Author Topic: Starwars one sheet unfolded  (Read 4569 times)

wadehardin

Starwars one sheet unfolded
« on: February 15, 2010, 07:03:12 PM »
The Starwars poster 77/21/0 unfolded was originally thought to be  a reprint.
I see it on auctions and poster sale internet rooms as original.I have  seen it priced from $700 dollars to 1,800 Dollars
can anyone confirm this is original poster.
I E mailed Starwars.com and asked for varafacation but recieved no answer

kauaitx

Re: Starwars one sheet unfolded
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 06:49:38 PM »

Hello, Wadehardin,

I'm not sure if you're asking for confirmation of a particular poster.  If so, if you post the link, I'll take a look at the poster.

If you're asking a general question about the SW Style A 77/21-0, then I can confirm that this poster is original.  It is, in fact, the first printing of the Style A and the one that was notoriously bootlegged with the subsequent "hairy belt".  The 77/21, the 2nd printing, was not bootlegged. 

I don't know where you got the information that the 77/21-0 was a reprint, unless by "reprint" you mean a bootleg "reproduction".   Usually, when a poster is referred to as a reprint, it means an authorized commercial reprint and not an unauthorized reproduction (commonly referred to as a "bootleg".)

I hoped this has helped.   And welcome to APF!

Jeannie

kauaitx

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 06:52:43 PM »

And you should always look at a rolled (unfolded) SW Style A 77/21-0 with a critical and skeptical eye.  The rolled ones are in the minority compared to the folded versions.

(And now I feel the pressure of getting myself in order to post my authentication of the 77/21-0 for MPA....  I will, I will.)

Jeannie

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 08:31:27 PM »
Hey Jeannie, I heard some crazy rumour that you like Star Wars and stuff?

Is this true?
Chris

kauaitx

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 09:26:52 PM »

Rumors, Chris, all rumor-mongering.  I like all things equally.  (Some more equal than others.)

YUH-ESS!   I LOVE LOVE LOVE STAR WARS!!  And there has been no other love as great as this.... until a certain battlestar trying to save humanity came into my life.  And, now, I am an adulterer in my emotions.  But love as great as this was destined to expand and needed to be shared.  It is a comfortable threesome now.

Jeannie

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 09:47:16 PM »
Pure eloquence Jeannie.

I wish you three many adultery-filled years together!
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 10:21:56 PM »
I LOVE LOVE LOVE STAR WARS!!

Hey Jeannie, you ever been to a  Star Wars wedding?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 03:45:38 PM by erik1925 »

kauaitx

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 10:41:02 PM »
FREAKS!!!

(I would very much like to attend a Star Wars wedding. Can there be any other elegant and poignant wedding?  I want that cake!  Cuz I'm a freak too.)

Jeannie

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 10:45:26 PM »
But the REAL question is Jeannie - would you attend a Battlestar wedding?

You already have a nice podium afterall....
Chris

kauaitx

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 12:32:07 AM »

Frak-yeah, Chris!

I was going to wait to reveal all the goods after the final small items arrived, but I already have a Raptor flightsuit to go with my Helo helmet, production made crisscross t-shirt with undershirt and production modified BDU pants with character-used belt and..... drum roll please..... Sharon's hero bloodied dog tags!!   Yuh-ehh, baby!   I just have to get a gun belt now.  I'm going to be getting the only size 5 shoes runners that were modified by production from a friend.  Minus gloves and a gun, I'm set for the perfect BSG wedding!

And my BSG Podium is da bomb!  All BSG weddings must be held by the officiator behind The Podium.  So say we all.

Jeannie

kauaitx

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 08:49:28 PM »

Wadehardin, did you get the answer you were looking for?

Jeannie

wadehardin

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 07:26:39 AM »
I was told at one time ,there were no unfolded Starwars posters.But after reading your remarks i see that was not true.I  got the unfolded poster from a Dealer i knew who had sold posters for a long time and was positive he was telling me the truth. We have checked to see if it is fake and it does not have errors in it.Glad i got a Original copy.I finally got a Revenge Of The Jedi also from Emovieposter.com so i have all the Starwars posters now