Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2837977 times)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #1475 on: October 02, 2011, 11:50:50 PM »
The jets are pretty phallic  :o
Chris

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1476 on: October 03, 2011, 06:54:20 AM »
Yeah seriously, no volleyball scene no sale!  ;D

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #1477 on: October 03, 2011, 07:49:14 PM »
I think that they should just put this poster back in the closet...

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #1478 on: October 03, 2011, 11:30:23 PM »
Any of y’all who think Top Gun is anything other than an 80's movie about flying fighter jets GET YER HEAD OUTTA THE GUTTER!  
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:43:16 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #1479 on: October 04, 2011, 07:46:19 AM »
Any of y’all who think Top Gun is anything other than an 80's movie about flying fighter jets GET YER HEAD OUTTA THE GUTTER!  

HAHAHAHAHA!  Didn't this controversy REAR it's ugly head a few months ago and now here it is again sneaking in the BACK DOOR??

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #1480 on: October 04, 2011, 08:21:50 AM »
Yes, Louie D., the puns are (apparently) endless.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 08:44:18 AM by NeoLoco »

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1482 on: October 18, 2011, 09:34:23 PM »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #1485 on: October 18, 2011, 11:35:16 PM »
That's more than I paid for the 30x40.

Bloody Rare was one of the first to copy Dave L's initial strategy of loading up on soon to be more in demand stock (80's flicks) from poorly promoted eBay listings and then flipping them through a higher profile avenue, with better marketing and branding. 

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #1486 on: October 19, 2011, 08:16:54 PM »

That's more than I paid for the 30x40.

It's more than 3 times what I paid for my 30x40, and it's not in perfect condition, but close enough to "investment quality" for me.  For some gear, it's here today and may not be seen again for a long time again, if ever, so that probably works out well for sellers.

Bloody Rare was one of the first to copy Dave L's initial strategy of loading up on soon to be more in demand stock (80's flicks) from poorly promoted eBay listings and then flipping them through a higher profile avenue, with better marketing and branding. 

Well, it looks like they have phase 2 figured out.  rofl1

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1487 on: October 19, 2011, 09:57:40 PM »
It's more than 3 times what I paid for my 30x40, and it's not in perfect condition, but close enough to "investment quality" for me.  For some gear, it's here today and may not be seen again for a long time again, if ever, so that probably works out well for sellers.

That's great Neo!  What is it from?
Chris

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #1488 on: October 19, 2011, 10:34:38 PM »
South Park.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Chris

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #1490 on: October 20, 2011, 03:21:22 AM »

I didn't even have to scroll down to see the image to know what you meant.  Along with 'Naggers', it's one of the best things South Park has done.

Dave L. should use that pic as his avatar...

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #1491 on: October 20, 2011, 11:54:28 AM »
Bruce and Rich both auctioned Zombie 1 sheets this week.  Both were in fine condition.  Bruce's auction closed at $144 and Rich's at $108.  That's a 50% premium for Bruce.  It might have been even greater if the emovie one hadn't closed so high the day before as the movieposterbid one sat at $60 until the very end.

Also saw several items on both sites that went low this week.  I guess everyone is waiting for the halloween blowout.
-Jay-

Bruce

« Reply #1492 on: October 20, 2011, 01:45:45 PM »
I am just putting the finishing touches on the 2,100 items in the Halloween blowout, and I assure you they are well worth waiting for, and are sure to blow your mind!

Bruce

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #1493 on: October 20, 2011, 02:38:04 PM »
Bruce and Rich both auctioned Zombie 1 sheets this week.  Both were in fine condition.  Bruce's auction closed at $144 and Rich's at $108.  That's a 50% premium for Bruce.  It might have been even greater if the emovie one hadn't closed so high the day before as the movieposterbid one sat at $60 until the very end.Also saw several items on both sites that went low this week.  I guess everyone is waiting for the halloween blowout.

actually it is exactly a 33% higher price for the one Bruce sold, but there could be several reasons, one being that because Anna is only working 4 days a week since her son went back to school that I haven't had time to do promotion because I'm working too many hours covering the slack (on top of already working too many hours) and honestly - I'm beat. However, which one of us (Bruce, his consignor or myself) made more money on the $144 or $108?. the answer: I did. So I can sell for 25% less than Bruce and make more money on the prospective sale. A plus for me, and of course, a big plus for bidders

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1494 on: October 20, 2011, 02:40:24 PM »
oh.. the math.. $108 x 33.3% = $36
$108 + $36 = $144

also, $144 x 25% = $36
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:41:06 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1495 on: October 20, 2011, 02:42:59 PM »
the Underpants Gnomes.. they steal underpants from Screech and others.. sometimes even while you're still wearing them, so keep them clean

South Park either season 1 or season 2

-------

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #1496 on: October 20, 2011, 02:54:52 PM »
oh.. the math.. $108 x 33.3% = $36
$108 + $36 = $144

also, $144 x 25% = $36

:-[ (Uh, I'm doing long hours too)

108/144 = .75, so naturally the inverse is 1.5....  not!
-Jay-

Bruce

« Reply #1497 on: October 20, 2011, 03:20:42 PM »
I am confused. If the person who consigned to me had instead consigned it to Rich (with his lower commission schedule) would he have more or less money in his pocket?

Bruce

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #1498 on: October 20, 2011, 03:33:56 PM »
I am confused. If the person who consigned to me had instead consigned it to Rich (with his lower commission schedule) would he have more or less money in his pocket?

Bruce

That's a tough question, I wonder if Rich had consigned it to himself if he would have made more than $108?
I'm just happy to see you selling some posters for more than $20 so you can stop losing money.
Had nightmares for a little while that you weren't even going to make it to the Halloween auction.
 :)
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1499 on: October 20, 2011, 03:49:34 PM »
Bruce, if the item was consigned to me, the seller would get $77 from me at a $108 sale
similarly, on your $144 sale, the seller would get $103.
the bigger difference however might be the time frame it would be sold. I have listed consigned items literally the day they have been received in the mail in some cases and we know it could take quite some time before you would get the poster out for sale and that time can be considerable, especially to someone trying to raise cash right now. So there are benefits on both sides of that equation. $77 now, or $103 in a period from a few months to "who knows when" (not ragging on you Bruce. just stating the facts)

However, seeing as I owned the poster and it sold for $108, I got $5 more than I would have gotten from you (had I consigned you the poster) and I have the $$ now, not later. All things being equal (like saying the consignor to you and myself were equally invested) for me, I am in the + (PS: I only had the poster for 1 week prior to listing it, so in this case my consignor (myself) got to market super-fast and got his cash faster.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 03:50:26 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

-------