Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2838060 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #1075 on: April 26, 2011, 12:47:29 AM »
Anyone here win this one
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&item=370499436405

His second copy went for a full 1/2 what the last fool bought it for.  With no others popping up, it would seem that this is more like the price it should be? (It sold for just over $500 this time.).

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1076 on: April 26, 2011, 02:40:57 AM »
Nah, the movie has not been released in Japan yet.  It doesn't hit theaters there until May 23rd.  The fact that he had these so early added to the perception of rarity.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #1077 on: April 26, 2011, 09:29:49 AM »
Jiminy Cricket, $1000, really?!?!?!

When I think of what that $1000 would buy in vintage posters it makes me want to cry like a little girl.

Somebody please tell me that was shilled.

--Peter
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #1078 on: April 26, 2011, 04:04:06 PM »
Not shilled, but the B1 'premium' is ridiculous (sorry Holiday).

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #1079 on: April 26, 2011, 04:47:27 PM »
I agree with everything you wrote Bruce.  But I also still believe this poster is rare and valuable... even in its current condition.  That is all I was trying to convey.

I agree with Harry

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1080 on: April 26, 2011, 10:37:51 PM »
Not shilled, but the B1 'premium' is ridiculous (sorry Holiday).

Sometimes it is, for sure.  What's added to this particular one, I think, is that it's the only instance of this international art being used and available for purchase.  I have not seen any other example, onesheet or otherwise, with this art.  For me, its compounded by the fact that it's double sided, and I have a lightbox for B1's in my office.  Luckily, I've done so well on some B1's (i.e. $25 for a poster worth 10 or 20 times that), that it helps balance out the ones that I have to pay more for.  My final rule, though, is that I really like this poster, and it has nothing to do with monetary value. 
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #1081 on: April 28, 2011, 07:10:10 AM »
Bid 300Ģ for TCM quad....oh well , there will be another one.

Spiderman Cannon 1sh even rarer.....movie was never made.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #1082 on: April 28, 2011, 07:11:46 AM »
yeah, or get the reissue quad with the same art.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #1083 on: April 28, 2011, 09:00:26 AM »
Anyone here win the TCM Double crown, the one with just the words... It's much more scarce than the Quad.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #1084 on: April 28, 2011, 10:34:14 PM »
Now that they have all ended, did anyone else sense that the bar was raised on this week's auctions?  Bruce seemed to have major auction quality stuff on both Tuesday and tonight.  And Movieposterbid/comic-art had some first rate inserts as well on Wednesday.  This was definitely a week where I felt I had to select carefully as I had too many choices to bid on.  I blew the budget some, but still managed to snag some nice items I've been looking for.  Just sad at the couple dozen I couldn't bid on and wanted to.
-Jay-

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #1085 on: April 29, 2011, 04:37:18 AM »
I felt there were a great many bargains to be had in tonight's lobby card auction from Bruce - unfortunately I was stepping out to dinner with my wife this evening and didn't have an opportunity to bid on nearly as many of them as i would have liked.

The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Bruce

« Reply #1086 on: April 29, 2011, 08:01:36 AM »
You heard it here, folks, from one of the world's leading lobby card dealers. "There were a great many bargains to be had", not just in last night's auctions but in practically EVERY auction we hold, so don't step out to dinner when our auctions are closing, and DO get in on some of the tons of great buys. Some people try to say that we always get too-high prices for quality items, but as this post points out, that clearly just isn't true!

Bruce

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #1087 on: April 29, 2011, 08:51:12 AM »
Agreed.  I had an additional 30 items on my Thursday watchlist that I couldn't bid on.  Pretty much every one went for a price where I would have still been bidding during any normal week.  I won pretty much everything I bid on, and always for way below my max.

Very interesting week.
-Jay-

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #1088 on: April 30, 2011, 03:14:46 PM »
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1089 on: May 08, 2011, 05:32:25 PM »
What the hell is wrong with people, 476.00 for a Nightmare on Elm St, 281 for DK joker, and 230 for the wilding. Good for you Bruce, but that buyer must have deep pockets.

Looks like a LOT of stuff went for lower than I would have expected today. I honestly do not watch end prices normally, but some of this stuff seems pretty low to me.
Superman 34.00
Unforgiven 32.00
Blue Velvet Locandina - 29.00
Roger Rabbit Killian - 27.00
Blue Velvet - 24.00
Star Trek - 23.00

and on and on... would have been a good day to buy, got to the PC to late.

Bruce

« Reply #1090 on: May 08, 2011, 05:50:15 PM »
Dale

That is the thing with REAL no reserve auctions (not pretend ones). You will see results much higher than seems reasonable, and results much lower, simply because those selling prices truly were set by two real bidders.

I have been hearing the "if only I had known some prices would have gone so low, I would have bid" refrain lately, and the only answer to that is to either make every effort to be at your computer when the auctions are closing, or to put in a bunch of "joke" low bids and know you will only get a few of them at best.

As to why some things go two or three times what you think is fair and others go half or a third of what you think is fair, it is because in most cases the bidders have FAR less knowledge of values than you do, and sometimes they have no clue at all, and if they run into another REAL bidder in the same boat, the prices sometimes are silly.

The beauty of this is that you can get real steals, but if that consignor got a couple of the high prices as well, he is likely to still be real happy with his results overall.

Bruce

DreamWarrior

« Reply #1091 on: May 08, 2011, 05:51:35 PM »
What the hell is wrong with people, 476.00 for a Nightmare on Elm St
I know, that's crazy! I thought it might stick when it was at $230.00, nope. Even worse is the remake poster went for $50 :P

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1092 on: May 08, 2011, 10:25:29 PM »
Even worse is the remake poster went for $50 :P

That was a puzzler for me, also. $50??

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #1093 on: May 09, 2011, 07:42:43 AM »
What the hell is wrong with people, 476.00 for a Nightmare on Elm St, 281 for DK joker, and 230 for the wilding. Good for you Bruce, but that buyer must have deep pockets.

Looks like a LOT of stuff went for lower than I would have expected today. I honestly do not watch end prices normally, but some of this stuff seems pretty low to me.
Superman 34.00
Unforgiven 32.00
Blue Velvet Locandina - 29.00
Roger Rabbit Killian - 27.00
Blue Velvet - 24.00
Star Trek - 23.00

and on and on... would have been a good day to buy, got to the PC to late.

WOW!

DAMN IT!
I was out watching Thor..Half hour late...I would much rather have that Rolled Peak Superman poster. I looked at the results and there are others...I have gotten into the habit of not always looking at the emovie sunday auctions. moron1 pctrash pctrash pctrash
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 08:02:24 AM by Zorba »

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1094 on: May 09, 2011, 09:30:04 AM »
how much did the basterds int 1 sheet go for in the end?

Bruce

« Reply #1095 on: May 09, 2011, 10:18:26 AM »
"I have gotten into the habit of not always looking at the emovie sunday auctions"

That is a major mistake! Some of the best deals are in those auctions.

You can search all our auctions in lots of ways, and you can leave saved Want List searches, so there is no reason to ever miss items you want (except not caring to take the small amount of time required).

Bruce

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1096 on: May 09, 2011, 10:20:53 AM »
"I have gotten into the habit of not always looking at the emovie sunday auctions"

That is a major mistake! Some of the best deals are in those auctions.

You can search all our auctions in lots of ways, and you can leave saved Want List searches, so there is no reason to ever miss items you want (except not caring to take the small amount of time required).

Bruce

well im still banned from bidding, told i will no longer recieve any emailes etc from emovie... months later..

still banned but still get the email club messages..

Bruce

« Reply #1097 on: May 09, 2011, 10:23:02 AM »
Give us your e-mail (either here or to phillip@emovieposter.com) and we will delete you. Believe me, we want to e-mail you even less than you want us to e-mail you.

We only ban people for bidding and not paying, or for being rude and offensive.

Bruce

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #1098 on: May 09, 2011, 10:23:30 AM »
well im still banned from bidding, told i will no longer recieve any emailes etc from emovie... months later..

still banned but still get the email club messages..

Why are you banned from emovie? That can happen?

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1099 on: May 09, 2011, 10:24:02 AM »
i didnt log in or bid enough i think