Common Poster Subjects > Restoration

Amateur Linenbacking 101 by Pulpfixin

(1/146) > >>

Charlie:
Phase 2 - Step 1A: Buying Supplies

So I have taken on the task and the first thing I thought I would share is my supplies list.  I am pretty sure I got everything.  I am missing a de-acidifying agent I am still trying to figure this one out.  I don't think the sprays are where its at. I may have to figure out mixing Magnesium Acetate and Magnesium Carbonate (Dario if your reading help would be great in this area), and I probably ordered a lifting bone I don't need....  So if you want to take it on you'll need at least $500 to do it right.  I ordered bulk and you can order less, but what would be the point.

And like Lucas I do have a prequel Phase 1 - Step 1: Building a Washing and Mounting Table  I will start this on Thursday and will snap pics.  I am only building a 48" x 60" table to start, so no three-sheets yet...

So what is next?  

Phase 3 - Step 1A: The 5 Poster Experiment - Pre Restoration Documentation of Condition

I have ten OS of some random 1960s poster and will take five and document their condition.  I will use permanent marker to differentiate the poster pre-backing.  I will then vary the CT and backing techniques and pending the outcome of the first three will also attempt various fixes (tears, paper loss, etc.).

Pulpfixing Out...

holiday:
Well, you have Dario on the board now and he's the expert.  Maybe he'll give you some pointers.

110x75:

--- Quote from: Charlie on April 03, 2012, 10:46:50 PM ---I don't think the sprays are where its at. I may have to figure out mixing Magnesium Acetate and Magnesium Carbonate

--- End quote ---

This would be great to watch. Go Charlie!

paul waines:
How about a you tube video Charlie?   I think this is going to be jollyfine... thumbup  the best of British to you.

quadbod:
Hi, Folks!

Anyone here in the UK fancy setting-up a similar experiment?  I know that one of our clients (who shall remain nameless) was planning a transatlantic trip to get serious training for this procedure, with a view to setting-up an operation in the UK ... and we've not heard from him since ... !   Judging from past experience with various exponents of restoration and linen-backing, those fumes can take their toll!

Looking forward to updates when available.

Best wishes,

Terry - www.quadbod.co.uk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version