Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2837180 times)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #2475 on: April 09, 2012, 11:57:57 AM »
thats why we started FIGHT CLUB, get it off your chest. Soon as we had fight club all the real fights seemed to go away.

But Ari, we can't have a Fight Club if you keep talking about the "Fight Club"  ;)
Chris

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #2476 on: April 09, 2012, 12:05:51 PM »
But Ari, we can't have a Fight Club if you keep talking about the "Fight Club"  ;)

Ari must be thinking in a one-man club

Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #2477 on: April 09, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »
Bah we aren't like that poxy movie, its the REAL fight club, and we like to talk it up, 'cos nobody can push (rita and shelly) around ;)
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #2478 on: April 09, 2012, 12:58:42 PM »

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #2479 on: April 09, 2012, 01:00:29 PM »
 laugh1
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #2480 on: April 09, 2012, 01:15:43 PM »
Festivus for the rest of us  moron1

Charlie

« Reply #2481 on: April 09, 2012, 01:36:29 PM »
Specifically see the second paragraph regarding the 'stone lithography' thing. I thought Jeff apologized for not properly referencing that?  And, maybe it's just me, but I didn't think he was trying to be deceptive in the first place. Someone asked about the process and Jeff posted that blurb from LAMP to explain it. He should have cited them, yes, but I never got the impression he was trying to take credit for the info. 

If that is *not* what this is about, then please add me to the confused list.  Hopefully either Mel or Rich can explain.

APF the game?  What are the rules? What do I win if I know the most stuff by paraphrasing LAMP w/o credit vs. quoting w/o credit?  Isn't this suppose to be a forum for the sharing of information, not hoarding it?  I can understand the credit issue, but how many points do you get for calling out another member?   

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #2482 on: April 09, 2012, 01:45:46 PM »
Festivus for the rest of us  moron1

And just because it is on LAMP, it doesn't mean you got it from there, or that they were the definitive source.  Lots of info all over the place, and a lot of tribal knowlege right here.  Heck, lots of the info on LAMP came from us.

Different story if you are linking images directly.
-Jay-

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #2483 on: April 09, 2012, 01:53:51 PM »
APF the game?  What are the rules?  

laugh1

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #2484 on: April 09, 2012, 02:10:24 PM »
The only thing I can think of is that Mel and Rich are still worked up over this: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,4069.msg69915.html#msg69915

Specifically see the second paragraph regarding the 'stone lithography' thing. I thought Jeff apologized for not properly referencing that?  And, maybe it's just me, but I didn't think he was trying to be deceptive in the first place. Someone asked about the process and Jeff posted that blurb from LAMP to explain it. He should have cited them, yes, but I never got the impression he was trying to take credit for the info. 

If that is *not* what this is about, then please add me to the confused list.  Hopefully either Mel or Rich can explain.

If that is the case, then...  eyeroll eyeroll eyeroll eyeroll

There is nothing more to say. All that has been said is sufficient. Those who "need to know" all the details know them. Now move along people....

If you are not going to discuss it, then don't bring it up in the first place...

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #2485 on: April 09, 2012, 02:10:46 PM »
There are rules to APF the game, but they aren't public.  You'll only know you broke them when:

• Eatbrie gets his panties in a bunch (a la the Thierry hates "French Grande" debacle) -- it doesn't happen often, but its pretty fun to watch.
  • Rich starts accosting you with multiple 1+ page posts explaining how you are an idiot and wrong.
  • Brude follows up on Richs verbal tirade with a severe bombardment of animated gifs.
  • Then Zorba and CSM blame everything on Cinemasterpieces.
  • Pretty soon, Ari starts getting in the offenders face asking them to take it outside (to NSFGE).
  • Don't worry though, Holiday and Mel are always on guard to make sure the punishment is all legal (it's not torture, it's enhanced interrogation...).
  • And if anyone actually states the rules publicly, I'm there to give them the final beat down for 'outting' them.

Who did I miss?  

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #2486 on: April 09, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »
So this is you right now?

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #2487 on: April 09, 2012, 02:12:47 PM »

Who did I miss?  

Harry aka Matt.  ;) ;D

Edit: never mind you did get you.  thumbup
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:17:31 PM by Zorba »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2488 on: April 09, 2012, 02:12:56 PM »
There are rules to APF the game, but they aren't public.  You'll only know you broke them when:

• Eatbrie gets his panties in a bunch (a la the Thierry hates "Thierry hates "French Grande"" debacle) -- it doesn't happen often, but its pretty fun to watch.
  • Rich starts accosting you with multiple 1+ page posts explaining how you are an idiot and wrong.
  • Brude follows up on Richs verbal tirade with a severe bombardment of animated gifs.
  • Pretty soon, Ari starts getting in the offenders face asking them to take it outside (to NSFGE).
  • Don't worry though, Holiday and Mel are always on guard to make sure the punishment is all legal (it's not torture, it's enhanced interrogation...).
  • And if anyone actually states the rules publicly, I'm there to give them the final beat down for 'outting' them.

Who did I miss?  

Matt - you forgot the last rule - "Matt comes in and summarizes everything in super small legal disclaimer print" ;)
Chris

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #2489 on: April 09, 2012, 02:17:05 PM »

• Eatbrie gets his panties in a bunch (a la the Thierry hates "Thierry hates "Thierry hates "French Grande""" debacle) -- it doesn't happen often, but its pretty fun to watch.

Who did I miss?

You forgot to add "Archie comes in and references an old MPT thread with unverifiable information and tells you to get off his lawn, dagnabit!"
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:17:29 PM by archie leach »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2490 on: April 09, 2012, 03:57:20 PM »

You forgot to add "Archie comes in and references an old MPT thread with unverifiable information and tells you to get off his lawn, dagnabit!"

That's usually the safest fallback position ;)
Chris

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #2491 on: April 09, 2012, 04:05:56 PM »
There is nothing more to say. All that has been said is sufficient. Those who "need to know" all the details know them. Now move along people....
A touch arrogant and at the same time condescending..nice,,As I am just a meagre member of the don`t need to know club,I`ll just stand back and wait with baited breath at your next random accusation..

Stew

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #2492 on: April 09, 2012, 04:21:58 PM »
Mel's accusation is accurate
About what Rich??

Stew

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #2493 on: April 09, 2012, 04:32:58 PM »
The plot is familiar and it started slow but it picked up when the rest of the cast joined in... pcorn
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:34:46 PM by Silhouette »
David

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #2494 on: April 09, 2012, 05:02:17 PM »
100 quatloos on the newcomers.
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2495 on: April 09, 2012, 07:20:49 PM »
So hollinson2006 caved on the Godzilla deal.  Should I cut him a break?

To: hollinson2006
Subject: alphamel1968 has sent a message
Sent Date: 08-Apr-12 18:45:45 BST

Dear hollinson2006,

Godzilla: You sold a well-known reprint. See this authentication:

http://www.posternirvana.com/moviepostercollectors/MPC_Authentication_Godzilla.html

Please cancel the auction and refund the buyer. Otherwise, I will contact Ebay and report you as well as the winning bidder (when s/he leaves feedback) and let him/her know that you ripped him/her off.

-   alphamel1968

To: alphamel1968
Subject: Re: alphamel1968 has sent a message
Sent Date: Apr-08-12 23:27:22 PDT

Dear alphamel1968,

and you are ?

- hollinson2006

To: alphamel1968
Subject: Re: alphamel1968 has sent a message
Sent Date: Apr-09-12 01:33:17 PDT

Dear alphamel1968,

Hi If you had read the listing you will see for yourself that no where states original or authentic it also does not say a re-pro or re-print I am no expert in posters I have no intention on ripping people off (look at my ebay feedback). Further more I don’t like or expect to be bullied by someone like you to whom I have had no contact with before.

In the interest of keeping my good name I have not carried on with the transaction, therefore if you have anything to do with :-http://www.posternirvana.com/moviepostercollectors/MPC_Authentication_Godzilla.html I would kindly ask you to inform them of this message and remove my personal details on this link, I have no grievance in the link to giving out the correct info (without my personal details) I just only wished that I had that info available to myself.

- hollinson2006
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:23:33 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #2496 on: April 09, 2012, 07:34:40 PM »

So hollinson2006 caved on the Godzilla deal.  Should I cut him a break?

Guess the question would have to be whether this is a one off episode or not. If not, your path is clear.
David

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2497 on: April 09, 2012, 08:38:07 PM »
So as soon as he found out his details were linked with the "incorrectly stated" auction he changed his tune real quick...
Chris

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #2498 on: April 09, 2012, 11:28:48 PM »
So as soon as he found out his details were linked with the "incorrectly stated" auction he changed his tune real quick...

This is exactly what happens with my nameandshameyou site, although they refund immediately with just the thought they will be put onto the site. It is a great tool. Get of a bit of a website happening that you can then use as leverage against sh!t sellers.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #2499 on: April 10, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:21:06 PM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »