Author Topic: She's Crushed  (Read 14135 times)

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
She's Crushed
« on: February 01, 2010, 01:03:02 PM »
My latest film which is now being released on Feb. 16th in the US has been getting some buz due to all the illegal downloading across the globe. At one point it had been downloaded over 1,000 times that we new of and now its spreading like a wild fire. Popularity is up big time on IMDB this week. And I see that we sure pissed off some people. Check out the reviews we are getting on this film. The author of the first one probably wants my head on a stake.   :)

Crushed on IMDB

Crushed Reviews on IMDB

Chad

guest8

Re: She's Crushed
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 04:05:05 PM »
LOL .. I seen the user review saying how sick the authors were they should be in a mental institution and shame on the actors for playing those parts all while saying they hope the authors die!!! There are some odd peoples out there for sure! Can anyone say .. Irony ? ;)

I will deff be waiting to see this .. I got a chance to watch Side FX yesterday .. Its a perfect Sunday morning flick, Chad! Nice boobys and lotsa blood :P Seriously though I was worried going in and outside of some of the acting and some obvious bloopers (boom mic in the shot a few times) It was pretty good !!

My thoughts .. Better talent would have made up for any technical issues .. Personally I dont like fade to black cuts, unless theres something about the previous scene you want the viewer to think about for that half a second .. and the lighting was inconstant at times .. But over all with a nice sized budget Im sure much of this could have been remedied ..

LOL .. One thing I loved was watching the credits .. How many times did your name pop up in there Chad .. Im thinking like 4-5 ?? :P 

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 06:38:56 PM »
Haha,

Yeah, that Boom Mic was in the overscan and wasn't suppose to be in there. The distributor F'd that up. Just curious did you watch on a TV or computer? I've found that a lot of times you don't see those mics on a TV but on a computer you do every time. Far as the credits go, yeah man we did variations of our names over and over because we knew we'd get screwed on a deal if they found out 2 people made the whole thing. Most of the names on the credits of SideFX are fake. I can't tell you how much it cost to make SideFX due to our contractual agreement with our Executive Producer, but lets just say it wouldn't even cover a day of crafts and services on most sets.

Chad

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 07:09:26 PM »
"Whoever wrote this is definitely sick and evil and needs to be put in a mental institution. We need to take back our society and rid them of these creeps."

LMAO  Okay, this makes me want to see it.  It's in My Netfilx queue

guest8

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 07:49:38 PM »
Haha,

Yeah, that Boom Mic was in the overscan and wasn't suppose to be in there. The distributor F'd that up. Just curious did you watch on a TV or computer? I've found that a lot of times you don't see those mics on a TV but on a computer you do every time. Far as the credits go, yeah man we did variations of our names over and over because we knew we'd get screwed on a deal if they found out 2 people made the whole thing. Most of the names on the credits of SideFX are fake. I can't tell you how much it cost to make SideFX due to our contractual agreement with our Executive Producer, but lets just say it wouldn't even cover a day of crafts and services on most sets.

Chad

LOL .. Well for 2 people .. You get a gold star ! Definitely a win in my book ! And now if when She's Crushed does well your cultish fans may go back and bring in a resurgence of Side FX !! :)  As for how I watched the movie .. It was on my 46" Sammy through my PS3.. I think I only saw it like 2-3 times .. maybe once in the beginning and once or twice towards the end..

kauaitx

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 07:58:05 PM »

What a way to make a splash in the movie business, Chad.  How does it feel to be thought of as sick creep who ought to be institutionalized? 

So just how did you come up with this story?  And what's the official title exactly: is it 'Crushed' or 'She's Crushed'??  IMDb has the movie listed as Crushed.

And, just because I "know" you in that weird Internet way, I'll keep an eye out for your sick, perverted movie.  I can't commit to actually watching it, but I'll keep a cautious, wary eye out (and running shoes tightly on).

Jeannie

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 11:13:57 PM »
The actual title in the US has been changed to "She's Crushed." It might be the same when we release in foreign markets. Originally it was called "Crushed", which is what IMDB still has it as. It takes a few weeks for them to update it. We argued that She's Crushed is to on the nose for the movie so we got them to at least make the She's part small.

Far as pissing people off and them wanting us to die. Well, Patrick (my producing partner/director) and I feel like we must be of importance now! Can't have the Yin without the Yang. Really though, all I can do is laugh. We just make these films and let them try to find their audience. Not everyone's going to like the films we make and that goes especially for She's Crushed. It's either you like or you don't! Either you get it and the point we are making in the film or you don't. Obviously it was too much for some people.  ;)

Chad

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 02:26:40 PM »
Haha, some guy in London saw a bootleg copy of the film and was compelled to write us, check out what he said:

Glen sent you a message.

--------------------
Subject: Well.

I have a friend who freelances for one of the better film magazines here in the UK. Yesterday he called and just said "come over. You HAVE to see this". Then he hung up. Hm.

A couple of hours later, instead of languishing on his sofa as I had imagined, observing some dire, low-rent waste of my life through bored, slitted eyes, as I had so many times, I was clawing the air. Hissing things like "Jesus". And "shit!"

I mentioned yesterday that I am a film fanatic grown jaded over the years, having seen everything before. And CRUSHED wears its precedent references proudly (you will have had, I am sure, many people mention Ôdishon in the same breath as your film, although I felt it had more in common with the Ôdishon of Ryu Murakami than that of Miike-san).

But there was so much in there that I TRULY felt I hadn't seen before. There was so much you did right, it made me gasp, several times. Your use of colour felt positively hallucinatory. Your storytelling dynamic, criminally excellent pacing, such skillful rendering of a basic premise; there was not a single wasted moment in your film. You are particularly adept at framing your shots, I was so fucking impressed. And the laughter - Keith Malley is such a natural comedic talent, and when I saw Lobotmised Phil in the closet, well, I chuckled and just said: "like a plaything of Dahmer".

Needless to say that Natalie's performance was astonishing; I simply couldn't take my eyes off her.

I don't want to outstay my welcome. When the film was over, I said I wanted to ghostwrite the review (I've done this before - I get paid but not name-checked. I'm not a reviewer, but merely a writer of fiction that upsets people). Hopefully we'd see it in print March/April.

I won't lie to you - I went home with a copy (I have to be able to see it again). However, do you know if the US release will be paired with a PAL DVD release? If so, I will certainly be purchasing a copy.

Thank you for a great experience, and once again - good fucking job.

Glen.

guest8

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 02:40:48 PM »
Thats great! Im getting psyched to see it now ! LOL .. Not that I wasnt before but now I feel left out when everyone else is getting to watch it already !!

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 10:27:26 AM »
 qip Today's the big day for She's Crushed DVD release in the US. Rent it, buy it, put it in your netflix queue, or download the bit torrent that is all over the net.

She's Crushed

Chad

easyenders

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 11:25:34 AM »
Chad,

when is it opening over in the UK? How can I get it? or see it........my attention span is so small I'm sure I will find something else similer ???

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 12:41:26 PM »
Chad,

when is it opening over in the UK? How can I get it? or see it........my attention span is so small I'm sure I will find something else similer ???

I have no idea when it is going to be released in the UK at this point. Sometime with in the year is all I know. As of now the review I posted above came from a person who saw it on the torrent download and he lives in London. Downloading it on the interent is the only way to see it until an official copy comes out later this year. Unless you have a DVD player that plays multiple regions then you can buy a US copy of it. When I find out the UK release date I will post it up for my friends across the pond.

Chad

easyenders

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 01:09:53 PM »
As anybody seen it yet? Can we have some reviews? All the best for the opening  sm1

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 03:55:15 PM »

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 11:07:29 PM »
It's in my netflix queue!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 02:14:47 PM »

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 11:18:08 PM »
Awesome.  It's a pretty harrowing movie, and it's definitely mandatory watching for anyone who's ever considered the possible blowback of a one-night stand.  Very much worth the time.  Congratulations, Chad.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 01:39:18 AM »
Awesome.  It's a pretty harrowing movie, and it's definitely mandatory watching for anyone who's ever considered the possible blowback of a one-night stand.  Very much worth the time.  Congratulations, Chad.

Thanks, glad you got a chance to see it.

Chad