Author Topic: Interesting Article About Film Noir Poster Collector!  (Read 5983 times)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Interesting Article About Film Noir Poster Collector!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 11:51:11 PM »
Best part for me:

I will defend my collector bona fides by saying that when we were choosing houses to buy, a decent room to display my posters was high on my list of must-haves, probably above number of bathrooms

I am having the same exact problem in my search for a new house  :-[  I like to think of it as true love for my posters vs. a sickness ;)
Chris

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 12:01:41 AM »
Dont kid yourself Chris, you are quite sick.  :P

Yes indeed those are cool pics in a very nice article.

Though I dont collect Noir I am relating to this part of a line especially the last few months of my personal quests " People with seemingly endless reservoirs of cash hell-bent on grabbing up every title"

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 12:05:14 AM »
Dont kid yourself Chris, you are quite sick.  :P

Yes indeed those are cool pics in a very nice article.

Though I dont collect Noir I am relating to this part of a line especially the last few months of my personal quests " People with seemingly endless reservoirs of cash hell-bent on grabbing up every title"

I know, I know - who am I kidding!  Buying a house to surround my posters is evidence enough ;)

And you are bang on with the last statement - boggles my mind sometimes?!
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 12:05:22 AM »
Every guy on this board should negotiate at least one room in his house to display posters like Eric Beetner did:

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 02:26:14 AM »
http://www.criminalelement.com/blogs/2012/06/the-crime-collector-posters-pulp-art-film-noir-eric-beetner

(WITH SOME NICE PICS TOO!)

Cool article, Chris. Thanks for sharing. And some really great pix on the proper and aesthetic way to display posters. Good information all the way around.  sm1

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 12:11:23 PM »
Great article, Chris.

My favorite line: "Vintage poster collecting involves the hunt, the slow morphine drip of any true collector. The drug that keeps us coming back for more."

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 01:01:04 PM »
Great article, Chris.

My favorite line: "Vintage poster collecting involves the hunt, the slow morphine drip of any true collector. The drug that keeps us coming back for more."

thumbup

-Jeff