Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2836934 times)

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #8375 on: February 28, 2016, 01:51:06 AM »
Aaaargh, too hard. At least I know a bit more than before. Sounds like Chris wont be back any time soon.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8376 on: February 28, 2016, 02:27:36 AM »
I wasn't aware of any "unfortunate times".

The way I see it, people come and go, that's what a forum is all about.  Sometimes people stop collecting, and they move on to greener pastures.  Heck, one of APF's co-owner doesn't even check the forum anymore.  Such is life.  It's like this movie star who is part of your life for years and years, you don't miss a single movie of his, and then he stops making movies and 10 years later you realize that he's gone and wonder what happened to him.  We all feel like we know each other, but really, we don't and it's easy to forget that people have lives outside of posters.  At least some do.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #8377 on: February 28, 2016, 02:59:55 AM »
just to clear things up, Chris is busy with life, he occasionally posts at my place, as its slow and simple over there.
Far as I know its nothing more. Just sometimes life gets in the way of pretty bits of paper (and talking about them).

the others I dont know, possibly something similar.

(usually when theres more to it, people announce "leaving' and stick around to have a few more words about why they wont post anymore.
and before long they are back again, like they never left.)
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #8380 on: March 01, 2016, 01:44:37 PM »
The Ewbanks sale was 2 days earlier than the ebay sale.

Mark

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #8381 on: March 01, 2016, 01:54:27 PM »
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:55:09 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8383 on: March 03, 2016, 09:03:18 PM »
$273 for a Why So Serious poster???  Is that a new high?  I have a whole tube of these.  I guess that makes me a rich man.

devil 2 devil 2 devil 2

T
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:03:39 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8384 on: March 03, 2016, 11:36:14 PM »
Seeing the Escape From NY studio style OS close tonight in high spot #2, (at $310.00) was very nice.

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4158976

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:19:07 AM by Neo »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8386 on: March 14, 2016, 02:10:14 PM »
Those Force Awakens numbers are pretty astounding, there, Brandon.   jawdrop

-Jeff

Online jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8387 on: March 14, 2016, 07:22:40 PM »
I have been keeping an eye on the them.
The 4' by 6' seem to go for a little more than the 5' by 7' banners.
Both Rey styles are big bucks. So is the Solo in general.
The Leia, Finn and Ren can be had a little cheaper.
The Finn seems to be the lowest priced one, but that may be because there are more floating around out there. I don't know.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8388 on: March 14, 2016, 11:51:26 PM »
Why are these going for that kind of $$?

Is it purely the SW mania that is still going strong and keeping the numbers high like this?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:52:27 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8389 on: March 15, 2016, 01:26:45 AM »
The two Rey bus shelters are nice.  I got them early on for $250 each or about.  Then I bought the Finn for $80.  I thought about buying Solo and Leia, but their aging faces kinda freak me out.  Fisher looks like shit.  This is not how I want to remember her.  And Kylo I don't care for.

The French set is also nice.  I got Rey, BB and Finn.  Here are the first 2.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #8390 on: March 21, 2016, 03:22:57 PM »
OK, so this has happened a couple of times.

It gets near the end, so I lay down a few bids on some posters I want, and on a whim, place a minimal bid on some piece of junk that sorta matches what I want.  Its an OK add-on, but not something I would seek out.

You guessed it.  I get outbid at the last minute on all the good stuff, but win the junk one at the opening bid.  So there I sit with a cheap poster and shipping costs that exceed the price.

What do you do?  Suck it up?  You bid, you won, you owe.  Write to the auction company and send them the winning bid price, but tell them not to bother to ship the turkey?  Something else?

Bruce allows you to let small dollar wins sit in shipping and wait to combine shipping.  Nice touch, but in general?
-Jay-

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #8391 on: March 21, 2016, 04:54:49 PM »
Can you pay for the poster and ask them to bin it rather than ship it?

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #8392 on: March 21, 2016, 06:03:13 PM »

I do better than that. I let anyone cancel wins if they are under the cost of U.S. shipping (the total of their purchases). It costs me a bundle at the end of each year, but I put the posters on all our walls, and visitors are REALLY impressed with our insane wall art, and I get good will with the bidders, so I got that going for me.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #8393 on: March 21, 2016, 07:48:38 PM »
Yes, that's the question.  I feel obligated to pay for the poster.  I bid, I won.  Until now, I have been also paying for the shipping and getting the poster delivered.  I think I need to be smarter in these situations.  If a poster sells for $10 and I have to pay $15 in shipping, I have to ask if it is a $25 poster or a $10 write-off.
-Jay-

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #8394 on: March 26, 2016, 01:15:15 PM »
As I mentioned in another topic, the sales results for the one sheets for Knight of Cups (2015) are some of the highest for a new release.

These are the only ones that have recently sold on eBay, that appear to be original DS US one sheets:

If you look at the recent sales on the bay (link below), highqposter of Thailand sold one double-sided, allegedly original one sheet, and now has two more listed.  According to the description, they're 27.5"x39.5".  It seems like if someone wanted to capitalize on high quality one sheet reprints for a newer film, this would be a prime target.  So what do y'all think.  Originals, or potentially double-sided repros?

Also, does Thailand use posters that are the same or similar to US posters, with English text, etc.?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=knight%20of%20cups%20poster&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Mirosae

« Reply #8395 on: March 26, 2016, 01:34:27 PM »
^ Great post, thank you Brandon.  In an obscure way I find the Modern Posters trade very appealing, I mean, when you think about it ANY of these could be the classics in 50 / 60 years time too... This poster certainly has it all (director, cast and look)

Hope you can find your copy.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 01:34:57 PM by Mirosae »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #8396 on: March 26, 2016, 02:26:03 PM »
^ Great post, thank you Brandon.  In an obscure way I find the Modern Posters trade very appealing, I mean, when you think about it ANY of these could be the classics in 50 / 60 years time too... This poster certainly has it all (director, cast and look)

I agree, that some of these could be classics in the future.  Although even a very limited release like this likely had hundreds, very possibly more than 1,000 printed, and will likely not have the "ultra-rare/cool" factor, in the same way of many of the current classics, especially those from times like the golden age of Hollywood, the silent era, etc.  

It's cool that the folks who are buying modern posters are the folks who are preserving this stuff for the future, in the same way those who acquire the vintage material.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 04:25:13 PM by Neo »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8397 on: March 26, 2016, 02:42:31 PM »
The Public Enemy OS.. just closed at $140K (before the added BP), on HA.  faint2.gif

Talk about a bidding war.  thumbsup.gif
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:44:20 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8398 on: March 26, 2016, 02:48:53 PM »
Hahahahaha...  I told my wife that I was bidding on it and not to bother me.  She discreetly checked the amount.  I wish I had a camera to take a picture of the look on her face.  Pure resentment.

T
My Personal Collection