Author Topic: Anyone here had his paypal account hacked?  (Read 1833 times)

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Anyone here had his paypal account hacked?
« on: December 18, 2011, 10:35:42 PM »
Hi all, I woke up today and checking my mail I found one from paypal with the "Receipt for Your Payment to..." subject. I browse it and it said I have purchased an Android 2.2 Tablet Phone with 7 Inch Touchscreen from "Chinavasion Wholesale Ltd." for $151,12 USD. (wich I didn´t)
I first thought it could be one of those fish a sucker spam/phishing mails. I logged to my paypal account to verify and, surprise!... the money was not there. Great, my account was hacked! 
I thought it was weird the one who entered and used MY money did not change the password (or use all the funds) and got all paranoid, so I inmediately changed my password and security questions...
I filed a complaint in Paypal´s resolution center for non authorized payment, sent the money left to a friend`s account and wrote the receiver of the money (who seems to be a legitimate bussines) asking him to cooperate in the paypal dispute....
Has anyone here had a similar problem? Are paypal disputes like this usually resolved?
Please, give me some input... sucks bad being invaded like this... 
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Anyone here had his paypal account hacked?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 10:56:19 PM »
Sure you weren't drunk and don't remember your purchase Matias?  ;)

Seriously though I know this sucks - I had my eBay account hacked about 8-9 years ago
Chris

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
Re: Anyone here had his paypal account hacked?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 11:13:10 PM »
Sure you weren't drunk and don't remember your purchase Matias?  ;)

Seriously though I know this sucks - I had my eBay account hacked about 8-9 years ago

I`m sure I wasn`t drunk Chris... I buy lovely pieces of paper when I am, not shitty gadgets  ;D
The whole situations sucks for sure. Let`s see how things develope before getting all sad...
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo