Author Topic: Mondo - Drew Struzan 'Frankenstein' ltd ed print (Fri 30 Sep)  (Read 32546 times)

agentprovocateur

Mondo - Drew Struzan 'Frankenstein' ltd ed print (Fri 30 Sep)
« on: September 29, 2011, 02:03:47 PM »
Only me... I couldn't find anywhere that was discussing this (didn't look for hours tho!), I just got an email heads up about this being released tomorrow:

Mondo News

Tomorrow is the big day! We are finally releasing the 21 color Frankenstein poster by the legendary Drew Struzan! This poster is unreal in person and pictures cannot do it justice. D&L Screenprinting went all out to replicate Drew's original painting and Ken Taylor did a masterful job at laying in the text. Your chance to grab one of the beauties is tomorrow!

Please follow us on  Twitter for the on sale announcement. This poster will be for sale online at a random time on Friday, September 30th.

Poster by Drew Stuzan. 15"x36" screen print. Hand numbered and signed by the artist. Edition of 325. 21 colors. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $285

If there's any kind soul that doesn't want one and could help me bag one I'd have your babies ;D

I'm out at meetings all day tomorrow so will miss the drop, feel free to PM me anytime and I can PayPal all the monies across.

Long shot I know, but maybe someone can help me out!

Thanks in advance.
AP
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:40:23 PM by agentprovocateur »

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
Re: Mondo - Drew Struzan 'Frankenstein' ltd ed print (Fri 30 Sep)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 02:23:11 PM »
Everyone, please stay offline tomorrow to increase the ability of me obtaining one of these.

agentprovocateur

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 02:36:56 PM »
Good luck sir, hope you get one 8)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 03:33:40 PM »
For sure, this is going to be the fastest selling print in the history of prints, especially since they probably have less than 150 for sale.  Ebay seems a much safer arena.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Bruce

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 03:53:52 PM »
Any guesses what it will be selling for 24 hours after it is sold out?

Bruce

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 04:08:47 PM »
I don't know, but I think the smart thing to do for people who really want it and can afford it is to buy it now on Ebay.  $600 seems to be the average price before the drop and when it is still available at $285.  I think it will go higher once it is completely sold out.  325 prints is low for something like this.  If I didn't already own it, I would definitely buy it now at $600, try to get one tomorrow and if I do, sell back my $600 one for more.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 05:00:28 PM »
I would guess people will have it listed on ebay for $1,000 within 24 hours.  Badass print.
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 07:58:28 PM »
"If you need more info, you shouldn't be buying this."

Charming....

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 08:02:39 PM »
CJ, I LOVE your avatar.

So, how many people on here are going for it tomorrow?
My Personal Collection

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 08:43:48 PM »
CJ, I LOVE your avatar.

I am so annoyed.  I have had that avatar as a gif for a while and hadn't gotten around to updating it.  Maybe I'll just go back to the whacking scarecrow.

As for Frankenstruzen, I like it, but I don't love it, so I am not going to bother with it...

guest8

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 08:55:51 PM »

Im going to try .. But its hard to say with the low numbers if I will be able to snag one :(

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 08:58:08 PM »
If I'm up...and that's a big IF...and somehow a miracle occurs, I will give it a go but I have accepted that my chances are zero to none.
Ves

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 09:38:25 PM »
I think it's better than the original Frankenstein US posters and equal to the BoF posters but for that kind of money I'd rather get a full-size S2 Art Group "recreation" :

Charlie

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 09:52:37 PM »
Ok, I want to try to help you guys out.  I could care less about this poster.  I am in the office all day tomorrow; someone PM me on what I need to do and If I get one I'll let you guys fight over it for cost plus a decent trade...  So do I have to sign up on Mondo? Does the announcement only come on twitter?

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 10:53:58 PM »
If you wait for the twitter announcement, it will be gone.  You will literally have to sit with the website in front of you and refresh every 5 seconds.  Also, you will probably need to have a gift card purchased and/or a script that automates the buying process.  Even then, id say the chances still aren't great.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 11:03:53 PM »
I am gonna give it a shot.

It's gonna be a tough get though.

Charlie

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 11:13:50 PM »
If you wait for the twitter announcement, it will be gone.  You will literally have to sit with the website in front of you and refresh every 5 seconds.  Also, you will probably need to have a gift card purchased and/or a script that automates the buying process.  Even then, id say the chances still aren't great.

Really a script; I'm out.  That some serious shit...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 12:01:59 AM »
Everyone, on every single forum I've checked, is going crazy about this drop.  I thought we were in a recession.  I'm amazed that so many people are able/willing to drop $285.
My Personal Collection

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 01:04:04 AM »
Everyone, on every single forum I've checked, is going crazy about this drop.  I thought we were in a recession.  I'm amazed that so many people are able/willing to drop $285.

They are doing it for the money.  Why would being in a recession stop people from making free money?

agentprovocateur

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 04:30:31 AM »
Thanks for the offer Charlie but it looks like a 'no chance' release!

No worries it was a long shot anyway, I've got a friend at work surreptitiously keeping his eye out for the drop so he may get (very) lucky.

Will see the fallout when I get back...

AP

guest8

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 08:32:12 AM »
I have never used scripts and I pay with credit cards, paypal and gift cards and I have gotten through on all kinds of drops .. I have missed a few though as well ..

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 10:16:52 AM »
I have never used scripts and I pay with credit cards, paypal and gift cards and I have gotten through on all kinds of drops .. I have missed a few though as well ..

I concur, but seconds count.

I make sure I am logged in to Mondo's site
I try to pay with CC instead of PayPal.  The time it takes to go offsite with PayPal has killed it for me a few times.
I have never used GCs.  I don't think it makes a difference as I have heard both success and failure using Mondo GCs.
I think the most important thing is a good internet connection and . . .
Massive amounts of luck on a drop like this.

Good luck to everyone on the forums here trying!

John

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 11:19:51 AM »
I am going to vaguely try, but I am resigned to failing, so already have the mindset of "oh well, that's $280 to spend on other poster at some point" lined up.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 12:03:44 PM »
11 has passed, looks like a staggered time to f' with everybody.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 12:12:49 PM »
I'd love to know how many people are waiting right now.

And what if they don't do it for another couple of hours?  How many people moved their schedule around to be in front of their computers right now?  I have 2 friends who went to work early for the drop.

T

My Personal Collection