Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2837694 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #3200 on: August 06, 2012, 11:06:56 AM »

Ari's got balls of steel. His X-Rays proved it. 

Now Sydney will suffer like never before...

Charlie

« Reply #3201 on: August 06, 2012, 09:44:02 PM »
Speaking of Mad Max... I totally didn't see this coming at $307...  And I thought $200 would get it done...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290752234768?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649#ht_500wt_1182

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #3202 on: August 07, 2012, 03:25:42 AM »
Yes, usually a £100-150 poster.... some recession we're in.
It's more than a Hobby...

ozcinemagic

ozcinemagic

« Reply #3205 on: August 07, 2012, 09:19:30 PM »
Can afford some jam on my bread this week. Maybe even a cigar ...

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #3206 on: August 07, 2012, 11:19:50 PM »
Can afford some jam on my bread this week. Maybe even a cigar ...

Yup, well done... cool1
David

Steven11788

« Reply #3207 on: August 08, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »
just think if Bruce took chickens, fishing rods or blu rays, i would be rolling at at this auction, oh dear and the mini/major hasn't even came up yet... maybe if i can sell some plasma or semen, actually if they latter was true I'd have a bone disease in my wrist... bed1 oh boys......... :-\

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #3208 on: August 08, 2012, 10:12:08 PM »
just think if Bruce took chickens, fishing rods or blu rays, i would be rolling at at this auction, oh dear and the mini/major hasn't even came up yet... maybe if i can sell some plasma or semen, actually if they latter was true I'd have a bone disease in my wrist... bed1 oh boys......... :-\

didn't yuo ever hear of a fluffer??

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Charlie

« Reply #3209 on: August 08, 2012, 10:13:55 PM »
didn't yuo ever hear of a fluffer??

Going to get him ready for the mini-major with some moderns?

Steven11788

« Reply #3210 on: August 08, 2012, 10:16:06 PM »
Going to get him ready for the mini-major with some moderns?

a fluffer, i believe i know, but i will stay away from the edge of the limb on that one 8)

Steven11788

« Reply #3211 on: August 11, 2012, 09:13:00 AM »
didn't wanna make a thread for this, but i watched a hollywood treasure episode on the net last night, were Joe was walking around a a comic convention and these guys had a bunch of posters, like breakfeast at Tiffany's and the Birds window cards and stuff. He talks to em and they take em out to their van. They have a van load of posters since there folks owned a theater.. anway they got like 40 grand... fun fun show

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #3212 on: August 11, 2012, 04:03:43 PM »
didn't wanna make a thread for this, but i watched a hollywood treasure episode on the net last night, were Joe was walking around a a comic convention and these guys had a bunch of posters, like breakfeast at Tiffany's and the Birds window cards and stuff. He talks to em and they take em out to their van. They have a van load of posters since there folks owned a theater.. anway they got like 40 grand... fun fun show

Link please.  :)
David

Steven11788

« Reply #3213 on: August 11, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »
Idk about link, was searching posters on yahoo

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3214 on: August 14, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »
B1s still popular, wanted the Grenoble but it just got too rich for me....

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:30:00 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #3215 on: August 14, 2012, 09:35:43 PM »
B1s still popular, wanted the Grenoble but it just got too rich for me....

Seems so. I bid what I thought was heavy on a couple and I was almost glad I lost. Aside from blowing the blue collar budget, Id have to buy a B1 frame  :P

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #3216 on: August 14, 2012, 11:48:12 PM »
Of them all, I had to get Akira. I'm not a condition nut, but my copy needed to be upgraded.  I love the Nippon, and I'm glad I already have one. Same goes for the James Bond (you too!).  The alien went for too much given its condition.  The Grenoble was well-priced in the end.  If I was not running for Akira, I would have gone after Monoke - that's a wonderful poster.  Totoro was actually a bit underpriced.

Yes, there's a new class of bidders after the Japanese material, to be sure.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3217 on: August 15, 2012, 12:52:34 AM »
I cannot believe Kill Bill 2 B1 went for so little money.  If I wasn't stuck on a plane, I would have gone for another copy.  Ridiculous.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #3218 on: August 15, 2012, 01:01:33 AM »
Of them all, I had to get Akira. I'm not a condition nut, but my copy needed to be upgraded.  I love the Nippon, and I'm glad I already have one. Same goes for the James Bond (you too!).  The alien went for too much given its condition.  The Grenoble was well-priced in the end.  If I was not running for Akira, I would have gone after Monoke - that's a wonderful poster.  Totoro was actually a bit underpriced.

Yes, there's a new class of bidders after the Japanese material, to be sure.

sm1

Very nice. Akira was an awesome movie.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3219 on: August 15, 2012, 06:15:08 AM »
I'm also surprised that Kill Bill 2 B1 went so cheap, quite a bargain I think. The Azumi B1 was a relatively nice price too IMO, I love that poster.

Congrats on the Akira B1, Holiday! It's great.

Bruce

« Reply #3220 on: August 15, 2012, 06:22:58 AM »
I'm also surprised that Kill Bill 2 B1 went so cheap, quite a bargain I think. The Azumi B1 was a relatively nice price too IMO, I love that poster.

Congrats on the Akira B1, Holiday! It's great.

Even when some posters go high, there are always some great deals on good posters at eMoviePoster.com! It is usually those who are very dedicated and look over ALL the items very carefully, searching for those that "fall between the cracks" that get rewarded.

Steven11788

« Reply #3221 on: August 15, 2012, 02:38:51 PM »
i cried.. i missed my vs mothra and final wars... welp put them on my watch and pray..

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3222 on: August 15, 2012, 03:42:57 PM »
I still haven't seen Akira.  I had so many $1,000s offers for my 2 Stouts I feel I should give it a try.  I even own the blu-ray (a friend of mine gave it to me a year ago and asked me to watch it immediately).  Not a big fan of anime, though.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #3223 on: August 15, 2012, 03:46:51 PM »
i cried.. i missed my vs mothra and final wars... welp put them on my watch and pray..

vs. Mothra was a good buy for the purchaser. You don't see the 1989-1993 Ohrai B1s come up in very nice shape often.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3224 on: August 15, 2012, 04:29:19 PM »
That's true the B1's seem to be pretty beat up...

What about that Turkish Jaws poster?  I always thought it under performed for its unique design...
For $183..that's more than double for what it usually sells..

Quick Story....

When I was backpacking through turkey, morocco etc...in 2006..I ran across a little hole in the wall poster shop in Istanbul..a short walk from Sultanahmet (hagia sophia, blue mosque location)
I bought several folded copies of this Turkish Jaws poster and a bunch of Bruce Lee posters for $5 bucks a pop..there were stacks and stacks of turkish crap so finally gave up after 3 hours ....I foolishly skipped a bunch of later bond posters too... :'(
I backpacked with them for the next 2 months through north africa and now they are in my closet...I was always a little curious to see these posters under perform time and again...

There is reason to hope
Tait