Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2838322 times)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #3750 on: December 06, 2012, 09:09:26 PM »
Its a brave new world?    ;D

I hope this is just a Bruce blip and not a trend as I would not and cant pay that much.

I dunno if it's braver - but certainly scarier ;)
Chris

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3751 on: December 06, 2012, 09:17:18 PM »
A bigger sign won't stop them, removing your email address that is on the site will probably slow them down considerably

You may be right, but there are still people with valid questions and I don't want to bar them.  Actually, I know you're right, because I've changed the wording of my "Not for Sale" about 10 times.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #3752 on: December 06, 2012, 09:20:22 PM »
Put prices on everything, then they will leave you alone.  ;D
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Bruce

« Reply #3753 on: December 06, 2012, 09:24:33 PM »
Put prices on everything, then they will leave you alone.  ;D

Take the prices on Cinemasterpieces and then double them and post them on your site. If you sell something, you can almost surely buy it back for less.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3754 on: December 06, 2012, 09:25:54 PM »
Take the prices on Cinemasterpieces and then double them and post them on your site. If you sell something, you can almost surely buy it back for less.

Take the prices on Cinemasterpieces...

I think you can leave it at that, Bruce.  Or maybe Posteritati.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #3755 on: December 06, 2012, 09:34:30 PM »
I bought mine for $99 not all that long ago and the only issue is some writing on the back...

Guess I just joined the PPP!

If you find another, please let me know.  That was a nice score.

Brian
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #3756 on: December 06, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »
You owe me one Neoloco

;)
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #3757 on: December 06, 2012, 10:04:03 PM »
 laugh1  Funny you should say that, H, as I was just about to send you and T an email saying the same thing.  Thank you, sirs.   cheers
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 10:04:51 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #3758 on: December 06, 2012, 10:09:09 PM »
laugh1  Funny you should say that, H, as I was just about to send you and T an email saying the same thing.  Thank you, sirs.   cheers

Nice.  The main one I was after was Innocence, and I was able to get it at a very good price.  I've had it as a b2 for awhile, and I'm really happy to have it as a B1.  I was happy to let you take over that Goodfellas video. That's a particularly nice poster, so enjoy it!

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3759 on: December 06, 2012, 10:14:21 PM »

You don't owe me one.  It was a clean fight.  I did not let you win, I am not that nice.  I just stopped when it reached my mental threshold and it was too expensive for me.  Congrats.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #3760 on: December 06, 2012, 10:40:53 PM »
Right on, y'all.  I was really stoked to win these two B1s.

I was happy to let you take over that Goodfellas video. That's a particularly nice poster, so enjoy it!

Thank you, sir.  It'll probably be one of the nicest posters in my humble collection.  The Goodfellas B1 that you won, with the iconic art, is very cool.  Congrats on that one and the other wins you had tonight.

You don't owe me one.  It was a clean fight.  I did not let you win, I am not that nice.  I just stopped when it reached my mental threshold and it was too expensive for me.  Congrats.

T

Thank you, sir.  cheers
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 10:51:07 PM by NeoLoco »

guest4185

« Reply #3761 on: December 07, 2012, 01:00:33 AM »
I've got a spare Few $ More daybill, happy to sell at the discount price of $609!

Matt

« Reply #3762 on: December 07, 2012, 01:34:15 AM »
I've got a spare Few $ More daybill, happy to sell at the discount price of $609!

So have I but if prices are on the up...I think I'll hold on to it. Amazing prices as discussed, yet who ever got the "Earth Vs" gets the bargain award. The Marilyn was a reasonable price too.

I just don't fully understand why daybill prices are on the rise in the last 12 months???
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 02:00:44 AM by Matt »

Matt

« Reply #3763 on: December 07, 2012, 01:48:11 AM »
The newest member of the PPP says the "Good, The Bad & The Ugly" daybill has never sold (to my knowledge) anywhere near that price and it's MUCH, MUCH rarer...

Greg Eggbeater sold one one his website a couple of years ago for around the $550 mark, if I remember rightly.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3764 on: December 07, 2012, 09:34:17 AM »
Greg Eggbeater sold one one his website a couple of years ago for around the $550 mark, if I remember rightly.

EGBERT SALES DON'T COUNT AS REAL SALES IN MY WORLD
Chris

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3765 on: December 07, 2012, 09:36:32 AM »
So have I but if prices are on the up...I think I'll hold on to it. Amazing prices as discussed, yet who ever got the "Earth Vs" gets the bargain award. The Marilyn was a reasonable price too.

I just don't fully understand why daybill prices are on the rise in the last 12 months???

You are right about the Earth vs the Flying Saucers Matt - good spot!

And this daybill upswing is very troubling!  Luckily for me it seems to mostly be the sci-fi/monster/horror/creepy Eastwood stalker genres though ;)
Chris

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #3766 on: December 07, 2012, 03:22:59 PM »
I see Anonymouse has returned with someone else behind the cape.

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #3767 on: December 07, 2012, 04:57:10 PM »

Apparently, the mouse did not strike fear into bidders.  The mouse paid top dollar last night.

Brian
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:37:59 PM by ATLfun »
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #3768 on: December 08, 2012, 01:17:02 AM »

Well, I was the original anonymouse, so the rest are just imitating!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

FightClub12

« Reply #3769 on: December 08, 2012, 01:23:49 AM »
Its a brave new world?    ;D

I hope this is just a Bruce blip and not a trend as I would not and cant pay that much.

As the seasoned vet that I am, I think this is a seasonal blip. Mid late January, prices should level out a bit. That being said, if I could buy stock in EmP, I would. I don't see prices going anywhere but up in the coming years.. <OO

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #3770 on: December 08, 2012, 02:58:26 AM »
You may be right, but there are still people with valid questions and I don't want to bar them.  Actually, I know you're right, because I've changed the wording of my "Not for Sale" about 10 times.

T

Your Not For Sale sign is on the home page. People probably wouldnt pay attention to your message at that point, if they see it, instead likely quickly clicking a gallery link in the menu instead.

You are better off writing Not For Sale against every poster, but if that is too hard, instead of making the Contact Us in the left nav menu a mailto link, instead link it to a newly created Contact Us page on it stating clearly the posters are not for sale with the mailto link there instead. That way the user will clearly see it is not for sale before emailing you, where currently they likely never see or remember such a message.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 03:10:17 AM by 50s »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3771 on: December 08, 2012, 03:24:34 AM »
This is actually a pretty good idea.  Thanks!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #3772 on: December 08, 2012, 01:53:16 PM »

Your Not For Sale sign is on the home page. People probably wouldnt pay attention to your message at that point, if they see it, instead likely quickly clicking a gallery link in the menu instead.

You are better off writing Not For Sale against every poster, but if that is too hard, instead of making the Contact Us in the left nav menu a mailto link, instead link it to a newly created Contact Us page on it stating clearly the posters are not for sale with the mailto link there instead. That way the user will clearly see it is not for sale before emailing you, where currently they likely never see or remember such a message.

Dollars to doughnuts people will still email to 'check'...
David

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3773 on: December 08, 2012, 03:52:26 PM »
There's really no 100% way around it other then to close down your site
Chris

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #3774 on: December 08, 2012, 03:57:42 PM »
There's really no 100% way around it other then to close down your site

laugh1