% clear as to what it is.  But get it out of the ORIGINALS section.  It should be in the REPRODUCTION section... that is what it is there for!  As far as I'm concerned he is smearing himself by blatantly and fraudulently putting it in the wrong category.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 10:58:23 PM »
Try this:

Check "report item" link, then listing policy violations, then other listing policy violations, then miscategorized items:

Like everything else, the more people who complain, the more likely Ebay will do something useful about it.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 11:09:53 PM »
That is exactly what I do Mel... Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have any teeth. Rarely when I report someone for posting a repro in the originals section (whether they did it on purpose or not) does it ever get corrected. It seems like this is left up to the seller... All the more reason I get so pissed when sellers do it repeatedly (often with the same exact items) and on purpose even after they've been reported.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:20:55 PM by Harry Caul »

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 10:17:14 PM »
I have zero problem with him selling this poster and I applaud him for for being 100% clear as to what it is.  But get it out of the ORIGINALS section.  It should be in the REPRODUCTION section... that is what it is there for!  As far as I'm concerned he is smearing himself by blatantly and fraudulently putting it in the wrong category.

That's exactly right - I agree with that completely.  In my little rant, I neglected that fact.  Thanks for pointing it out.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2010, 01:16:03 AM »
But why did he have it linen-backed?  This boggles my mind...