Author Topic: July Signature Auction  (Read 28834 times)

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Re: July Signature Auction
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2011, 03:30:16 PM »
My bad, I was not attempting to call Sean's poster stupid; I've deleted the post.  My intention was to say if we are all hobbyist then the cost and losses shouldn't matter.  There I go sticking my foot in my mouth.  I should concentrate on my collection rather than interjecting on others...   hitself
My deepest apologies Sean, your a serious collector and I did not mean to diminish your outstanding purchase!

Thanks Charlie.  When i first read your post my immediate thought was "and people wonder why the Ron Borsts, Ken Schacters, and Todd Feiertag's of the world don't come on the boards more..."

My post was not an attempt at bragging on price, it's not something I ever do.  If you look through my posts on this and other boards, I don't believe i ever mention price when showing items I've purchased, or talking about what we sold at Cinevent or anything else. But since this was a public auction, the price I paid for this piece is already public knowledge, so i just thought it cool to show the screen shot showing I won.

But price really has nothing to do with how much I love certain pieces in my collection.  For several years I had the advance style Frida one-sheet hanging in the living room over my TV because I loved the poster and it can't be more than a $25 piece, and even now some of my favorite items are things that were purchased (or valued) very low. I love the movies and the posters - not the price tags.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2011, 08:29:14 PM »
The only known theatricals that I've dealt with were all DS, but it not a title that I've watched all that closely.

I was under the impression that this was the video poster, but I could see them sending out leftover theatricals as well...

Maybe it is.......I always thought that one was one of the never released pipe dreams.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

raulleaf

« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2011, 11:48:26 PM »
Sean kicked everyone's butt!  Congrats again....

Werewolf Of London Insert Poster Brings $47,800 To Lead $1.3 Million+ Auction

http://movieposters.ha.com/common/newsletter.php?inFrame=yes&id=3473&date=#collector-a

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2011, 08:07:04 PM »
  Yeah, I saw that press release, too.  I will never have that kind of disposable income to lead the Heritage auction pack.  But it must be cool to have that 5 minutes of fame.

Brian
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:09:46 AM by ATLfun »
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.