Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2838235 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #9050 on: March 27, 2017, 03:08:50 PM »
Same here, my average was lower than $2,500 on the 5 items I won.  We're all little collectors.  Not ***** for sure.

T

7 Casablanca items raise that average quite a bit, but without them, they are still $1000+ average.. which is still freaking impressive!

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9051 on: March 27, 2017, 03:10:22 PM »
Let alone pieces like the Invisible Man teaser and The Wizard of OZ US HS.

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9052 on: March 27, 2017, 03:16:12 PM »
Let alone pieces like the Invisible Man teaser and The Wizard of OZ US HS.

yeah. drop a million dollars in buys and the average is still huge

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9053 on: March 27, 2017, 03:31:38 PM »
7 Casablanca items raise that average quite a bit, but without them, they are still $1000+ average.. which is still freaking impressive!

Then I'm above the average!!!   woohoo

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #9054 on: March 27, 2017, 03:36:26 PM »
I was sorta impressed by the number of bids still coming from the room during the "cheap" session on Sunday afternoon.  Seemed to be about 2:1 floor vs internet.
-Jay-

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9055 on: March 27, 2017, 03:41:20 PM »
I didnt think there was any floor bidding during the Sunday session? I thought it was HA Live and previously sent in internet bids that battled.

-Jeff

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #9056 on: March 27, 2017, 03:46:11 PM »
I didnt think there was any floor bidding during the Sunday session? I thought it was HA Live and previously sent in internet bids that battled.

Likely.  I still don't fully understand HA, having avoided it up to now.
-Jay-

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9057 on: March 27, 2017, 04:28:25 PM »
I was sorta impressed by the number of bids still coming from the room during the "cheap" session on Sunday afternoon.  Seemed to be about 2:1 floor vs internet.

there is only floor bidding on Saturday.
Sunday is an online only situation.

If you get the catalog, it states so on the front page & at the top of the page where Sunday auctions begin.

this is of course why all the very expensive items are on the first day, so the sale can be controlled minutely

-------

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #9058 on: March 28, 2017, 11:08:50 AM »
You can still chuck in bids via the internet on the Saturday, can you not?? 

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9059 on: March 28, 2017, 12:28:49 PM »
Yes ....there are 2 beautiful big red buttons .... In the right hand column (next to the pictured item) it will tell you which format  is actually winning....it will say Internet (which is a proxy)   Or mail or fax bid) or HA live bidder on Sunday....and Saturday will have floor or phone bidder as well....it's nice to see live status and some of the heavy hitter bids are by phone or mail/fax

The beauty of the HA live system is you never have to enter a value I.e. $550.....you can just incrementally bump up the bid price by hitting the red bid button...cut bids being available as well

But proxy is the safest....so you dont get too caught up in the moment...I won a few Buster Keaton lobby cards by proxy and was out scuba diving here on Maui during the live event....priorities!
Tait

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9060 on: March 28, 2017, 01:07:40 PM »
But proxy is the safest....so you dont get too caught up in the moment...I won a few Buster Keaton lobby cards by proxy and was out scuba diving here on Maui during the live event....priorities!

I personally hate proxy bidding.  I like to see what's happening in real time, even if it means missing out on things.  I snipe on Ebay, but that's for meaningless crap.  With Emovie, I always bid within 5 minutes, and I always bid live at HA.  It's part of the fun.  It's not always easy, I cannot tell you how many times I bid on Bruce's auctions while jogging (or even driving :()  I was skiing when Heritage was happening, I had very little reception and missed out on a bunch of stuff.  I annoyed everyone who was skiing with me, but that's also part of the fun.

Btw, love Maui.  I was there a couple years ago.  I'm taking the whole family to Kauai (my favorite island) this summer for a couple of weeks.  Can't wait.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9061 on: March 28, 2017, 03:12:46 PM »
I hear ya....Live is so much more fun and its great to watch the bidding wars....I also snipe on ebay and place my bids with exactly 5 mins on Bruce's...no mystery as to why there....however after experimenting with proxy bidding (mostly when I am out adventuring during HA auctions) I found I won more and it was usually under my high bid...there are a few small advantages to placing your high bid 1st...

Maui and Kauai are both awesome...I moved to Maui in 2003 after spending a summer here...it was a really easy move....best decision I ever made....and I go to Kauai quite often for backpacking/hiking on the weekends...
Tait

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9062 on: March 28, 2017, 03:43:02 PM »
Maui and Kauai are both awesome...I moved to Maui in 2003 after spending a summer here...it was a really easy move....best decision I ever made....and I go to Kauai quite often for backpacking/hiking on the weekends...

We always stay around Hanalei.  We usually rent a house there.  I hate the south side, too touristy.  Last time we went, we rented a boat and visited the caves.  So beautiful.  I don't know if I could live there, I'm a big city boy from Paris to LA, but it's definitely one of my favorite places to be, after Phi Phi islands in Thailand.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9063 on: March 28, 2017, 04:05:42 PM »
Right on...Yeah the North Shore is so beautiful and Hanalei is such a great little town..renting a house is the way to do it....and it is just a stones throw from the Na Pali coast which is mesmerizing... I have now hiked it 4 times and counting...

The Phi Phi islands are awesome too...i usually stay on Rantee Beach on Koh Phi Phi....its a little rough but there are some new bungalows that are nice...I love Southeast Asia in General ...I did my Marine Naturalist dive course in koh tao in 2006...which is now grand central station  crying

Tait

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #9064 on: March 28, 2017, 04:14:28 PM »
We always stay around Hanalei.  We usually rent a house there.  I hate the south side, too touristy.  Last time we went, we rented a boat and visited the caves.  So beautiful.  I don't know if I could live there, I'm a big city boy from Paris to LA, but it's definitely one of my favorite places to be, after Phi Phi islands in Thailand.

T

My daughter is continuing to bug me to retire near her in LA. Thousand Oaks to be specific.  There is no way I could put up with that much humanity.  Heck, Milwaukee is too crowded for my tastes.  I like being in a small town setting, an hour or two away from culture.
-Jay-

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9065 on: March 28, 2017, 06:04:22 PM »
Yeah, Thousand Oaks is not really my thing.  Super hot in the summer.  110 is the norm. 

But you're so right about the humanity.  I used to live in the center of things, Beverly Hills/West Hollywood, and recently moved to the beach.  I'm renting my old house and drive back from time to time to fix stuff and attend to my tenant needs.  I cannot believe I used to put up with this shit.  Every time I go, I feel on the verge of a heart attack.  Traffic is just out of hand.  The beach cities are the way to go.  It's so calm here.  I love it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 06:10:53 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9067 on: March 28, 2017, 09:40:55 PM »
I think I would have bid on that one had I seen it.  Or maybe not because it's linenbacked.

Nice.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic

-Jeff

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #9069 on: March 28, 2017, 11:08:08 PM »
..sorta looks like Bruce Willis...

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #9070 on: March 29, 2017, 11:56:50 AM »
I hate the south side, too touristy. 
T
A propos of nothing, and certainly not a dig, I always have a problem with the above statement, as stated by many, that basically says, 'I don't like touristy places but am happy to make something previously un-touristy, more so, by my very being there (and maybe recommending to others)'.

Philosophical thought of the day over, hope everyone had a lovely time.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9071 on: March 29, 2017, 01:12:41 PM »
All are for 27x40 AU OS posters for LA LA LAND:

Sold on January 23, 2017; $692.00 USD (+ 23.00 to ship outside the US)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/La-La-Land-27x40-Movie-Poster-Double-Sided-DS-/262806645916?hash=item3d307f2c9c%3Ag%3Aw5YAAOSwjDZYeJvZ&nma=true&si=4Zwn8Q8wxFUKu430opECu%252BYyqns%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Sold March 28th, 2017; $132.06 USD (plus 28.00 shipping, outside US):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-RARE-AUSTRALIAN-ONE-SHEET-MOVIE-POSTER-LA-LA-LAND-16-GOSLING-STONE-/192138449003?hash=item2cbc58106b%3Ag%3AJY0AAOSwhlZYtLd2&nma=true&si=4Zwn8Q8wxFUKu430opECu%252BYyqns%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And finally referencing Damo's most recent post where he got his copy for $35.00, including shipping:

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,11826.msg218186.html#msg218186

Why was this ever thought of as an almost $700.00 poster? Or sellers just cashing in, at the right time? Curious, for sure. But it's like any poster, (or other collectible) I suppose. It's what a collector who wants it badly enough is willing to pay. A

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 02:15:36 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9072 on: March 29, 2017, 02:07:05 PM »
Being a LOST BOYS fan, I happened to see these after the auction had finished last night. Ive never seen them before, either.

This set of three JP B2 posters in the landscape format are pretty cool and interesting. They almost remind me of super size lobby cards.

The set sold for $142.00

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4576534

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 10:01:47 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #9073 on: March 29, 2017, 02:11:46 PM »
Cool, and seldom see images.
-Jay-

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #9074 on: March 29, 2017, 06:41:25 PM »
There is at least 1 more to the set, it is all lettering though ; red on black, title of the movie. I have it, never seen another. I was missing the top one, forgot about the darn auction.