Author Topic: Nov. Heritage Signature Auction  (Read 23648 times)

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
Nov. Heritage Signature Auction
« on: October 23, 2011, 10:28:28 AM »

Internet bidding begins on 10/27 for the Heritage November Signature auction.  They have about 1500 posters listed right now, so I would think the field is set.  My first question is, has anybody received thier catalogs yet?  I have not.

Second question, if money was no object, which poster would you take home, even if you were bidding against Nicolas Cage?

Here is my answer to the second question:

"Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Nov. Heritage Signature Auction
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 10:46:48 AM »
I'd love to bid on this one....

but this one is mighty fine, too..

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 01:28:16 PM »
Tough choice.  My first instinct is this one:

But that's a title card and rather small, so I guess I would go here instead:
-Jay-

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 01:43:47 PM »
  Internet bidding begins on 10/27 for the Heritage November Signature auction.  They have about 1500 posters listed right now, so I would think the field is set.  My first question is, has anybody received thier catalogs yet?  I have not

I asked Grey yesterday & he said they get shipped at the end of this week.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 04:43:52 PM »

Second question, if money was no object, which poster would you take home, even if you were bidding against Nicolas Cage?
  Here is my answer to the second question:

Even with that crazy printing defect at the bottom that is making all the colors fade away?
No thanks, I'll wait for a better one.

The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 08:39:48 PM »
I know Christmas is coming sooner than we all expect, and if one of you hasn't gotten my present yet the "Greed" window card would do quite nicely. 

I'll act surprised, I promise.

--Peter
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Charlie

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 08:47:19 PM »
Can you actually go and attend this auction in person?  I am off that Friday; it might be a fun trip....  Plus being in Houston its not that big a trip.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 08:47:47 PM by Charlie »

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 08:52:53 PM »
yousure can Charlie

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 09:12:50 PM »

Okay, since crowzilla made me rethink my first pick, I guess I will have to go to Plan B as my ultimate pick:

"Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 09:33:42 PM »
LMMFAO.. PLAN B.. LOL

laugh1

-------

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 01:37:24 AM »
Not only is your Plan B poster a much better looking piece, it's rarer and will sell for more money than the other one.
Nice pick.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

agentprovocateur

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 12:16:07 PM »
From a money no object point of view I really like the the Forbidden Planet, but then I saw the To Catch a Thief, stunning! But damn it that King Kong is tasty!!!!

So I've decided on this little beauty...

Now if only someone would outbid me on all the other auctions I'm winning I think I may have a stab at it! mesmrized

ps. It's the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban lenticular 1-sheet (25.75" X 40")!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 01:12:45 PM »
From a money no object point of view I really like the the Forbidden Planet, but then I saw the To Catch a Thief, stunning! But damn it that King Kong is tasty!!!!

So I've decided on this little beauty...

Now if only someone would outbid me on all the other auctions I'm winning I think I may have a stab at it! mesmrized

ps. It's the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban lenticular 1-sheet (25.75" X 40")!

I bet this Potter goes over or right near a grand.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 01:18:19 PM »
Hmmm... I might say even more on that one.  Given that there are (supposedly) only 6 in existence and that HP is like our generation's Star Wars... in 20 years this poster will be more or less the equivalent of the mythical US triple bill for the original trilogy.  What do you think one of those would go for at auction today?  I'm guessing whoever bids on this Potter lenticular is going to have that kind of long-term plan in mind...  I would guess closer to $2-3K. 

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 02:05:54 PM »
It very well could, was just saying be prepared to spend over 4 digits on it, because it could get nuts. The only thing holding it back is other than Holiday  ;) , there are not a lot of people that will spend that much money on that new of a release.

The triple bill is such a bland poster the rarity is all it has driving it, that and the thousands of star wars collectors out there.

Potter has a drove as well, but the Potter fans in general are not of age to have the spending power of the Star Wars collectors.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 02:21:54 PM »
Potter has a drove as well, but the Potter fans in general are not of age to have the spending power of the Star Wars collectors.

correct Dale, however I think in 10 years Potter will be just as big as Star Wars in collector demand

-------

agentprovocateur

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 02:23:11 PM »
Okey dokey, could I just check something else, as this poster we're talking about is from the (rumoured) less than 10 lenticular batch... what is the poster on the original thread that has the date at the bottom (June 4th) which seems to be an English language version of the French one on emovieposter at the moment?

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,2289.msg34642.html#msg34642

Is this a regular printed version on normal paper? I only ask as I haven't seen one of them either! The French version says '2 Juin' so I'm thinking if I find where the film was released on June 4th I may have the country!?

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »
correct Dale, however I think in 10 years Potter will be just as big as Star Wars in collector demand

only with bigger supply, except for the few rare posters like this lenticular and the one you`re auctioning
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »
Matias.. Star Wars #1 one sheets are as common as newspapers. I have a "stack" of them in my office

as a matter of fact, SW may be the most common poster of the modern era. it had 4 printings, all theatrical, during it's original release

-------

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 03:01:26 PM »
Big difference between STAR WARS and HARRY POTTER posters are the art. 
All of the original SW posters are great paintings.
Potter -- except for the first two posters -- are all photos.

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 03:21:29 PM »
Big difference between STAR WARS and HARRY POTTER posters are the art. 
All of the original SW posters are great paintings.
Potter -- except for the first two posters -- are all photos.

If you include advances, I think there are two or three more.  There is the SStone advance with the owl and one with the boats.  But I could be wrong as usual.   :D

Brian

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 03:42:58 PM »
If you include advances, I think there are two or three more.  There is the SStone advance with the owl and one with the boats.  But I could be wrong as usual.   :D

These are the two I am referring to. I don't know of any other painted posters. I believe the boat poster is a manipulated photo.

They are both very sharp and I'm happy my copies are in NM condition.  wynk

• Post-aholic
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 04:55:57 PM »
Tell.. most of the posters are not photos, though a number are photo-realistic and/or a combination of photo-realism and illustrative art

-------

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 05:08:38 PM »
The Azkaban lenticular reminds me of the Nightmare Before Christmas Hell's Gate lenticular.  Big money lenticulars both of them, but I'd rather save that few thousand for the Hell's Gate that I will have on day!  Someone said recently that the Azkaban is ugly as fuck, and I think they're right.  I've actually decided against buying either version, money being limited as it is.  There's too many other things to buy.  Same with the HP Sorcerer's onesheet that's coming up.  I don't want to buy just because something is rare, and with the only difference being "sorcerer's" versus "philosopher's", it's not worth to me what the poster will command at auction.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 05:10:58 PM »
Tell.. most of the posters are not photos, though a number are photo-realistic and/or a combination of photo-realism and illustrative art

If you mean manipulated photographic images, using Adobe or some other program, I agree.
I don't know of any other painted posters for the HP series other than the two I posted.
In the case of the STAR WARS posters, they are all paintings.
There is a big difference.