Author Topic: Lucked Out Big Time  (Read 3524 times)

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
Lucked Out Big Time
« on: October 24, 2011, 03:26:42 PM »
Just received four posters I bought on ebay a while back from Spain and they turned up in a real flimsy cardboard box that's about 16x16 and 2 inches tall.  Well the top was opened, the bottom was smashed in and one of the sides was taped poorly leaving the side opened.  Essentially it looks like someone sat on it while it was laying flat and most of the sides busted open.  Surprisingly there did not seem to be any damage to the posters which I was very happy to see, all the damage was to the ends of the box where the seller had just sealed all the openings with a piece of that brown packaging tape.  They were relatively inexpensive but pretty unattainable in the states, and hadn't seem them before.  Very happy that the relatively mediocre packing of the seller and shipping of USPS didn't screw me over.  But to the postman's credit he waited for me to check it out.

Offline TheAnswerMVP2001

• Collector
  • Just Mellin'
    • Voluptuous Vinyl
Re: Lucked Out Big Time
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 08:57:06 PM »
So here's some pictures I just took after bringing it home.  It's essentially one thin piece of cardboard that's closed by one piece of that cheap brown packing tape (I hate this tape, but it must be the European standard)

So here's the top this is how it came to me open, only about 15-20% on the top was sealed.

Here's one of the sides (again each side and the top only had one piece of tape.  On this side the tape had pretty much came loose and attached itself inside the box, leaving the whole side open, fortunately the posters where held inside because they were against the lip that folds in to form the side.

Then one of the corners on the bottom was bashed in on the bottom, luckily the bottom was one piece and not taped otherwise I'd imagine I would have received an empty box.

Here's the back, amazingly the box took the brunt of damage, none of those creases or folds made it on the posters.

And here are the posters resting nice and smooth in a tattered box... it really defies all logic how they survived unscathed!

The guy I bought them from sells hundreds of posters, so I was a little surprised at this packaging.  But all his auctions are only listed for shipping to Italy so maybe this is a reason he doesn't normally ship worldwide.  If I buy from him again I'll make sure to request he does a little better job, or at least not be so stingy on the tape.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:58:45 PM by TheAnswerMVP2001 »