Author Topic: Ghostbusters  (Read 6900 times)

Offline Under The Floorboards

• Beginner
Ghostbusters
« on: December 22, 2011, 07:44:12 PM »
OK, here's goes. I know I'll get fair and honest comments on this forum so I thought I would post our new print.
As you can see fromt my avatar, the Unforgiven poster (which I unfortunately don't own ) is one of my fav's.
So I decided to ask an artist to draw up a print based on the teaser and Ghostbusters, another BIG film for me.
It was just going to be an art print that I would hoof around to conventions etc, but I found a cinema in Leeds which was showing the film at the end of this year.
They were happy for us to use their name so we created a teaser for them.
This is it, a 6 colour screen print in metallics and I believe glossy inks.
They are due to arrive tomorrow so not sure how they look, but I trust the printer, Half and Half which Danny Miller and Matt @ CO use.
I think I would love to hear comments on it! I like it, but then I would  :)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
Re: Ghostbusters
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 07:54:48 PM »
OK, here's goes. I know I'll get fair and honest comments on this forum so I thought I would post our new print.
As you can see fromt my avatar, the Unforgiven poster (which I unfortunately don't own ) is one of my fav's.
So I decided to ask an artist to draw up a print based on the teaser and Ghostbusters, another BIG film for me.
It was just going to be an art print that I would hoof around to conventions etc, but I found a cinema in Leeds which was showing the film at the end of this year.
They were happy for us to use their name so we created a teaser for them.
This is it, a 6 colour screen print in metallics and I believe glossy inks.
They are due to arrive tomorrow so not sure how they look, but I trust the printer, Half and Half which Danny Miller and Matt @ CO use.
I think I would love to hear comments on it! I like it, but then I would  :)

I`m not sure most punters would "get" the Unforgiven/Busters theme.. but it does look good as an Anime reboot of Busters..
Cool.

Stew

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 08:50:02 PM »
I like it!  thumbup

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 10:07:02 PM »
Looks awesome, Mike!  And you really should get you one of those Unforgiven teasers.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 11:55:35 PM »
It's good, and I picked up on it immediately before reading anything.  Nicely done.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 05:28:32 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words, appreciate it.
And if I could pick up a teaser with falling into the old, "Bollocks, I've just bought another fake" scenario then I would.
I've done it too many times (not on this title but many others)!

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 05:39:56 PM »
It's good, and I picked up on it immediately before reading anything.  Nicely done.

Same.  I really like it too.

Ves

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 11:57:23 AM »
Nice idea - that Unforgiven teaser is one of my faves too (picked one up from emovieposter earlier in the year...great service). Nice details in the print like the badge on the arm. Slight shame there's no title or credits, but I presume that's some sort of annoying licensing type stumbling block?

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 07:50:22 AM »
Thanks Tob.
It was a success, I was a little surprised about that.
Yes, I wanted to leave off all the credits due to any problems, maybe even the ghost logo, but there wasn't loads of it showing.
Looking to get some licensed products in the new year and maybe steer away from movie themed posters, but then again I go to loads of film based conventions around the UK. The Back to the Future worked well, raised $1550 so far for TEAM FOX, but wasn't able to get the metal variant sorted and maybe missed the boat on that one.