Author Topic: Seller question  (Read 11705 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Seller question
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 05:31:52 PM »
You`re right Ted. I had already seen a complete image of the poster in the seller`s previous site (the europosterman) and noticed the missing part. I knew it was the same poster by the dates and condition of the snipe, so I bought it knowing about the missing part.
If I had not seen it previously I probably would have ended surprised...
The art is superb! After the german A1, is the best I`ve seen for the film...

Okay Matias, but that still leaves me questioning this seller's honesty (for lack of a better word).
You had previously seen the damaged poster on his site and knew that the poster on Ebay was the same because of the dates.
If that cropped photo is the pic the seller used on Ebay, did he describe the damage in his Ebay ad?
Or, did you email prior to the purchase to confirm that the poster at auction was the same as on his site?
I just find it disconcerting if the cropped photo was up on Ebay without full details on the missing paper.
Forgive my '20 questions' approach. I am just curious whether the seller was trying to pull a fast one.
 thumbup

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 06:09:22 PM »
Ted, I bought it directly through his site (that`s where his image comes from)
The damage was not exactly described in the condition (literally "GOOD USED CONDITTION ")
I wrote him previously but did not ask about condition, just about shipping cost to Argentina. He replied "no more than U$S 20... wich was strange (come on, give me an exact price!) I later checked on ebay and he charges less there, but I decided to give it a go anyway. Paper for this film is kinda rare and I was not willing to wait too much time to find another one.
I don`t know if the seller is dishonest (as the poster arrived as promised), he just doesn`t seem to give a f**k about good service...  eyeroll
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 06:38:52 PM »
Ted, I bought it directly through his site (that`s where his image comes from)
The damage was not exactly described in the condition (literally "GOOD USED CONDITTION ")
I wrote him previously but did not ask about condition, just about shipping cost to Argentina. He replied "no more than U$S 20... wich was strange (come on, give me an exact price!) I later checked on ebay and he charges less there, but I decided to give it a go anyway. Paper for this film is kinda rare and I was not willing to wait too much time to find another one.
I don`t know if the seller is dishonest (as the poster arrived as promised), he just doesn`t seem to give a f**k about good service...  eyeroll

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Matias. I thought it was an Ebay sale.
I am not too fussy about paper loss, snipes or writing on the upper border of a Belgian (or an American window card). I was just curious as to whether he was trying to conceal that damage from any potential buyers. It is a sharp-looking poster. Congrats!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 06:44:02 PM »
BTW Matias, now that you have that nice Belgian for STRANGE WORLD, you should gift your friend Ted with that ugly-ass German poster from the same film.
Christmas is right around the corner.
 wynk

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 06:46:55 PM »
No problem Ted... I might just not find it in all this paper chaos around here...  ;D
Matias

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2011, 11:40:11 AM »
Hey Matias, Glad it turned up O.K. Jollyfine poster too.

The fact this.......Seller... use's cropped pics for his Ebay listings, and say's nothing about the damage on his Ebay auction, should be enough to stop people buying from him, as it's sums up his totally bad attitude toward his customers. One of Ebays worst sellers....   
It's more than a Hobby...

tstatum

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 06:46:15 PM »
I just got my order in and luckily it arrived timely and as described.  I may never order from him again after hearing the horror story's, but this time it worked out for me.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2011, 06:53:57 PM »
Suwheeeeeeet poster, Tim!
Glad it worked out.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2011, 07:25:20 PM »
Matias... 12E is about $16. add something for materials and gas etc.. $20 is about right

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2011, 09:26:17 PM »
Matias... 12E is about $16. add something for materials and gas etc.. $20 is about right

You are right Ted. The fact that he charges less on his ebay listings and didnīt gave me an exact shipping quote when asked, just seemed weird. No complains at all (now that the poster showed up  ;))
Matias

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 04:45:19 PM »
Oh great, I just saw I just bought 2 belgians from him awaiting payment which i just paid... well they are just cheapies, we'll see.

Well, of the 2 begians I ordered from ebay seller dafisj2, one was not the poster I ordered... so I didnt get the poster I most wanted. Not sure what to do. I bought on 11/16/11 so think I just have days now to leave feedback. I also dont have much patience anymore when it comes to incompetent sellers, especially with a seller who does not have the best reputation. I'll just send one message saying ill now leave neg feedback, link to my nameandshameyou.com site, expect to receive the correct poster soon and he can arrange pickup of the thing he sent me that i didnt ask for, if he wants it. I assume I can cancel the neg once I get the correct poster in some weeks?

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2012, 06:09:58 AM »
Ok, got a reply from Helene and he advises he will refund in full my purchase cost (2 posters and shipping) and I can keep the posters. I sent my paypal details to him.

I said I will not proceed with the neg and shaming if he photographs the missing poster with the packaging with postage, before my last day of giving feedback (Jan 12), but he said he couldn't as he was on holiday so I said well you can instead refund me in full by that date and I will return the money to him when the correct poster is received. Not sure if I will receive it... I hope so, and I will definitely keep my word and refund the money in full.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:12:09 AM by 50s »

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2012, 06:21:12 AM »
Too bad the missing poster was the one you most expected Steve... :(
Hopefully you can work it out to get it after the seller's break!
Matias

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 03:35:55 AM »
The full refund came through

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder