Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2837809 times)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #1550 on: October 27, 2011, 11:02:01 PM »
Daybills are fugly...STAY AWAY I say.

Only good for lining bird cages and wrapping old fish right Ves?
Chris

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1551 on: October 27, 2011, 11:02:52 PM »
Well Ves, you can mark one competitor off your list. I am pretty much done with the Daybills (unless someone finds a Black Swan). Do they still make daybills for modern movies?

After trying to hang a few, they were all awkward to me.  They even come in different sizes; whatz up with that?

They take a special understanding which few of us can muster ;)
Chris

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1552 on: October 27, 2011, 11:30:44 PM »

I think " eef " might be available.        laugh1

Brian

Wow, it's the feedback, right?  That's the problem on Rich's site.  If I change the name, all you have to do is look at the feedback to see what was bought, and if you have a line on even one poster, that common thread fucks it all up. On Bruce's site, I'm as anonymouse, I mean, anonymous, as I want to be ;-)

Btw, eef is what my young son calls his stuffed animal.  He started as Puppy, then he became beef because he likes to eat beef, then it was eef - a high-pitched, ear splitting sound that Puppy seems to like to make.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1553 on: October 27, 2011, 11:32:07 PM »
I think "deep_pockets" would be a good one...  Or "bighands"...  But what's with the french posters?  I thought you were strictly Japanese posters... 

Rarely French posters, but there are some that get my attention, as with any area.  I think the only thing I never buy (and there are one or two excepts there too) are Belgian, Yugoslavian  and halfsheets.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1554 on: October 27, 2011, 11:33:35 PM »
Japanese stuff is a little bloated right now,

Ain't that the truth!
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

linder1

« Reply #1555 on: October 27, 2011, 11:43:16 PM »
Charlie's Angels is just one example of people's stupidity (IMO, of course).  But there were many more of that tonight.  I blame Holiday for it.

As far as Cell goes, I cannot comprehend why people would want anything with Lopez on it.  She is so repulsive.  I blame Holiday again.

T

I wanted the set of 5 and I didn't want to spend time finding the last piece.  On average the set was ~$40/piece.  Time is at a premium these days and I was eyeballing those (in Holiday's collection?  Can't remember) for a long time.  There's the calculus folks.  That doesn't even figure in the ridiculous $/yen exchange rate, which is probably only going to get worse.

And I re-bought La Chinoise, one that I really regretted selling a while back, and at a good price too as far as I'm concerned.

I think anyone who buys a piece of paper for more than $5 has a special kind of stupidity, and by definition anyone on this board has it.  In moderation it's A-OK.

-E

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #1556 on: October 27, 2011, 11:57:43 PM »
Wow, it's the feedback, right?  That's the problem on Rich's site.  If I change the name, all you have to do is look at the feedback to see what was bought, and if you have a line on even one poster, that common thread fucks it all up. On Bruce's site, I'm as anonymouse, I mean, anonymous, as I want to be ;-)

Btw, eef is what my young son calls his stuffed animal.  He started as Puppy, then he became beef because he likes to eat beef, then it was eef - a high-pitched, ear splitting sound that Puppy seems to like to make.

Look at the bright side, at least tonight's conversation was not so predictable so as to be scripted.   ;D

Brian
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #1557 on: October 27, 2011, 11:58:00 PM »

it's something we'll be adjusting when we get a new site. you may be able to turn on/off your feedback comments.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

guest8

« Reply #1558 on: October 28, 2011, 03:50:54 AM »
I really hope you're joking, Dave.  For your sake.
I was .. But .. thats only because Ive not seen the posters that were up for auction. :P

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1559 on: October 28, 2011, 04:11:28 PM »
Nice to hear from you Erich.  I think I have the La Chinoise to which you reer, and yes, I do have the set of six Charlie's Angels, notwithstanding Thierry's disdain for them.

I wanted the set of 5 and I didn't want to spend time finding the last piece.  On average the set was ~$40/piece.  Time is at a premium these days and I was eyeballing those (in Holiday's collection?  Can't remember) for a long time.  There's the calculus folks.  That doesn't even figure in the ridiculous $/yen exchange rate, which is probably only going to get worse.

And I re-bought La Chinoise, one that I really regretted selling a while back, and at a good price too as far as I'm concerned.

I think anyone who buys a piece of paper for more than $5 has a special kind of stupidity, and by definition anyone on this board has it.  In moderation it's A-OK.

-E
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1560 on: October 28, 2011, 05:01:40 PM »
while I do think the Japanese Chinoise poster is a wonderful modern art image, I have the original US 1sh, which is a real sweet looking poster.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1561 on: October 28, 2011, 05:07:03 PM »

-E

So you're "Bidder"! That was a bad movie but those were fun posters. The best one - surfing Diaz - was missing.  I did bid up to $125 on "bull riding Diaz" but gave up when it was obvious "Bidder" was going to get them all regardless of cost.

Oh well. I've got a date with a 6'1" redhead so I only cried a little bit.

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1562 on: October 28, 2011, 05:11:16 PM »
That was a bad movie but those were fun posters.

I actually re-watched the DVDs on Charlies Angels #1+2 last week.
I remember when I first saw them, how I thought they were pathetic movies.
This time however I found myself being pleasantly entertained, so they now fall into the category of "re-appraise later on"

of course, we all like some cheesecake, even though Thierry hates Cameron

I wonder if, like Thierry hates "French Grande", if Thierry is going to filter Cameron Diaz to same?

-------

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1563 on: October 28, 2011, 05:15:11 PM »
I'm as anonymouse, I mean, anonymous, as I want to be ;-)

Ummm I can't believe you fessed up! Long live Anonymouse!

Charlie

« Reply #1564 on: October 28, 2011, 06:48:23 PM »
Ummm I can't believe you fessed up! Long live Anonymouse!

Wha?  So, I actually took one away from the great Holiday? I never thought it possible. Long live Mousekiller! However, I think that is the most I ever paid for a Stargate (to-date)...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:51:08 PM by Charlie »

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1565 on: October 28, 2011, 06:52:09 PM »
Mel, be careful!  I'm married to crazy-assed 5'2" redhead, and I'm terrorized by a 3'10" redheaded child.  A 6'1" one will definitely kick your ass if you piss her off! 
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1566 on: October 28, 2011, 07:27:46 PM »
of course, we all like some cheesecake, even though Thierry hates Cameron

I am, and have been for the longest time, physically repulsed by 3 women: Sarah Jessica Parker, Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Lopez.  I cannot watch a movie with them, I stopped watching American Idol last year, it hurts my stomach to look at them.  Two of them are just butt ugly, and the third one is just the biggest bitch on this face of the Earth.  My neurosis put aside, I am a very loving and accepting individual  puke2.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #1567 on: October 28, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »
I am, and have been for the longest time, physically repulsed by 3 women: Sarah Jessica Parker, Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Lopez. 

Agree on all three counts. I did put the "o" in the word. 8)

BUT.

I still like that Cell poster  :P ;D

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1568 on: October 28, 2011, 10:06:04 PM »
Mel, be careful!  I'm married to crazy-assed 5'2" redhead, and I'm terrorized by a 3'10" redheaded child.  A 6'1" one will definitely kick your ass if you piss her off! 

I figure if dweeb dude can get one, why can't I?

Charlie

« Reply #1569 on: October 28, 2011, 10:19:25 PM »
I figure if dweeb dude can get one, why can't I?

Is yours that good looking?

What kind of height difference are we talking here.  Your what 5' ?"...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1570 on: October 28, 2011, 10:58:00 PM »
I am, and have been for the longest time, physically repulsed by 3 women: Sarah Jessica Parker, Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Lopez.  I cannot watch a movie with them,

T

Something we agree on!
Chris

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1571 on: October 28, 2011, 10:58:25 PM »
if she's 5'2" then Dennis Kucinich is 4'10"

-------

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1572 on: October 29, 2011, 03:40:28 PM »
This sold for a really good price, yesterday.  Not in perfect condition, but rare enough to call it a steal.  I think the main problem with Dan's auction (or whatever is real name is) is the shipping price.  $25 is absolutely ridiculous, and I don't care if he ships 20 for the same price, $25 is absurd for one poster.  I really believe he's hurting his sales.  I know I don't buy for this reason.  Not because I can't afford it, more because I feel taken advantage of.  I bought one poster a few months ago and had it sent to Dale with other posters Dale bought, so I wouldn't pay shipping.  Dan is a good guy, and certainly passionate about the hobby, but his shipping is a killer.

T
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 03:41:31 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1573 on: October 29, 2011, 03:47:35 PM »
 Dan is a good guy, and certainly passionate about the hobby, but his shipping is a killer.

I agree with this

Dan is a good guy and his authentications way back when were an important tool for the hobby.
I wish he had left the site up

and yes, the $25 definitely hurts him and his results. The ET is a good example o fthat, but I should mention that that poster overall does seem to have crapped out some in the last couple years

-------

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1574 on: October 29, 2011, 03:53:41 PM »
Well, I've seen it folded go for $500.  So I'd assume a rolled version would go higher than that, not less.  I know of at least 3 collectors, 4 with me, who don't look at his auctions because of the shipping fees.

T
My Personal Collection