Author Topic: Salt (Angelina Jolie - July 23, 2010 release)  (Read 6250 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Salt (Angelina Jolie - July 23, 2010 release)
« on: January 16, 2010, 01:03:39 PM »
Liked the poster, don't know much about the movie.  

Here's the trailer.

They were filming a scene for this movie in downtown DC next to my office - naturally, huge crowds gathered to glimpse Ms. Jolie.

Really, I'd like to see her do a great movie - she's kinda "famous for being famous" and hasn't found the perfect role yet - too many mediocre action movies (Tomb Raider, etc) and A Mighty Heart was a downer.

Carson

Re: Salt (Angelina Jolie - July 23, 2010 release)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 03:57:43 PM »
Really, I'd like to see her do a great movie - she's kinda "famous for being famous" and hasn't found the perfect role yet - too many mediocre action movies (Tomb Raider, etc) and A Mighty Heart was a downer.

I'd agree she definitely enjoys a good deal of Keanu Reeves syndrome. Good looking = top billing.

Of her filmography, however, I will give it up to her on 1. Gia (HBO) and 2. Beyond all Borders.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 10:18:27 PM »
I finally saw Salt - I'd give it a solid B or maybe B+.  Jolie was pretty good as well.  Apparently, she turned down a part in the James Bond movies because she thought she should be "playing James Bond."  So yeah, she makes a pretty good "Jane Bond."

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 10:33:35 PM »

I guess that Oscar she won doesn't count, huh?
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Freefall

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 11:27:38 AM »
If you haven't seen Mr and Mrs. Smith, Mel, I suggest you do. That was an awesome movie. Girl Interrupted was a good one as well (won her an Oscar).

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 12:23:58 PM »
I liked her in HACKERS...that's when she first gave me wood...  ;D

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 09:30:06 AM »
She has done a lot of popcorn level films. Probably going to be tough to ever top her roles in Gia and Girl Interrupted. With her film choices she seems to focus on, I dont forsee another AA nomination anytime soon. Statues or millions of dollars? think I would choose the cash too and worry about recognition as available roles start to decline.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 10:38:18 AM »
Take the cash while you are young and then worry about the awards when you get old and nobody wants to pay you that much to be in the movies. Sadly age is harder on women in Hollywood than most men so they better soak up what they can while they can.

Plus Jolie even stated that the amount of money she makes is outrageous but it gives her an ability that almost no other career could do and that is use a lot of the money to help kids in Africa, which is a factor she uses when choosing roles a lot of the times. Now some people suspect is more of a PR move than anything, but I myself am not sure.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 11:15:08 AM »
Take the cash while you are young and then worry about the awards when you get old and nobody wants to pay you that much to be in the movies. Sadly age is harder on women in Hollywood than most men so they better soak up what they can while they can.

Plus Jolie even stated that the amount of money she makes is outrageous but it gives her an ability that almost no other career could do and that is use a lot of the money to help kids in Africa, which is a factor she uses when choosing roles a lot of the times. Now some people suspect is more of a PR move than anything, but I myself am not sure.

I miss the old Jolie - wearing a vial of her husband's blood, etc.  Now she and Brad are ridiculously perfect - donating milllions of dollars to charity, having a perfect well-adjusted family, not acting arrogant, etc.  We want dirty laundry!