Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2838091 times)

Mirosae

Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #7475 on: June 23, 2015, 04:35:05 AM »
Congratulations Mark. Glad you found it.

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
« Reply #7476 on: June 23, 2015, 08:31:28 AM »
this is not outing - well it might be, but a guy has a bunch of Killer clown quads on ebay.co.uk at the moment, i was emailing him and he told me they measured smaller than a quad, so i advised he ammended the auction. Still a cool poster and a chance for folks to pick them up
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Uk-quad-poster-KILLER-KLOWNS-FROM-OUTER-SPACE-/131541528937?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1ea07c7169

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #7477 on: June 23, 2015, 08:45:51 AM »
That's the video poster. The distributor, Entertainment In Film, used to use quads sometimes for advertising their videos. They also produced this size which is an exact copy of the quad.

I had several titles such as Kindred, Hellraiser and this one with both the full size and smaller version. I compared my Hellraiser 'theatrical' quad with my Hellraiser 'video' quad and they are exactly the same.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 12:22:15 PM by skyjackers »

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #7478 on: June 23, 2015, 10:57:56 AM »
auction outing alert  gun2

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #7479 on: June 23, 2015, 11:53:57 AM »
Interesting info Spongebob.

And yes it's still outing...........
It's more than a Hobby...

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7480 on: June 23, 2015, 12:07:39 PM »

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7481 on: June 23, 2015, 12:09:55 PM »
That's the video poster. The distributor, Entertainment in film used to use quads sometimes for advertising their videos. They also produced this size which is an exact copy of the quad.

I had several titles such as Kindred, Hellraiser and this one with both the full size and smaller version. I compared my Hellraiser 'theatrical' quad with my Hellraiser 'video' quad and they are exactly the same.

cool1

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #7482 on: June 23, 2015, 12:14:42 PM »
Its not outing an auction if your goal is to warn people about a misrepresentation.  If we don't allow that then what do we have left people!

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7483 on: June 23, 2015, 12:20:53 PM »
Its not outing an auction if your goal is to warn people about a misrepresentation.  If we don't allow that then what do we have left people!

Yeah, but in this case, the eBayer added the info. to the listing.  Anyway, I wonder how well these auctions will do, compared to if they were 30"x40" and/or theater release quads.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7484 on: June 23, 2015, 12:21:25 PM »

I agree here.

Same idea as when people have been warned about Portal Publications posters that have been represented on the bay as original OS; and even tho many here know what to look for, there are still newbies that could not be aware and buy one, thinking it was the real deal.

-Jeff

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #7485 on: June 23, 2015, 01:30:39 PM »
Rolling the dice on crappy descriptions are where bargains are had  ;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 01:30:59 PM by ddilts399 »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7486 on: June 23, 2015, 01:31:19 PM »
Yes.. that's true, too.  ;)

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7487 on: June 23, 2015, 01:49:25 PM »
Not the most flattering picture of me, but I think this belongs to this thread.

This is my buddy Grant (of Killer Clown) and me getting hammered a few years back.  Grant is now a successful producer, having produced Lone Survivor and November Man.  And a daddy as of a few weeks ago.  

I have never seen Killer Clown and I hate clowns so I cannot join on the excitement over the poster.

T
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:03:47 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7488 on: June 23, 2015, 02:44:12 PM »
Good pic. Hammer time is always fun!!

cheers

-Jeff

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7489 on: June 23, 2015, 02:56:12 PM »

truest true.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #7490 on: June 23, 2015, 09:52:40 PM »
Cool poster - 1969 NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD military one sheet.  I would have loved this in my collection.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:53:09 PM by Crazy Vick »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7491 on: June 23, 2015, 10:38:34 PM »
AND..

a nice ALL TEXT poster, too!

thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

• Collector
« Reply #7492 on: June 24, 2015, 02:17:52 AM »
Yeah, but in this case, the eBayer added the info. to the listing.  Anyway, I wonder how well these auctions will do, compared to if they were 30"x40" and/or theater release quads.

The chap, who was very nice added the information at my request , so i think i was doing you all a favour? I personally would have returned the poster if i had received the smaller version. Its hard to tell in the picture its not a full size quad. Outing.. maybe, but i like to think I saved a few people a trip to the post office to return an item. :P

guest4531

« Reply #7493 on: June 24, 2015, 02:19:44 AM »
Dude, I hate this  >:(

I was outbib on all my bids by just a few dollars...

I really wanted this one - Snows of Kilimanjaro
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=3894300

And miss the two "Safari Moja"

Well, I can't both have a nice night sleep and winning bids :(

• Collector
« Reply #7494 on: June 24, 2015, 02:23:36 AM »
you need to get a sniping programme, ulitmately someone wanted it more than you. If you were prepared to pay more, you should have bid more!  thumbsup.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7495 on: June 24, 2015, 03:11:42 AM »
The chap, who was very nice added the information at my request , so i think i was doing you all a favour? I personally would have returned the poster if i had received the smaller version. Its hard to tell in the picture its not a full size quad. Outing.. maybe, but i like to think I saved a few people a trip to the post office to return an item. :P

That you did.. and so it was the absolute right call for you to make.   clap clap clap

-Jeff

• Collector
« Reply #7496 on: June 24, 2015, 03:40:14 AM »
Thats true of course, but should i let you roll the dice knowing you would not get what you think you are getting? That's sort of mean...

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #7497 on: June 24, 2015, 04:13:48 AM »
Yes, you did the right thing by outing those Killer Klown auctions. You had good knowledge and there was no guarantee that the seller would amend his description to show the true size of his poster.

Mark

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #7498 on: June 24, 2015, 06:00:45 AM »
Yes, you did the right thing by outing those Killer Klown auctions. You had good knowledge and there was no guarantee that the seller would amend his description to show the true size of his poster.

Mark

If only he would take the word 'Quad' out of the listing title.

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7499 on: June 24, 2015, 10:27:58 AM »

I spoke with the seller and he seems like a good guy, and it doesn't surprise me that he updated the listings.  For the record, I'm not busting your balls about "outing."  It was just the wording of your first post that I was goofing about: "This isn't outing - well it might be."

You did what you think is right, and I don't see the big deal about mentioning auctions here, anyway.  Some people have gotten their panties all in a wad about "outing," and it wouldn't surprise me if Mel left because of all the backlash of him doing that, although that could be just part of the reason for his exodus.  Anyway, maybe a few folks here who mentioned that they were in search of a quad for Killer Klowns can snag a good deal on one of these.

I agree with SJ, that he should remove "quad" from all of his listings that are clearly not quads.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:29:02 AM by Neo »