Author Topic: Movie poster promotional video  (Read 4292 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Movie poster promotional video
« on: February 14, 2010, 10:47:42 PM »
I put together a movie poster promotional video (for the hobby generally and for this website) with the Fotomagico software program.  I've put it on my website here:

http://web.me.com/alphamel/My_Movie_Posters/Promo.html

Check it out and let me know what you think.  If it's good enough, I'll put it on YouTube.

P.S. You'll notice some blurring due to shrinking it to web quality.  Let me know if the quality needs improvement.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
Re: Movie poster promotional video
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »
Cool video Mel. Some great posters in there.
Yeah Carson, I set up a couple of pages on my website where you can view the images of the posters while you listen to the music. I didn't really explain the best way to view the pages but you press play on the song and then scroll to the bottom and click on the bottom left button for the slide show. Listen to the music while the slideshow goes through the posters. I have it on 3 pages right now. My QT section, the Kill Bill Section, and my Park Chan-wook collection. Each song comes from one of the movies.

Kill Bill Page

Tarantino Page

Park Chan-wook Page

Chad

Carson

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 06:43:47 PM »
My friend Darrin who collects, and I, were checking the site months ago when we first saw the KB page. We thought the quicktime at the top was going to be voice commentary on the posters so when he hit play we both went "aww yeah". The music is unmistakable; Darrin said "welp, that gets the BFA award (bad *&#'n ass) for best idea on a collector site yet". We had never seen the idea before so it was fun. The surprise is how clean the audio quality is.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 07:02:42 PM »
My friend Darrin who collects, and I, were checking the site months ago when we first saw the KB page. We thought the quicktime at the top was going to be voice commentary on the posters so when he hit play we both went "aww yeah". The music is unmistakable; Darrin said "welp, that gets the BFA award (bad *&#'n ass) for best idea on a collector site yet". We had never seen the idea before so it was fun. The surprise is how clean the audio quality is.

Thanks man, glad you guys enjoyed it. Yeah, I try to think of stuff that really impacts me with certain films and posters so that I can share it with others. I felt music is that dimension of a film that I've always loved so much so why not add it to the posters too. I also try and think about the viewers experience with the site - maybe that is my filmmaker background coming out, but all in all making it clean and user friendly is still the best way to go with any site. I think a lot of my pictures could be better but the main reason I don't change them, is so F'ers like Moviegoods don't make more repo's on the account of me or my site.

Chad

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 11:38:07 PM »
OK, I've created two more poster slideshow videos.

Here's one for James Bond posters on my site.  Features the best 72 American & international posters from the Sean Connery films and the James Bond Theme (by the Ventures).

Here's one for Kill Bill I put together for Chad - features all his posters & the Kill Bill theme music. He uploaded it to his site (scroll to bottom).

Let me know what you think.  I've learned that I have to use less motion to avoid compression/motion blur.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 11:40:53 PM »
I've learned that I have to use less motion to avoid compression/motion blur.

That makes sense.