Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2837363 times)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #7125 on: March 27, 2015, 07:17:51 PM »
Same stock as 40x60s, inserts, and half sheets...generally speaking.

Cheers Wonka - didn't know 40 x 60s were also the same stock. I really like that size, I was lusting after quite a few of the posters last night. Oh for deeper pockets.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #7126 on: March 27, 2015, 07:42:19 PM »
I will never understand why anyone spends any kind of money on 30x40in posters.  Those white borders are a killer, imo.  
This said, I did buy my FIRST and probably LAST 40x30in poster tonight at Emovie.  I only bought it because the image is actually framed equally within the border.
Oh, and because it's Bardot.
Doh.gif
Nice job T.  Have you seen all the Bardot films?  You'll have to get one of those framed. 

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7127 on: March 28, 2015, 02:36:03 PM »
The Maltese Falcon six sheet at Heritage just sold for $160,000 ($191,200 with the BP).  Good bidding battle between two phone bidders, who drove the price up from $50,000.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 02:54:07 PM by Neo »

Mirosae

« Reply #7128 on: March 28, 2015, 02:39:22 PM »
Sadly I can confirm that it wasn't me who won it phone. What a poster girly2.gif

Mirosae

« Reply #7129 on: March 28, 2015, 02:41:31 PM »
M went ....when my computer crashed moron1

I cannot believe my stupid idiot luck  moron1

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7130 on: March 28, 2015, 02:47:53 PM »
Doh.gif
Nice job T.  Have you seen all the Bardot films?  You'll have to get one of those framed. 

Yes, I've seen them all.  As you may know, I don't collect posters for movies I haven't seen.  I don't see the point.  Except when I get posters for free, and I do get a lot of those.  Only a few Bardot movies are worth watching, BUT she is freakin' HOT in all of them.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7131 on: March 28, 2015, 02:49:25 PM »
So glad the Casablanca LCs are done.  My god, it took forever.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #7132 on: March 28, 2015, 02:50:26 PM »
$191,200.00

Heritage will have multiple items today ending North of $100k and remains the sole auction to do so in movie posters.

faint2.gif
 notworthy.gif

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7133 on: March 28, 2015, 02:52:51 PM »
M went ....when my computer crashed moron1

I cannot believe my stupid idiot luck  moron1

Ouch.  Really bad timing for computer/connection issues.  :(  Maybe next time you can utilize telephone bidding as a backup plan.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7134 on: March 28, 2015, 02:59:35 PM »
As they say...

sh*t happens...

LOL ;D

And a nice number on the MALTESE 6sh, too... after what looked like a more slow start!  thumbsup.gif

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:00:27 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7135 on: March 28, 2015, 03:05:35 PM »
$191,200.00

Heritage will have multiple items today ending North of $100k and remains the sole auction to do so in movie posters.

faint2.gif
 notworthy.gif

I actually asked my wife what she would do if I bid $200,000 on a poster.  She was not amused.  She doesn't see posters as a lucrative investment.  She is wise beyond her years.

T
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:13:13 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Mirosae

« Reply #7136 on: March 28, 2015, 03:11:07 PM »
Ouch.  Really bad timing for computer/connection issues.  :(  Maybe next time you can utilize telephone bidding as a backup plan.

I know... I was so much in a hurry to get it working that I forgot to use my brain. I could have used my phone! All works well there ..never mind... congrats to the owner! :)

Mirosae

« Reply #7137 on: March 28, 2015, 03:14:32 PM »
$191,200.00

faint2.gif
 notworthy.gif

That Maltese Falcon would look incredible next to her Casablanca insert (I just want to assume who bought both is a she)..

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7138 on: March 28, 2015, 03:40:37 PM »
Ahhh...  I missed my first one :(  It was me against someone else on that Heaven Can Wait Ballester.  I let it go at $2,700.  Very unhappy.  I really wanted it.  But anything above that would have been too much imo.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7139 on: March 28, 2015, 03:48:29 PM »
BUT...

At the exact same time, I got a nice piņa colada.  Here's looking at you, bitches ;)

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7140 on: March 28, 2015, 03:50:15 PM »
Ahhh...  I missed my first one :(  It was me against someone else on that Heaven Can Wait Ballester.  I let it go at $2,700.  Very unhappy.  I really wanted it.  But anything above that would have been too much imo.

T

That one from Mr. Ballester is very nice.  It's also a good example of a nice piece in "gently used" condition, as the wear with the tax stamps and all add some character to it.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7141 on: March 28, 2015, 03:51:54 PM »
That one from Mr. Ballester is very nice.  It's also a good example of a nice piece in "gently used" condition, as the wear with the tax stamps and all add some character to it.

Thanks, rub it in ;) 

Thankfully, there is more to come.

T

My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7142 on: March 28, 2015, 04:15:31 PM »
Thanks, rub it in ;)  

Thankfully, there is more to come.

T

rofl1

Even if you don't win any others, looks like you'll have a fun day in the sun.  Great photo.  
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:57:36 PM by Neo »

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #7143 on: March 28, 2015, 04:40:14 PM »
BUT...

At the exact same time, I got a nice piņa colada.  Here's looking at you, bitches ;)
T
Haha good woman - She is feeding you booze "sous la guise" of watching you like a hawk so you don't buy that LAM

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7144 on: March 28, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »
Frankenstein 3 sheet sold for $300,000 ($358,500 with BP).

London After Midnight 3 sheet sold for $60,000 ($71,700 with BP).

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:42:34 PM by Neo »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7145 on: March 28, 2015, 04:46:09 PM »
Haha good woman - She is feeding you booze "sous la guise" of watching you like a hawk so you don't buy that LAM

You're so right about that.  We just did our taxes, and under "poster" it said that I spent $133k on posters last year.  Btw, there is no way in hell that I spent $133k on posters.  But now she calls me Mr. 133 and she is extremely unhappy with me.  I just have to find where the glitch is.

Haha Mr. 133.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #7146 on: March 28, 2015, 04:48:47 PM »
You're so right about that.  We just did our taxes, and under "poster" it said that I spent $133k on posters last year.  Btw, there is no way in hell that I spent $133k on posters.  But now she calls me Mr. 133 and she is extremely unhappy with me.  I just have to find where the glitch is.

Haha Mr. 133.

T

If she isn't calling herself Mrs .45 yet, you're fine.

Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7147 on: March 28, 2015, 04:50:46 PM »
@Matias

sm1

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Filmlobbycards

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7148 on: March 28, 2015, 05:13:52 PM »
So glad the Casablanca LCs are done.  My god, it took forever.

T

That was ridiculous...the results were way over the top......i had a feeling that there were going to be some silly bids...$3,500 for the injured Henried card????? Good thing I got mine for $200....I think I also remember Channing selling one on eBay for about $250 as well....
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 05:35:22 PM by Filmlobbycards »
Tait

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #7149 on: March 28, 2015, 05:55:20 PM »
Ahhh...  I missed my first one :(  It was me against someone else on that Heaven Can Wait Ballester.  I let it go at $2,700.  Very unhappy.  I really wanted it.  But anything above that would have been too much imo.

T

I was watching that. What a beauty of a poster. Gene's a dream.
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/