Common Poster Subjects > Restoration

Before and After [Show Off Your Restoration]

(1/95) > >>

Silhouette:
Do we have a [pinned] before and after restoration thread? If not why not?

I am aware we have a poster restorer recommendation thread (http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,1784.0.html) but that's for commercial promotion.

I think it would be a great way for the owners of said poster, who have spent (a not too unreasonable amount of) money to proudly preserve something they like/love to be able to post for posterity their newly restored pride and joy(s). I don't think it should be a thread for or by the restorers [aka self-promotion] but one for the owners of those former pieces of paper to post in now that those pieces are whole once more (although I don't think it hurts to mention who did it and I would not be averse to people posting how much it cost too, it certainly would help others get a feel for what it is going to cost them).

I have seen a number of awesome restorations in recent times, certainly Chris' House on the Haunted Hill comes to mind and I feel these restoration pieces are worth showing off on their own than losing them in the [monthly] Latest Acquisition thread

Matt's linen backed Daybill poster collection doesn't count - because he's like the army, if it moves he salutes it, if it doesn't - he linen backs it!

enki:
I've shared this before, but figured I would do it again here.
All work done by Dario.

Before:

After:

theartofmovieposters:
Oh...I can play in this thread.
Need to get my befores and afters in order

Matt:
Think twice about going to sleep, David. I might get you linen backed.  ;)

Besides, I not like the army. It just so happens I've been working at an army barracks for over a year now. I see saluting every day, it's driving me nuts!!!

theartofmovieposters:
I have a whole heap of stuff I could share, but you will all just get bored, so here are a few...

YAHOO!  Hi, I'm Ves and I love to rescue old bits of pretty paper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version