Author Topic: Moderators  (Read 10051 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Moderators
« on: January 10, 2010, 11:12:14 PM »
Before Thierry and I set up this board, we knew we would need a few moderators to help out as the board grew.  Well, it's grown, and I've finally had the time to set up the global moderators group.  Our moderators are:

Carson
Cj
Jeannie (kauaitx)
Chad (supraman079)
Schan (kovacs01)

Choosing these individuals was an effort by Thierry and I to give balance to how this board is managed.  Carson and Jeannie have a nice history of getting kicked off of boards for being intelligently outspoken.  We like that.  Cj, Chad and Schan have demonstrated balance in all the time that we have participated together in this community.  Thierry is unabashedly brash, and I am a staunch supporter of free speech.  Together, we think that gathering these traits to moderate the forum strikes a great balance that's needed to avoid the bullshit that goes on elsewhere.

There are a number of other folks that could have served as well.  They may yet be tapped as the board grows or as folks come and go.  However, we didn't want a herd of police.  We just need a few good hands to help us make sure things run smoothly.  Hopefully, we can now get to making a lot of the changes that have been suggested so far, but which have not been implemented due to lack of time on my part.  The mods have most of the abilities as Thierry and I as administrators, including the ability to install new skins, create, merge and collapse boards, and to make other changes.  Time to get to work!

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Moderators
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 05:04:56 PM »
Choosing these individuals was an effort by Thierry and I to give balance to how this board is managed.  Carson and Jeannie have a nice history of getting kicked off of boards for being intelligently outspoken.  We like that.  Cj, Chad and Schan have demonstrated balance in all the time that we have participated together in this community.  Thierry is unabashedly brash, and I am a staunch supporter of free speech.  Together, we think that gathering these traits to moderate the forum strikes a great balance that's needed to avoid the bullshit that goes on elsewhere.

There are a number of other folks that could have served as well.  They may yet be tapped as the board grows or as folks come and go.  However, we didn't want a herd of police.  We just need a few good hands to help us make sure things run smoothly.  Hopefully, we can now get to making a lot of the changes that have been suggested so far, but which have not been implemented due to lack of time on my part.  The mods have most of the abilities as Thierry and I as administrators, including the ability to install new skins, create, merge and collapse boards, and to make other changes.  Time to get to work!

WTF is that supposed to mean?  My wife keeps saying the same shit.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

kauaitx

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 05:59:50 PM »

It's a compliment.

Holiday's saying that you are an insolent, arrogant cad who will trample over sensibilities with impunity in a loving, kiss-kiss, French way.

Jeannie

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 06:42:25 PM »
It's a compliment.

Holiday's saying that you are an insolent, arrogant cad who will trample over sensibilities with impunity in a loving, kiss-kiss, French way.

Jeannie

Agreed! Just be glad your getting attention T. Smile and nod.

Chad

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 10:06:13 PM »
Agreed! Just be glad your getting attention T. Smile and nod.

Chad
Yeah, um, that's what I meant.... really....
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 07:34:05 PM »
Ladies and Gents,

Carson and Jeannie are no longer global moderators, Jeannie by choice and Carson due to circumstances. 

Thierry and I have decided that our man Brude is now a global moderator.  He's been consistent, level-headed and unbiased, though he does tend to use a fuck of a lot of graphics in his posts.  They're fun, though, so I won't hold it against him.

Cj, Schan and Chad continue as global moderators.  As a note, I recently realized that two of the three are also moderators over at MPF.  I think this is neat, and I'm hopeful that in a way, that connection helps bridge the differences we have with Andy, for the benefit of the hobby and community.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 07:47:10 PM »
I don't think this is neat at all!!!

Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message spam".

AH!!!!  Good times.

;D

Aside from that, all is good.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 08:05:53 PM »
I don't think this is neat at all!!!

Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message spam".

AH!!!!  Good times.

;D

Aside from that, all is good.

T

I love that!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 09:21:11 PM »
Jeannie didn't even say goodbye  :-[
Chris

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 10:16:46 PM »
Jeezum Crow, guys...Thanks (I think...)
Now, what does a moderator do?
 hitself

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 11:12:40 PM »
Welcome Brude. A Moderator moderates. Thats what they do.   ;)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 11:55:12 PM »
But will Brude be a moderate moderator?
Chris

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 12:07:14 AM »
Jeannie didn't even say goodbye  :-[

Jeannie's just away for awhile.  She'll be back as only she can.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 12:11:01 AM »
Jeannie's just away for awhile.  She'll be back as only she can.

Good to hear...
Chris

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 07:24:32 AM »
Welcome Brude!

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 07:34:52 AM »
Thierry and I have decided that our man Brude is now a global moderator.  He's been consistent, level-headed and unbiased...

Bias.... now there's a slippery slope...