Author Topic: What movie do you think will win Best Picture Oscar?  (Read 4863 times)

Juli

What movie do you think will win Best Picture Oscar?
« on: February 14, 2010, 01:10:37 PM »
I am curious to hear your opinions. What movie do you think will take home the Oscar for Best Picture?

The Blind Side
District 9
An Education
The Hurt Locker
Inglourious Basterds
Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire
A Serious Man
Up
Up in the Air

I am willing to bet Avatar will get it. Seeing as it won all those other awards and the fact it seems to be repeating Titanic's success, I think this will get it.

~ Juli

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: What movie do you think will win Best Picture Oscar?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 01:36:12 PM »
At this point in time (which is pretty much final), it should go to either Avatar or Hurt Locker.  Cameron helped on Locker, Bigelow helped on Avatar, so it's a family thing.  Voters might be a little sick of Cameron's successes and might vote for Bigelow, who has a strong body of work and made the first good Irak movie.  I still go for a repeat of Titanic, though.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 11:11:53 PM »
I would love to see Bigelow win it.  At the Globes, Cameron gave a nice nod to her as the one who should have won.  I do fear that the force of Avatar will overtake all common sense.  But, if she were to beat out Avatar - holy shit!  What a shot for her career.

Strange Days is one of my favorites of all time.  I'll see Hurt Locker when I do the AMC Best Picture marathon!  two days of 5 movies each!  What a ride!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 11:30:46 PM »
Would be awesome if Up won - but it won't.

Besides it wasn't as good as Wall-E...
Chris

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 11:37:16 PM »
This is a replay of the LA Confidential-Titanic battle back in 98.   The blockbuster won back then and will probably win again this time.

Bulla

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 05:15:41 AM »
As long as it's not Avatar I don't mind. Out of the list (which I think should still be 5) I would pick Hurt Locker or A Serious Man.