Author Topic: Heritage - MyCollection  (Read 6179 times)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Heritage - MyCollection
« on: October 18, 2011, 09:29:16 PM »
Heritage have launched a new website called MyCollection which lists your past purchases off Heritage for other people to contact you via Heritage to make you an offer for any of your purchases. If you don't want this to happen you need to login and agree to a Terms and Conditions and another document and then go in and find the settings to change.

Maybe you want to discuss the Heritage MyCollection site in this thread?

I am not happy it is an opt out system. My thoughts are best described in my email to Heritage below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello Heritage,

I entered the MyCollection part of your site and clicked around and now have the fear of god some setting or option I have clicked may cause me to lose my poster(s), if someone buys it through you/your site(s). I am also concerned if your site has a glitch that wont be acknowledged and I subsequently lose my property as a result (eg you say I enabled a setting for purchase when I didn't). See screenshot attached for one of my consternations (Note I added no value in the field it was there by default and it is not clear what price you refer).

This is to advise I do not want Heritage or any other party acting for or on behalf of Heritage to be involved with the selling of any of my items I have purchased through Heritage. Please disable any possibility for this until I agree first to this in writing/email.

The site may be easy for you to understand, to change settings, but I would not like to be part of this. I do not want to find I missed a setting either for my past purchases or any future purchases.

PS this should be an opt in system rather than an opt out system - I do not want any offers to be sent to me. I believe I have now opted out by selecting options on your site. Could you please ensure I have opted out of receiving any offers for any of my items that you have listed on your site. Please disable my access to MyCollection if this need be.

My Heritage client number: xxxxxxxx

Thank you,

xxxxxxxxxxx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe I am just getting too old for computers....

One thing for sure is I dislike companies hooking you in with opt outs instead of opt ins. Maybe this is justified by them in their terms and conditions I agreed to long ago, I don't know, but this still irks me.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: Heritage - MyCollection
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 09:42:20 PM »
I agree that if its something new and its automatically set for you to be involved, and that you have to opt out to be uninvolved, that's pretty shitty.

Sounds like Facebook.

H
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 09:53:57 PM »
I got the email today too... I like the idea of both the My Collections site, and the option of selling posters through them, but I definitely agree that it should be opt-in, not opt-out.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 10:40:07 PM »
I opted out.  I don't know what it is and want nothing to do with it.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 10:47:07 PM »
I opted out.  I don't know what it is and want nothing to do with it.

T

It's just another $$$ making stream for Heritage.
Chris

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 10:49:53 PM »
I know they charge you a 10% consignment fee when you sell, but I wonder if they still charge the buyer a 20% buyer's premium as well? 

Its a no brainer for them, it sounds like they can re-sell old posters without ever having to handle them!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 10:54:46 PM »
I know they charge you a 10% consignment fee when you sell, but I wonder if they still charge the buyer a 20% buyer's premium as well? 

Its a no brainer for them, it sounds like they can re-sell old posters without ever having to handle them!

Yeah it's basically similar to eBay.
Chris

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 10:55:27 PM »
i don't think im going to opt in, out, or otherwise.  But as soon as they think they sold one of my posters, they will find out my opinions on the matter.  Besides, for all they know, I burned them as soon as they got to my door.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 11:28:50 PM »
I like the idea, but it should be opt-in not opt-out.
That is for the birds.

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 01:45:25 AM »
Is this really that big a deal to everyone?

You see a cool poster in the Heritage archives and think "I would love that piece and would pay much more for it", and it happens to have a "make an offer" button next to it.
So you submit an offer.
If it's rejected (or ignored), no big deal. If it's accepted, great - you bought a poster you want, and the seller hopefully makes some money.

The person making the offer never has any idea who you are (they deal with Heritage), and if you receive an offer it is impossible for you to "accidentally" sell your poster.  Just ignore the email if you want.

I fail to see the fuss.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 01:49:28 AM »
Why would people sell posters they bought?  This is complete nonsense to me.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 03:08:37 AM »
I fail to see the fuss.

My main concern is there is the ability for a buyer to buy your poster instantly on their site. You have to hand your poster over. Granted you have to enter a selling price in a box for this function to be enabled, but the website looks confusing (as per my first post), and as such I dont want to accidently lose a poster(s).

Contacting me with offers is not as big a concern, but I don't want to be contacted and the only way to prevent it is going into their site and agreeing to a days worth of reading of their terms and conditions then figuring out how to disable it. Why should I do all this? what if every online seller gets me to do the same, in fact any seller? I am over people trying to use you for their financial gain to your inconvenience. It should be opt in not opt out. Heritage in my opinion is over stepping the line of good relations with their customers.

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 04:03:52 AM »
Well I just figured it's easy enough to delete any emails they might send, but I certainly understand not wanting to jump through hoops to opt out.

You never know when someone might decide to make a crazy offer for a poster you have though.  I don't have any intention right now to sell say the Werewolf of London insert, but if someone decided they had to have it for stupid money how would I ever know they were interested if I didn't allow Heritage to send me a message?

We know you have that great Strangler of the Swamp 6-sheet.  Maybe someone wants to send you an unsolicited offer of $62K for it, figuring it never hurts to ask.  You of course can delete the message and never respond. But at least with Heritage the offeror never knows it is your poster, but here someone can bug you about it every day if they want.

Not trying to make excuses for Heritage, I thought it was an interesting and useful system (they've been using it in different areas for quite some time already) and figured deleting an email every now and then is no biggie, but again understand that it could be confusing.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 04:13:57 AM »
okay, seeing as I'm going to make offers on posters I missed out on, be aware that all of you must accept my offers, no matter how low they are, so why not just send me those posters right now..
I'm not going to bother listing them, you know which posters they are. I demand you send them immediately

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 03:58:57 PM »
omg
Heritage just informed me that I have been offered prices on my Double Indemnity wc, my Dahlia hs, Dahlia R50s Quad, my 2 Murder My Sweet 1/2 sheets, my High Window UK hs, 40x60 and every other Chandler poster I bought from them, the prices are so low.. but what am I gonna do? I have to let Heritage sell them whether I like it or not.. I should have opted out

oh the humidity

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 06:48:06 AM »
Its not a big deal at all...I just recently turned my first offer down...i was emailed a very clean and professionally simple offer exactly 30% more than I paid....the language specifies Heritage collects 10% from this...so I would make a quick 20% above my total cost...I really did consider it partially because it was so random...but I really love the piece so I declined...I clicked one button...I curiously appreciated the offer because it gave me a random reason to ponder my attachment to this specific poster...

I would venture to say that this program potentially enables people with high end posters an easy way to sell to someone for the right price...it is probably less risky than an eBay listing and certainly less work... less turnover time than consigning...plus you can ONLY make a profit...

Don't look at it as a hassle....look at it as an opportunity
Tait