Author Topic: Mondo - Drew Struzan 'Frankenstein' ltd ed print (Fri 30 Sep)  (Read 32547 times)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
Re: Mondo - Drew Struzan 'Frankenstein' ltd ed print (Fri 30 Sep)
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 12:15:08 PM »
I'd love to know how many people are waiting right now.

And what if they don't do it for another couple of hours?  How many people moved their schedule around to be in front of their computers right now?  I have 2 friends who went to work early for the drop.

T

Was thinking the same thing. This is crazy. The recent tweet of 'later today' doesn't exactly help morale.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2011, 12:16:39 PM »
+1

Woot!

Charlie

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2011, 12:16:53 PM »
Got 1; first try on Mondo    woohoo

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2011, 12:16:58 PM »
IT'S UP!!!
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2011, 12:17:05 PM »
I cant believe it, I got one  bed1 woohoo woohoo woohoo woohoo woohoo woohoo woohoo

guest8

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2011, 12:17:22 PM »
Done and checked out even before the tweet :)

Charlie

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2011, 12:18:58 PM »
Its sold out already...

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2011, 12:21:02 PM »
annnddd the ebay flood begins.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »
Got one as well.

Wow, got so lucky. Just posted here, went back, refreshed it was up. Went through check out. Crazy.

Congrats all.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2011, 12:25:56 PM »
Balls! My boss came over to talk to me at the crucial moment!

I even heard by phone buzz as the tweet went off! ha ha ha, oh well, twas obviously not meant to be! Congrats on those that scored.

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2011, 12:26:25 PM »
I got one too - only the second time I have broken my New Year's resolution not to buy any more new Mondo prints.  

Mark

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2011, 12:29:36 PM »
Got 1; first try on Mondo    woohoo

You got the best, Charlie.  It really looks cool in person.  Grats!
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 12:31:08 PM »
So 6 members of this forum have one?  Not bad.
My Personal Collection

Charlie

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 12:35:12 PM »
You got the best, Charlie.  It really looks cool in person.  Grats!

I was pressing F5 every 3 seconds for at least 30 minutes...  Then my fingers were shaking so bad I could hardly put in the CC #.  But I have to say the anticipation was sooo much fun.... 

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2011, 01:30:09 PM »
nice work fellas!
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2011, 01:36:06 PM »
I was pressing F5 every 3 seconds for at least 30 minutes...  Then my fingers were shaking so bad I could hardly put in the CC #.  But I have to say the anticipation was sooo much fun.... 

As ridiculous as it sounds, the wait is half the fun.  Any time I really want a poster and have to wait a week to get it, I always wonder what's the most fun... Waiting to buy the poster, waiting to receive the poster, checking the poster out, putting it on my website, or shoving it inside one of the flat files, never to be seen again.  Maybe all of the above.
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2011, 01:51:57 PM »
What is even better, let the packages pile up for about a year, then open them. Like Christmas all over again.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2011, 04:24:16 PM »
I get an average of 3 packages a day (I'm sure you do too), so I don't think it would work.  It's like Christmas ever day :)
My Personal Collection

Charlie

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
So I am looking at all the new listings on eBay and started wondering how "big" (as in bid deal) this poster is.  Has Drew ever done a signed limited print before?  What do you guys think the price of this one will be in a few years; 10? 

I told my wife that my initial intention was to help someone out on the forum that really wanted it, but then she slammed me insisting I don't just give it away for cost plus a few posters in trade (sorry guys; but happy wife, happy life).  Think I could score one of my Grace posters in trade?  I am just not up to speed on these prints...  Guess I could just store it away; the fact that Drew signed it is making me rethink even letting it go (I wasn't aware of this).  The Spoke Art print just had a number on it. 

I actually didn't even think it would be possible for me to get one with my limited knowledge on the mondo process...  Feel like a quarterback that just won a game on a Hail Mary.  Now, I just don't know how to celebrate.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2011, 05:26:48 PM »
I'd sit on it for a while, let the Ebay scavengers do their thing.  This print was limited, it is from a very famous monster movie and drawn by one of the last poster illustrators.  If you don't need the money, I'd definitely use it for trade.  That's what I do when I have double or triple of some prints.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2011, 06:30:24 PM »
There is one on ebay Buy It Now for 2g's.  Unreal.  Well done to those who grabbed one.
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Charlie

agentprovocateur

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2011, 09:29:02 AM »
Well done everyone that got one, think you've got a seminal print by one of the best poster illustrators ever! Obviously I'm not jealous at all ;D

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2011, 07:46:25 PM »
Well done everyone that got one, think you've got a seminal print by one of the best poster illustrators ever! Obviously I'm not jealous at all ;D

Actually, I think that I finally figured out why I am non-plussed by this print - the reason that I like most Alamo prints is that they are different than your standard movie poster and this print, while I'm sure it is very striking in person, is simply another standard 'Struzan Movie Poster'.  NTTAWWT

Charlie