Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2837395 times)

Mirosae

Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #8225 on: January 19, 2016, 03:32:07 PM »
I thought that last weeks HA weekly auction was very good. Let me share with you a Brini or a Billy Wilder poster. I might have to add this poster to my regrets list...

Not mine...but i love it all the same

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #8226 on: January 19, 2016, 04:30:50 PM »
I thought that last weeks HA weekly auction was very good. Let me share with you a Brini or a Billy Wilder poster. I might have to add this poster to my regrets list...

HA runs an excellent weekly auction
500 +/- items each week and they do about 40-50k

no surprise they did almost $8million in movie poster division last year via auctions

this is not to say that other auctions aren't up to snuff, that would be false, but HA is #1

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8227 on: January 19, 2016, 04:41:07 PM »

no surprise they did almost $8million in movie poster division last year via auctions

this is not to say that other auctions aren't up to snuff, that would be false, but HA is #1

$40-50k/week. That is impressive.

Thanks for the info, Rich.

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #8228 on: January 19, 2016, 05:21:29 PM »

Agree. I like their weekly paper. Sometimes I find there posters which I would expect to see in the Sig auction, and i am surprised to find it in the weekly...but then I remember that it is HA and that they really get some extra-ordinary paper. :P

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #8229 on: January 19, 2016, 06:13:55 PM »
^ I suspect HA throw in some goodies to keep people returning to look rather people deciding it is always full of just low end stuff (crap!)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8230 on: January 19, 2016, 08:23:00 PM »
^ I suspect HA throw in some goodies to keep people returning to look rather people deciding it is always full of just low end stuff (crap!)

I just looked Steve and it's more than just 'some goodies'

I sorted the last auction (sales $45,391.) by high price to low and at 50 listings per page, the first 2 pages were $119 to $1792

100 items at $100+

that's a solid listing of material

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8231 on: January 19, 2016, 09:53:04 PM »
A set of 8 LC for the brilliant, 1951 Christmas classic, Scrooge (A Christmas Carol), with Alastair Sim, closed tonight on EMP for an even $400.00   clap clap

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4111917

-Jeff

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #8232 on: January 19, 2016, 10:01:57 PM »
I just looked Steve and it's more than just 'some goodies'

I sorted the last auction (sales $45,391.) by high price to low and at 50 listings per page, the first 2 pages were $119 to $1792

100 items at $100+

that's a solid listing of material

Maybe the offering have improved since they started extended bidding when I stopped looking. Up till then it was one or two goodies and the rest were Zombies of the Stratosphere quality

Mirosae

« Reply #8233 on: January 20, 2016, 05:24:56 AM »

Maybe the offering have improved since they started extended bidding when I stopped looking. Up till then it was one or two goodies and the rest were Zombies of the Stratosphere quality

Yes. I think the weekly offering has improved. That said, two of my most beloved posters from HA were  from the weekly auction. So it has always been an interesting one to watch.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:25:31 AM by Mirosae »

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8234 on: January 20, 2016, 01:36:59 PM »
absolutely they are better. They had been doing 25-30k a week, now it's much more.
probably due to the amount of material they're getting of that quality

-------

Offline monocle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8235 on: January 21, 2016, 09:22:47 AM »
The Treat 'Em Rough Gang? I think you'll find that they're working as receptionists at my local doctor's surgery...
Nick
Utter gent.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8236 on: January 21, 2016, 09:29:18 PM »
I was watching this on EMP and wondered how it would finish. It ended up running ahead of the Sherlock Holmes script, which was the leader for the longest time.

Top honors went to the first draft screenplay for (Creature From The) Black Lagoon, closing at $2800.00   thumbup

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4113983

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #8237 on: January 23, 2016, 06:52:16 PM »
Sold on Ebay $780.00 Description below. I love this. Congrats to the new owner/s

Description
1939 "Gone With the Wind" large original ornate movie theatre display piece. It measures 41" x 21" and consists of an impressive decorative wooden frame with a beautiful cardboard poster featuring choice images of Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh. This poster measures 33" x 13" and fits inside the frame for display purposes. The frame has decorative ornaments on all side plus several faux colorful jewel like stone inserts. The dark green trim around the display between the poster and frame border is a felt material. Overall about vg/ex condition with some handling wear, some other minor imperfections, and the bottom decorative piece on the frame has come loose and needs to be secured back into place. Scarce and desirable GWTW display piece. See photos above. Postage according to state in USA. Foreign according to country. (Winning foreign bids more than $50.00 need registered mail)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 07:01:04 PM by Mirosae »

Offline monocle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8238 on: January 23, 2016, 07:22:53 PM »
Very jolly Rosa. Although I have to admit that I've never actually seen the film!
Nick
Utter gent.

Mirosae

« Reply #8239 on: January 23, 2016, 07:29:32 PM »
Very jolly Rosa. Although I have to admit that I've never actually seen the film!

Offline monocle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8240 on: January 23, 2016, 07:43:52 PM »
That'll be a dozen Hail Marys then...  ;D
Nick
Utter gent.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8241 on: January 24, 2016, 07:54:26 PM »

I have to say, Heritage is certainly seller friendly.  They usually get 3x to 5x more than what I paid for most of my posters.  Sometimes even more.  So if you're selling, it's probably your best option out there, although I don't know how much commission they charge vs. emovie.  But for a buyer who has a clear idea of how much posters should sell for, their weekly sale sucks.  I can never buy anything over there.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8242 on: January 25, 2016, 02:59:16 PM »
I have to say, Heritage is certainly seller friendly.  They usually get 3x to 5x more than what I paid for most of my posters.  Sometimes even more.  So if you're selling, it's probably your best option out there, although I don't know how much commission they charge vs. emovie.  But for a buyer who has a clear idea of how much posters should sell for, their weekly sale sucks.  I can never buy anything over there.

they got almost $500 for a Terminator 1sh 3 weeks ago and for the 1997R Star Wars SE posters, they got $75-103 each!! (same posters I was selling the dinged set of 4 for $60)

every week they sell a bunch of posters for startling prices. I picked up a Marihuana 1sh on ebay for $1000 last month. They got $2600 for one yesterday. There's a reason they did $55,672.75 on 503 posters (that's an average of $110 per poster!)

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8243 on: January 25, 2016, 03:49:20 PM »
I know, it's crazy.  I'm telling you, I have tons of posters that I paid $10, $20 or $30 for, and I see them sell in much lesser condition for $100+.  So if that goes for the posters I own, it also goes for the posters I want.  So I'm like - fuck that shit - and go somewhere else ;)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8244 on: January 25, 2016, 03:57:52 PM »
I know, it's crazy.  I'm telling you, I have tons of posters that I paid $10, $20 or $30 for, and I see them sell in much lesser condition for $100+.  So if that goes for the posters I own, it also goes for the posters I want.  So I'm like - fuck that shit - and go somewhere else ;)

T

Not a bad return on a 10 or 20 buck poster.  thumbsup.gif

Do any titles of ones you have come to mind, right off the bat, T?

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8245 on: January 25, 2016, 04:09:43 PM »
Not a bad return on a 10 or 20 buck poster.  thumbsup.gif

Do any titles of ones you have come to mind, right off the bat, T?

If I were selling, it would be a good return for sure.  I feel like I could sell my collection for A LOT more than what I paid for it, but I'm not, so that's beyond the point.  

And as far as titles, there are just too many and I don't know how to check past auctions, but pretty much everything I own.  I remember 2 1941 posters that sold for more than $200 a week ago.  I mean, c'mon, they're worth probably $10 or $20 max.  I just look for cheap deals, and I guess a lot of people don't or don't care.  More power to them.

T

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:10:46 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8246 on: January 25, 2016, 05:01:34 PM »
If I were selling, it would be a good return for sure.  I feel like I could sell my collection for A LOT more than what I paid for it, but I'm not, so that's beyond the point.  

And as far as titles, there are just too many and I don't know how to check past auctions, but pretty much everything I own.  I remember 2 1941 posters that sold for more than $200 a week ago.  I mean, c'mon, they're worth probably $10 or $20 max.  I just look for cheap deals, and I guess a lot of people don't or don't care.  More power to them.

T

Finding something that is a deal, or an unexpected find in places other than an auction house, is what I think is so much fun about the hobby. Maybe tripping across something unexpected, or when you arent even looking for something. It hits you, the price is WAY right, and you go for it.

And then seeing the same piece selling for much more down the road, is just like icing on the cake.

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #8247 on: January 31, 2016, 04:19:02 PM »
This isn't really a "OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev...." other than it was one of the only lots that sold in the Budapest Gallery's auction today.

It's one of the coolest from today, IMO. Once Upon a Time in the West.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/43315830_once-upon-a-time-in-the-west-movie-poster
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:09:01 PM by Neo »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8248 on: January 31, 2016, 04:24:31 PM »
Did you check its size?

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #8249 on: January 31, 2016, 04:32:31 PM »

Did you check its size?

Yeah, about 8"x11".