Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2838290 times)

Mirosae

Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #7700 on: August 09, 2015, 03:38:44 PM »
wow. Great poster. too bad you didn't win it Rosa
Thanks Rich. glad you like it too

That is a beautiful piece of history there, Rosa.

Maybe next time, eh?

yes, I think I need one now! :P

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #7701 on: August 09, 2015, 04:50:23 PM »
it's a beautiful design Rosa.. what would not be to like!

;D

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #7702 on: August 10, 2015, 05:22:14 AM »
Hi, can I ask why you didn't bid on it?

Had it already gone over budgets or some other reason.

Great design and historical points there.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #7703 on: August 10, 2015, 09:26:02 AM »

What happened to the red ring... Is the poster missing a colour?

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7704 on: August 10, 2015, 07:52:44 PM »
Good eye, Steve.
Upper right gold ring should be red.

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7705 on: August 10, 2015, 10:30:02 PM »
This poster looks a bit faded...the darker areas seem a bit softer than I remember....red is a very volatile color and fades very easily...the Grecian Olympic figure should be a bit more burnt gold with more depth and shading on the right arm ...I have only seen this poster once in person (about 10 years ago from a friend who deals in European posters) and it had much warmer color tones...this poster may even have been cleaned with a bleaching agent...

It is a great poster!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:31:12 PM by Filmlobbycards »
Tait

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7706 on: August 11, 2015, 12:14:19 AM »
What happened to the red ring... Is the poster missing a colour?

Red is the colour of Nazi
Chris

Mirosae

« Reply #7707 on: August 11, 2015, 06:17:34 AM »
@Steve...Great eye Steve!! I noticed the overall golden look but didnt spot it until now. thumbsup.gif

@ Tait: thanks a lot Tait, very helpful, as usual. You are right, this poster must be a bit different. It has had "extensive restoration" around the upper half. I assume the restoration missed the red ring as noticed by Steve. I was taken by the overall look, it is a piece of history. Hope the new owner is happy.

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7708 on: August 11, 2015, 03:57:17 PM »
The chap, who was very nice added the information at my request , so i think i was doing you all a favour? I personally would have returned the poster if i had received the smaller version. Its hard to tell in the picture its not a full size quad. Outing.. maybe, but i like to think I saved a few people a trip to the post office to return an item. :P

If only you had contacted the seller a few hours earlier, it actually would have saved me a lot of time.  faint2.gif

Before knowing that the several, mis-represented Killer Klowns posters are actually the video version, I figured I'd ask the seller if he would accept an offer for one, as I had a few other things going on that week, and didn't have time to bid.  We made a PayPal deal on one, and he sent it the next day.  Shortly after he sent it, he changed the listings - saying they're not quads.  I sent him an email, telling him that I offered what I did because I thought it was a quad, and that I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it, but if I did decide to keep it, I would expect a partial refund.  The seller ignored the two emails sent to him.  After a month waiting for it to arrive, I called PayPal and told them about it, and they basically said that is BS, especially since it had not arrived, and they started a claim.  A few days later, I got a full refund.  About a week later, the poster arrived, and here are the emails, and what happened:

Him: I see you have received the poster and you got your full refund. What are you going to do next as I am going to open a dispute case to get my money back off you.

I checked the listings, and there were some shenaningans, as there was clearly shill bidding.  One of the original listings actually sold to a shill bid on his other account, and then that account sold one for £9.99.  Anyway, I called PayPal and told them that the package was delivered, and about the seller's email, and they sent him an email about me returning it, with him sending me a pre-paid shipping label.

Me: If you want your poster back, I will return it to you, at your cost. PayPal is already aware of the current status of this, and you can respond to their message, and issue a pre-paid return shipping label. If you have any questions or concerns, please forward them to PayPal.

Him: If you do not want the poster then I would appreciate it if you return it to me ASAP and I have already paid out for shipping which I have lost out on when I sent it to you.if you do not want the poster then you will have to send it back to me in the original condition and original packaging at your costs.if you want it then I don't mind doing a deal with you for $60

I called PayPal again, and they told me that the case was closed, and there was nothing he could do, as far as demanding me to return it, or sending a partial payment.

Me: I have spent far too much time and energy on this. From calling numerous post offices about the tracking, sending you emails, calling PayPal, etc. I do not want to do a partial deal with you. If you want your poster back, you need to send me a pre-paid shipping label.

Him: Can I just say you are being a total idiot about this.you must be one of them con men. Just send my poster back ASAP I've sold all the rest to decent English people who have not complained and are totally satisfied with there purchase. I expect a reply and expect my poster back before I take legal proceedings against you.you think you can get something for nothing. Think again

Although PayPal said that I didn't have to, I figured the right thing to do was to send him a partial payment.

Me: It's worth £10. Just say OK and I'll send you $25 via PayPal. Or send me a pre-paid shipping label.

Him: OK

Me: Payment sent.  Cheers

Him: Ok.  Thank you.

I would recommend not communicating at all with sellers when stuff like this is going on.  It's much better to just let PayPal or eBay deal with it.  In this case, it all worked out, and it's kinda funny that this wacky situation was over a Killer Klowns poster.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:30:29 PM by Neo »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7709 on: August 11, 2015, 04:23:50 PM »
The killjoys of poster collecting
Chris

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7710 on: August 11, 2015, 04:37:17 PM »
The killjoys of poster collecting

Yep.  Especially when it's something for one of your favorite movies. 

It's all part of the fun, though.  Without the negative experiences, the positive experiences are not as positive.

Mirosae

« Reply #7711 on: August 11, 2015, 05:03:45 PM »
Yep.  Especially when it's something for one of your favorite movies. 

It's all part of the fun, though.  Without the negative experiences, the positive experiences are not as positive.

Very true Brandon. A bad experience really helps you to appreciate the good side of things (posters included).

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7712 on: August 11, 2015, 05:06:52 PM »
If only you had contacted the seller a few hours earlier, it actually would have saved me a lot of time.  faint2.gif

Before knowing that the several, mis-represented Killer Klowns posters are actually the video version, I figured I'd ask the seller if he would accept an offer for one, as I had a few other things going on that week, and didn't have time to bid.  We made a PayPal deal on one, and he sent it the next day.  Shortly after he sent it, he changed the listings - saying they're not quads.  I sent him an email, telling him that I offered what I did because I thought it was a quad, and that I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it, but if I did decide to keep it, I would expect a partial refund.  The seller ignored the two emails sent to him.  After a month waiting for it to arrive, I called PayPal and told them about it, and they basically said that is BS, especially since it had not arrived, and they started a claim.  A few days later, I got a full refund.  About a week later, the poster arrived, and here are the emails, and what happened:

Him: I see you have received the poster and you got your full refund. What are you going to do next as I am going to open a dispute case to get my money back off you.

I checked the listings, and there were some shenaningans, as there was clearly shill bidding.  One of the original listings actually sold to a shill bid on his other account, and then that account sold one for £9.99.  Anyway, I called PayPal and told them that the package was delivered, and about the seller's email, and they sent him an email about me returning it, with him sending me a pre-paid shipping label.

Me: If you want your poster back, I will return it to you, at your cost. PayPal is already aware of the current status of this, and you can respond to their message, and issue a pre-paid return shipping label. If you have any questions or concerns, please forward them to PayPal.

Him: If you do not want the poster then I would appreciate it if you return it to me ASAP and I have already paid out for shipping which I have lost out on when I sent it to you.if you do not want the poster then you will have to send it back to me in the original condition and original packaging at your costs.if you want it then I don't mind doing a deal with you for $60

I called PayPal again, and they told me that the case was closed, and there was nothing he could do, as far as demanding me to return it, or sending a partial payment.

Me: I have spent far too much time and energy on this. From calling numerous post offices about the tracking, sending you emails, calling PayPal, etc. I do not want to do a partial deal with you. If you want your poster back, you need to send me a pre-paid shipping label.

Him: Can I just say you are being a total idiot about this.you must be one of them con men. Just send my poster back ASAP I've sold all the rest to decent English people who have not complained and are totally satisfied with there purchase. I expect a reply and expect my poster back before I take legal proceedings against you.you think you can get something for nothing. Think again

Although PayPal said that I didn't have to, I figured the right thing to do was to send him a partial payment.

Me: It's worth £10. Just say OK and I'll send you $25 via PayPal. Or send me a pre-paid shipping label.

Him: OK

Me: Payment sent.  Cheers

Him: Ok.  Thank you.

I would recommend not communicating at all with sellers when stuff like this is going on.  It's much better to just let PayPal or eBay deal with it.  In this case, it all worked out, and it's kinda funny that this wacky situation was over a Killer Klowns poster.

Great poster story and information here, as always, Brandon.   cool1

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #7713 on: August 11, 2015, 06:53:37 PM »
"legal proceedings".. lol

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7714 on: August 11, 2015, 08:22:57 PM »
Very true Brandon. A bad experience really helps you to appreciate the good side of things (posters included).

Indeed.

Great poster story and information here, as always, Brandon.   cool1

cheers

"legal proceedings".. lol

My legal team was ready to fight this all the way to the Supreme Court.  8)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:38:26 PM by Neo »

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #7715 on: August 11, 2015, 09:15:37 PM »
I wish I was a "decent English person"

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7716 on: August 11, 2015, 09:27:07 PM »
I wish I was knighted.
I've written several requests, but haven't heard a peep.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #7717 on: August 11, 2015, 09:29:49 PM »
At $470, this lenticular creamed both the Scarface and Taxi Driver 40x60s

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=3942200

Mirosae

« Reply #7718 on: August 12, 2015, 11:06:28 AM »
Thanks Vick. I like this lenticular poster  very much..but I think that price is a bit too high no?. That said, if the new owner is happy then good for them; what I think is purely redundant. :P

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:07:18 AM by Mirosae »

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #7719 on: August 12, 2015, 11:56:01 AM »
Thanks Vick. I like this lenticular poster  very much..but I think that price is a bit too high no?. That said, if the new owner is happy then good for them; what I think is purely redundant. :P

Never redundant! I thought it was a lot too... but also only have limited lenticular vernacular.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #7720 on: August 12, 2015, 11:57:55 AM »

Well I am partly to blame for the price I was the underbidder. I wanted it but it had more cond issues that I was comfortable paying that much for and got a little caught up in the bidding.  (now I have to change my username on emovie since I outed myself blah)  Actually it has been selling strong at $500-$600 for quite a while.  They made less than a normal for this lent... and it being a Captain America/Marvel its gonna stay high priced.  One wish is that it was a thicker lower LPI lenticular.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #7721 on: August 12, 2015, 12:17:14 PM »
Can't believe the Lenticular King was out bid, next time Jason, next time.
It's more than a Hobby...

Mirosae

« Reply #7722 on: August 12, 2015, 01:50:15 PM »
Well I am partly to blame for the price I was the underbidder. I wanted it but it had more cond issues that I was comfortable paying that much for and got a little caught up in the bidding.  (now I have to change my username on emovie since I outed myself blah)  Actually it has been selling strong at $500-$600 for quite a while.  They made less than a normal for this lent... and it being a Captain America/Marvel its gonna stay high priced.  One wish is that it was a thicker lower LPI lenticular.

Sorry you missed it. It is a great poster for sure. Hope you will catch it next time Jason :)

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #7723 on: August 12, 2015, 02:39:23 PM »
That was a short next time Paul. i already managed to get it. Woo hoo!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7724 on: August 13, 2015, 02:00:36 AM »
That was a short next time Paul. i already managed to get it. Woo hoo!

Way to go, Jason! You know your stuff, that's for sure.

clap clap

-Jeff