Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2837469 times)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #1100 on: May 09, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
Give us your e-mail (either here or to phillip@emovieposter.com) and we will delete you. Believe me, we want to e-mail you even less than you want us to e-mail you.

We only ban people for bidding and not paying, or for being rude and offensive.

Bruce

no bruce, i like emovie. thats my problem.

Bruce

« Reply #1101 on: May 09, 2011, 10:58:34 AM »
I just looked up your account, and you signed up two years ago, and you logged in that day, and never since. We block accounts that have been inactive for over one year. Obviously, you have no interest in our items, so it is no loss to you or us.

I will get you removed from the club, so you won't get those e-mails again.

Bruce

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1102 on: May 09, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »
I just looked up your account, and you signed up two years ago, and you logged in that day, and never since. We block accounts that have been inactive for over one year. Obviously, you have no interest in our items, so it is no loss to you or us.

I will get you removed from the club, so you won't get those e-mails again.

Bruce

if you wanna be a baby about it..

Bruce

« Reply #1103 on: May 09, 2011, 11:39:07 AM »
I don't understand. First you complain about receiving them, and now you are mad I am stopping them?

You can't be upset about being blocked, because you never visited the site in two years.

Bruce

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #1104 on: May 09, 2011, 11:41:13 AM »
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1105 on: May 09, 2011, 11:46:52 AM »
I don't understand. First you complain about receiving them, and now you are mad I am stopping them?

You can't be upset about being blocked, because you never visited the site in two years.

Bruce

bruce.

i visit the site every time a new auction goes live, i just dont log in unless i want something, and its 2 years because i havent been able to bid for over 1 year.. iv tryed to re-register but got an email saying i cant i have to email admin, i emailed admin and didnt hear anything back.. im not complaining, i just dont see why you HAVE to log in & HAVE to bid To hold an account.. does it save emovieposter money if they have less accounts?? if it does thats fair enough..  also we did have this conversation a while back 11/2 this was the day i tryed to re-register my account and emailed the phillip email address you gave me..
i still have all the emails on file..

Bruce

« Reply #1106 on: May 09, 2011, 02:33:51 PM »
OK. We'll get you re-activated and add you back to the club. Is that what you want? If you NEVER log in or bid over the next year (100,000 items or so), then you will have to re-confirm your interest via e-mail to stay active.

It doesn't save us money, but these dormant accounts are the ones most likely to be hijacked, so we deactivate them.

Bruce

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1107 on: May 09, 2011, 02:37:17 PM »
What the hell is wrong with people, 476.00 for a Nightmare on Elm St

Am I the only one not surprised by this?  Folded copies of this poster have been selling for $200+ and the last rolled one in this condition sold for $488.  Crazy, yes.  Surprising, no.

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/8677990.html

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #1108 on: May 09, 2011, 02:42:06 PM »
OK. We'll get you re-activated and add you back to the club. Is that what you want? If you NEVER log in or bid over the next year (100,000 items or so), then you will have to re-confirm your interest via e-mail to stay active.

It doesn't save us money, but these dormant accounts are the ones most likely to be hijacked, so we deactivate them.

Bruce
Bruce,purely as an outside viewer..i can understand Jons frustration at the apparent lack of response from Admin?..i also like how you are on the ball in deleting dormant accounts for mutual safety.. but surely both of you can resolve this issue less publicly.?

Best to both
Stew

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #1109 on: May 09, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »
Am I the only one not surprised by this?  Folded copies of this poster have been selling for $200+ and the last rolled one in this condition sold for $488.  Crazy, yes.  Surprising, no.

Not surprised, but it allows me to quietly smile about the $10 I paid for my rolled copy many years ago.
-Jay-

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1110 on: May 09, 2011, 03:17:59 PM »
Got my mint rolled copy for $60... smiles all around! :)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1111 on: May 09, 2011, 03:43:16 PM »

Do you guys think it would ever get close to $200-$400 on eBay?
Chris

DreamWarrior

« Reply #1112 on: May 09, 2011, 03:49:13 PM »
Only if it's a cinemasterpieces auction. ;)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1113 on: May 09, 2011, 03:51:02 PM »
No, but that's because it would be so hard to prove its an original... even Tloce is in on the game!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIGHTMARE-ELM-STREET-ROLLED-27X41-MOVIE-POSTER-1984-/370399236925?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563d83d33d#ht_500wt_1156

Bruce

« Reply #1114 on: May 09, 2011, 04:40:26 PM »
Stew, if this guy ever contacted us, something went wrong, and he could have easily contacted me again to straighten it out. Instead he posted here, and I answered his questions. I don't mind public resolution of such matters when it seems to be the quickest way to resolve things.

Bruce

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #1115 on: May 09, 2011, 04:50:06 PM »
Stew, if this guy ever contacted us, something went wrong, and he could have easily contacted me again to straighten it out. Instead he posted here, and I answered his questions. I don't mind public resolution of such matters when it seems to be the quickest way to resolve things.

Bruce
Absolutely Bruce..i was just thinking out for all involved..Its just that public posts stay up in finitum..so ..you know..

Stew

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1116 on: May 09, 2011, 09:38:11 PM »
Only if it's a cinemasterpieces auction. ;)

;D
Chris

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1117 on: May 10, 2011, 12:46:09 AM »
.Its just that public posts stay up in finitum..so ..you know..

Stew

Unless I'm having a bad day, then they all get deleted (rubbing hands together and cackling....)
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1118 on: May 10, 2011, 02:51:04 AM »

Bruce

ok, thats sloved. thanks

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1119 on: May 10, 2011, 02:53:32 AM »
Bruce,purely as an outside viewer..i can understand Jons frustration at the apparent lack of response from Admin?..i also like how you are on the ball in deleting dormant accounts for mutual safety.. but surely both of you can resolve this issue less publicly.?

Best to both
Stew

i agree, but i dont think this is a major issue issue thats worthy of all out war.. its just a little admin error & a bit of lazyness on my part..

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #1120 on: May 10, 2011, 02:48:19 PM »
Steve
this was a funny post.. lol

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #1121 on: May 10, 2011, 07:30:34 PM »
No, but that's because it would be so hard to prove its an original... even Tloce is in on the game!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIGHTMARE-ELM-STREET-ROLLED-27X41-MOVIE-POSTER-1984-/370399236925?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563d83d33d#ht_500wt_1156

That is one of the reasons I bought the quad instead of the one sheet. I paid $150 for a folded quad....
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #1123 on: May 11, 2011, 09:07:11 AM »

OK, I have looked at this a few times now.  Why do you say its fake?  I was under the impression that all the popular reprints are 27x40, making it easy to tell the difference.
-Jay-

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #1124 on: May 11, 2011, 09:45:05 AM »
In an attempt to pull this thread baaaaack on topic, wtf?

http://cgi.ebay.com/JURASSIC-PARK-1SH-ORIG-MOVIE-POSTER-1993-NO-RESERVE-/180658729513?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a10197229

I just bought this same exact poster for $5.00, the opening bid, earlier this month. I didn't even have to pay for shipping because it was combined with another poster.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150593927706&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT