Author Topic: Dark Knight Rerelease Poster  (Read 4804 times)

Offline bigmike

• Collector
Dark Knight Rerelease Poster
« on: May 10, 2012, 09:00:18 PM »
Can anyone tell me more info on the Dark Knight Rerelease poster. Was just going over my collection and figured to ask.
I bought this awhile back when it was rereleased. Don't know what the value is now though.

Please keep in mind its similar to the Wilding poster but it is a rerelease poster.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
Re: Dark Knight Rerelease Poster
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 10:47:23 PM »
Is it double sided?

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 06:46:56 AM »
Yes, Double Sided

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 07:18:24 AM »
They re-released DK for a short run in January I believe for the Awards push for Ledger, this was the poster that was used. Damn near exact same poster as the wilding. People pay stupid money for the wilding from Bruce. On ebay this would be a 40-50 poster, Bruce would probably get 100+ for it.

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 07:20:24 AM »
Would the rerelease be more rare or more/less valuable than the  original Wilding one?

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 08:11:34 AM »
The re-release is harder to come by than the wilding by far and I would expect it to be worth more.

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 09:07:52 AM »
Would the rerelease be more rare or more/less valuable than the  original Wilding one?

I know someone who may be willing to buy if you are selling this poster?
He may trade two dark knight rises for it. The second advance and the main design.

Two of these are on ebay for $48 or best offer but they are used and the guy isn't budging much on the price.
I also have two of them but they are at the bottom of a stack of 40 or so, so i can't get to them.

BloodyMurray

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 12:37:08 PM »
I know someone who may be willing to buy if you are selling this poster?
He may trade two dark knight rises for it. The second advance and the main design.

Two of these are on ebay for $48 or best offer but they are used and the guy isn't budging much on the price.
I also have two of them but they are at the bottom of a stack of 40 or so, so i can't get to them.

Hallucination Generation is referring to me.  I am interested in the Dark Knight IMAX poster.  I plan on making the eBay seller an offer but am curious if anyone knows if this print has reprints or has been bootlegged?  Just want to make sure I get a original.  I contacted the seller asking more info on the poster, just waiting on a reply.

BloodyMurray

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 12:41:44 PM »
Is the wilding version a official theatre release?

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 02:09:47 PM »
Wildings are not used in theaters, but for out door advertising on things such as construction sites. The DK wilding was put out in conjunction with the films original release date.

treegate

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 02:41:02 PM »
When I had the wilding style in stock I sold them for $20, and as my supply when down, I raised my price. The last wilding I sold was fairly recently (unless I have more buried in my inventory) and it was $40. The 2009 re-release style was made double-sided but from what I know there aren't that many that were produced since the film had a much smaller re-release than the original 2008 release which was to be expected. I generally get around $125 for the re-release style.

BloodyMurray

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 05:33:22 PM »
When I had the wilding style in stock I sold them for $20, and as my supply when down, I raised my price. The last wilding I sold was fairly recently (unless I have more buried in my inventory) and it was $40. The 2009 re-release style was made double-sided but from what I know there aren't that many that were produced since the film had a much smaller re-release than the original 2008 release which was to be expected. I generally get around $125 for the re-release style.

So the one on eBay for $48 is a good deal.  Any confirmed bootlegs of this version?

Offline Hallucination Generation

• Collector
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 05:57:54 PM »
I haven't heard of any of this particular poster.
I'd just wait on the seller getting back to you but the poster seems like a good deal.
He has two listings for it and on one he is accepting offers.

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 06:43:09 PM »
Not interested in selling it.

Treegate was actually the one that showed me the poster along while ago.

treegate

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 09:14:06 PM »
So the one on eBay for $48 is a good deal.  Any confirmed bootlegs of this version?

Was the one you saw on eBay for $48 the single-sided wilding style that was distributed during the film's original 2008 release or is it the 2009 double-sided re-release? Sorry if this was answered already elsewhere.

If is the double-sided 2009 style, wasn't there a mention that the seller stated it was previously used, if so, more than likely taken/given to him after the theater was finished with it. The most important thing then would be to find out the exact condition because everyone's definition of "mint" or "used" could be something totally different. If he doesn't have actual photos of it, you may want to ask for them. Also packaging is key, so many people are under the belief that putting a poster in a tube, and then capping it shut is enough with regards to protection against damage and it's not, tubes get abused through the postal service, UPS, etc just like any other package does.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 09:18:48 PM by treegate »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 10:06:16 PM »
I have one of each.  I'll sell one off if interested.  Both primo condition.  PM me.  whip