Author Topic: Indianapolis Film Festival Auction  (Read 8138 times)

guest8

Indianapolis Film Festival Auction
« on: May 11, 2012, 07:10:01 PM »
I can post a link later .. i wasnt sure how good these posters were going to be so I didnt mention this before. But theres a fair number of nice posters produced as one offs as a fund raiser for the Indy international Film festival coming in July.

Theres about 40ish posters here .. all giclee/in jet prints all 1/1 .. im going to try and get pics of all.of them .. they are all for sale via silent auction .. bidding starts at $60 and goes until 9:30pm Est .. BiN prices are set at $500.. if anyones interested in some posters shot me an email at thefallenangel1@gmail and if ur serious ill give u my cell # so we can text or call and keep in touch.

I have to figure out how im going to post pics still tho ... I may do a twitter link .. :)

Btw ... Im typing this on my phone so excuse any typos :p

guest8

Re: Indianapolis Film Festival Auction
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 07:11:34 PM »
Heres the facebook link for the event

http://www.facebook.com/events/149008638561185/

guest8

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 07:33:16 PM »
I have some pix up on twitter @thefallenangel1739

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 07:45:06 PM »
Can you just post here?
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

guest8

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 07:52:53 PM »
I wuld but its really hard on my phone ....aaannnd .. ove had more thn a few beers ;)

guest8

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 08:10:27 PM »
If anyone wants to reppst feel free.. due to the lighting co.ditions i still have about 10 poster left the photograph

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 08:18:39 PM »
I wuld but its really hard on my phone ....aaannnd .. ove had more thn a few beers ;)

And thus Dave was never heard from again...
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest8

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 08:21:03 PM »
Lol.. as sad as it is even drunk i respond to my phone goi.g off :p for those u didnt look at the pices we have an la confidetial .. serpico ..true grit... Lolita (which.im. n a bidding war ovr) and many others like shawshank redemtion :)

guest8

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 08:31:47 PM »
Besides i have ebay auctipns for wprthless posters ending within the hour :p

guest8

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 11:21:50 PM »
OK .. Im home and sobered up some .. here are some of the pics of the posters that I saw tonight ..
https://picasaweb.google.com/106177607191254337017/InstantUpload#

theres some random ones from my phone in there too just ignore those! :P

I ended up coming home with Full Metal Jacket, True Grit and District 9 ... The crown jewel of the event was a Lolita print that I was in a bidding war I think it made it to the highest price of the evening at $330 and the only reason I stopped was because the girl I was bidding against was bidding proxy for her "boss" who said that "he didnt care what it cost .. just keep bidding!" So I was doomed either way .. But I got to speak with the artist and I may be able to get a "version" of the same poster! ;)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 11:38:58 PM »
Link not working.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 05:33:17 AM »
Working link - https://plus.google.com/photos/106177607191254337017/albums/5741479602746670321?banner=pwa

Some nice designs there, I like the poster for Giant and the Lolita lollypop is interesting.

Thanks for sharing FA...due to the glare, I now know what you look like too! :D I couldn't see the poster for True Grit though? How does it look? Make sure you post some detailed shots when they arrive.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:34:48 AM by Tob »

guest8

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 07:58:41 AM »
I can get some good shots of true grit, district 9 and FMJ when I take them out of the frames... Some of my other favorites were Lolita (of course) A Beautiful Mind, Talented MR Ripley and the Jeckel/Hyde print (which I wasnt able to get a pic of) ..Ill post up in a bit hopefully with some scans of the event book which I expect may be better to look at then my horrid photos! :P It wasnt really a photo friendly environment lots of glass and outside light and the very reflective surface of the frames.

guest8

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 09:18:36 AM »
Ok.. I scanned in all the pics from the event book .. Now mind you these are 1x2" thumbnails so they are not super clear but they give you a better idea of what some of the posters look like.

https://picasaweb.google.com/106177607191254337017/IndyFilmFestAuction

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 12:49:25 PM »
I think I like DISTRICT 9 the best.
Thanks for sharing all of these images.
Hung over today?  wynk

guest8

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 01:12:21 PM »
I think I like DISTRICT 9 the best.
Thanks for sharing all of these images.
Hung over today?  wynk

LOL .. Slight head ache .. But I am just relaxing a bit ;)

I really do like Beautiful Mind too.. The scan and my pics dont do Beautiful Mind justice theres a lot of depth you cant see in the scan that well.