Author Topic: James Bond  (Read 627478 times)

Bruce

Re: James Bond
« Reply #775 on: February 19, 2012, 02:20:43 PM »
D'oh! I was hoping they had buried the hatchet.

hitself

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #776 on: February 19, 2012, 02:25:33 PM »
No, that's a link to the official James Bond website (007.com).  IMHO Adam's site is seriously off track with banner advertising all over the website, non-poster Bond memorabilia, and microscopic pictures of posters with "Bondposters" pasted all over them, etc.  

He is also completely confused about copyright and fair use (which doesn't even apply in UK, by the way):

The correct analysis is on Photolaw.net's FAQs on Copyright Law:

So physical ownership of a poster is totally irrelevant for copyright purposes and you have no legal right whatsoever to "donate" a picture of your James Bond poster to a site like Bondposters.com.  

"Fair use" is absolutely the key in this hobby. If fair use didn't apply, we couldn't take pictures of our posters and couldn't post them on forums or on our own websites. (This rule applies to me as well of course.  I have 67 original Bond posters and have exactly the same rights - zero - as someone owning no Bond posters to post copyrighted posters.):

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 03:09:46 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #777 on: February 19, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up about copyright issues.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #778 on: February 19, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »
D'oh! I was hoping they had buried the hatchet.

hitself

Yeah, they did...

...in each other...  wynk

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #779 on: February 26, 2012, 04:33:03 PM »
bondbaby=bondboy=bondposters.com=adam?
Missed this post,but i did notice the babybond sign in coincidence...
If Ad is browsing as a guest... I would invite him to re join....Curiosity even..I would find it difficult to stop posting here regardless of the ribbing I took..its just words at the end of the day....l
Stew

Der Januskopf

« Reply #780 on: February 26, 2012, 04:43:42 PM »
Missed this post,but i did notice the babybond sign in coincidence...
If Ad is browsing as a guest... I would invite him to re join....Curiosity even..I would find it difficult to stop posting here regardless of the ribbing I took..its just words at the end of the day....l
Stew

The thing is Stew, this person is not a guest who is browsing. He/she is a member and has been one since Sept. 14, 2011.  coffee

-Kerry

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:44:14 PM by Der Januskopf »

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #781 on: February 26, 2012, 04:48:25 PM »
I bet i could set up an obvious pseudonym if  i tried..

Stew
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:50:36 PM by stewart boyle »

Der Januskopf

« Reply #782 on: February 26, 2012, 04:52:46 PM »
I bet i could set up an obvious pseudonym i f i tried..

Stew

You could set up any number of pseudonyms, Im sure. What I am saying is that once you are approved and registered as a member, that date is "stamped" on your profile page. That you cannot change. If you set up an alias user name today, and you were approved by T or Holiday today as well, your profile would reflect today's date as your registration date.

(The other option would be that he set up this second alias in Sept, and has never used it to post until now. Seems unlikely, but anything is possible).

-Kerry
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:01:36 PM by Der Januskopf »

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #783 on: February 26, 2012, 04:58:21 PM »
You could set up any number of pseudonyms, Im sure. What I am saying is that once you are approved and registered as a member, that date is "stamped" on your profile page. That you cannot change. If you set up an alias user name today, and you were approved by T or Holiday today as well, your profile would reflect today's date as your registration date.

Make sense?   ;)

-Kerry
absolutely Kerry..without checking...cos I can`t be arsed..how regular a contributor has bondbaby been?

Stew
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:59:03 PM by stewart boyle »

Der Januskopf

« Reply #784 on: February 26, 2012, 05:04:02 PM »
absolutely Kerry..without checking...cos I can`t be arsed..how regular a contributor has bondbaby been?

Stew

Stew,

That post is his/her one and only post to APF, to date.

-Kerry

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #785 on: February 26, 2012, 09:51:22 PM »

Stew

Stew,

That post is his/her one and only post to APF, to date.

-Kerry

bondbaby=bondboy=bondposters.com=adam?

Don't worry about it boys.  That's just my pal from Los Angeles (not Thierry), up to his old tricks again....
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:51:48 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #786 on: February 27, 2012, 07:26:28 PM »
I'm all for freedom of speech, with some exceptions, but are you guys (moderators and owners) gonna allow people to be members here when they only have one post like bondbaby's?

On a side note, is he/she really a child of James Bond?

:D

Der Januskopf

« Reply #787 on: February 27, 2012, 09:02:35 PM »
I'm all for freedom of speech, with some exceptions, but are you guys (moderators and owners) gonna allow people to be members here when they only have one post like bondbaby's?

On a side note, is he/she really a child of James Bond?

:D

Sounds like a true LOVE child to me.  laugh1

-KL

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #788 on: February 27, 2012, 09:25:37 PM »
I deleted the post and will ask Holiday to research the poster.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #789 on: February 29, 2012, 01:10:34 AM »

I cannot continue to play a part in a forum where I will be continually attacked on a personal level over my posts and/or my corrections of so-called "facts" without the direct intervention of the forum administrators.

Sorry, Ad, but this is re-fucking-diculous.  From the get, forums are public places where, by definition, if you post, you can expect everyone to comment. Posting invites commentary.  If you don't want commentary, then don't post.  That goes for everyone here, including me and Thierry.  That said, you're mouth had better not write checks that your ass can't cash if you are going to participate here.

Last thing.  THIERRY AND I ARE NOT BABYSITTERS!  (Actually, I wrote that we are not "fucking" babysitters at first, but that would be all kinds of wrong).  I don't know what you had in mind about the "direct intervention" of the forum administrators, but if your continued participation is contingent on that, then by all means, DON'T PARTICIPATE.

I am at an end with your long-winded posts in which you just whine and whine about the disservice that this forum has supposedly caused you because we supposedly allow others to attack you. If you stop saying stupid shit, no one will attack you.  It's pretty simple.  So, if you want to participate, then do so with full knowledge that this is a PUBLIC forum and that our 4,232 members (oh, sorry, I thought I was Andy there for a minute) will be watching.  If you don't want to participate, then don't.  But please, don't play the faint hearted fool.  It is not becoming.

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #790 on: February 29, 2012, 07:49:41 AM »

This James Bond love affair bed1, ultimately, has culminated in him being the whiniest owner gift recipient of one of the world's largest most over-hyped, private least substantiated collections of James Bond movie posters.

Bruce

« Reply #791 on: February 29, 2012, 08:40:30 AM »
If there is any hope of bringing Adam back, this will surely do it!

Bruce

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #792 on: February 29, 2012, 08:52:19 AM »

This James Bond love affair bed1, ultimately, has culminated in him being the whiniest owner gift recipient of one of the world's largest most over-hyped, private least substantiated collections of James Bond movie posters.

You seem to not realize it, but you were a full 1/2 of this drama that we all so hoped would be put to rest.  What are you T-bagging now?  Give it a fucking rest Mel.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #793 on: February 29, 2012, 09:27:43 AM »
You seem to not realize it, but you were a full 1/2 of this drama that we all so hoped would be put to rest.  What are you T-bagging now?  Give it a fucking rest Mel.

happy1
-Jay-

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #794 on: February 29, 2012, 09:31:52 AM »
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

agentprovocateur

« Reply #795 on: February 29, 2012, 09:45:43 AM »

Well said Matt, Ad's been...

harangued for saying he had the best Bond poster collection.
Taken apart for not posting photos of said collection.
Got a bit of love and a few apologies for starting to post the collection.
Laughed at for posting long messages explaining himself and giving some people a bit of abuse back.
Totally dismissed for inheriting the collection... and wtf is that all about, whether bought, begged, borrowed or stolen it's still your collection imo!

Character assassination, bullying and abuse is 90% of what I've seen heading in Ad's direction for the past year or so, I'm not sure how people expect Ad to react to this continuous vitriol (now that word sums up many posts aimed at him) but I for one would be very unhappy to be on the receiving end for such a length of time.

I know exactly where Eatbrie and Holiday are coming from when they say this isn't a frigging kindergarten... if you're going to post be prepared for whatever comes your way otherwise don't bother. I totally agree, but getting personal on the level that has underpinned this whole cluster fuck imo is wrong.

I'll probably regret posting this, but hey bring it on :(

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #796 on: February 29, 2012, 10:00:29 AM »
Totally dismissed for inheriting the collection... and wtf is that all about, whether bought, begged, borrowed or stolen it's still your collection imo!

You're absolutely right, it's HIS collection, no doubt.  I was one of the early detractors, I ended up being wrong and I apologized for it. This said, when something is gifted to you, a little humility goes a long way and would have served Adam well.

And if Mel has gone overboard with this, Adam's victimized misdemeanor has done nothing but exacerbate the conflict.  Have a little back bone, for heaven's sake.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #797 on: February 29, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »
Well said Matt, Ad's been...

harangued for saying he had the best Bond poster collection.
Taken apart for not posting photos of said collection.
Got a bit of love and a few apologies for starting to post the collection.
Laughed at for posting long messages explaining himself and giving some people a bit of abuse back.

Character assassination, bullying and abuse is 90% of what I've seen heading in Ad's direction for the past year or so, I'm not sure how people expect Ad to react to this continuous vitriol (now that word sums up many posts aimed at him) but I for one would be very unhappy to be on the receiving end for such a length of time.

I know exactly where Eatbrie and Holiday are coming from when they say this isn't a frigging kindergarten... if you're going to post be prepared for whatever comes your way otherwise don't bother. I totally agree, but getting personal on the level that has underpinned this whole cluster fuck imo is wrong.

I'll probably regret posting this, but hey bring it on :(

There is a line that can be crossed when it comes to getting personal.  The post that I read from bondbaby crossed that line, and was deleted.  It's never gotten that close respecting Ad.  Personally, I have been a supporter of Ad from the beginning, and I continue to be a supporter.  That does not mean that I can't call him out for being whiney.   I would do the same thing with a friend outside of cyberspace.  Ad has consistently shown is tissue-thin skin during discourse.

For what it's worth, I have been on the receiving end of harsh words on a forum, both in this forum, and on NS4.  I don't think I did anything to warrant the attacks, and for a time I also said "screw this" and left the forums.  Then I realized - THIS IS A FORUM!  What the fuck do I care if someone does not say what I like?  That helped put things in perspective.  To date, Ad has not done so, and as a result, every little word that would cause one to wince, accumulates on Ad to the point that he cannot handle it any longer.  I hope he comes back, too.  But, this would not be the first time that someone left the forum. 

You should know that he has not asked us to delete his account, so the account was and will remain active.  He's welcome to participate at any time.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

agentprovocateur

« Reply #798 on: February 29, 2012, 01:44:47 PM »
I agree with both of you that Adam's responses may not have done him any favours, victimsed and whiney as you put it, but there's all sorts of people in this world and not everyone will be as precise, eloquent and to the point as we'd like. Just imagine if we were all balshy, argumental and forthright, it'd be a battle field in every thread. Admittedly, Eatbrie when you mentioned the word humility I did have to hold my hand up and agree wholeheartedly.

All of us on here are passionate about film posters, this saga reminds me of a conversation I had with Mrs AP about arguments, when we looked back on our favourites we realised the actual argument was about nothing, and realised at the time we probably just wanted realise some of the pent up angst in our heads ;D

This whole dialogue stems from Ads alluding to having the best Bond poster collection and not showing/proving it... people get pissed off... he starts posting images of posters from his collection thus proving he does have an above average Bond poster collection... people still seem to have a beef with him. The original argument has been disproved yet no air has been cleared and their is still animosity from both sides.

Amateur phychologist I'm not so apologies for another post on the subject, I just can't figure why this has carried on when the original point to the animosity has been disproved and damn it we're all here for the same reason!

I'll be shutting up now :-X

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #799 on: February 29, 2012, 01:51:52 PM »
Adam posted one pic of "his" Goldfinger subway poster plus a few pics of some magazine ads. He has never substantiated "his"collection or shown that it is anything special. If he has security or other legitimate reasons not to publicly reveal his collection he must articulate them rather than get defensive. Otherwise he should not be bragging about his collection.

Without trying to brag, I have 1200 posters and I could take and post a few pics and substantiate the scope of my collection in 30 minutes.

P.S. Of course his "love affair with Bond posters" is nothing compared to the love affair between our forum overlords....
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:58:04 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »