Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2837131 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #6550 on: October 02, 2014, 01:44:55 PM »
It must be a Canadian thing.....  qip

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6551 on: October 02, 2014, 09:42:54 PM »
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6552 on: October 03, 2014, 12:05:28 AM »
I see... so "sh" = "T" in Canada...

Got it.

rofl1

-Jeff

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #6553 on: October 05, 2014, 09:44:56 PM »
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6554 on: October 05, 2014, 11:32:28 PM »
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #6555 on: October 05, 2014, 11:33:36 PM »
yeah probably, I am so out of the SW loopI wasn't sure..
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #6556 on: October 06, 2014, 01:03:40 PM »
I was going to bid, but by the time I'd picked it up It may not have been a bargain....
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6557 on: October 06, 2014, 02:06:14 PM »
I was going to bid, but by the time I'd picked it up It may not have been a bargain....

I am sure Ari would have been quite hospitable during your sojourn
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #6558 on: October 07, 2014, 08:11:41 AM »
he did post if you read the description.
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Ari

• Curator
« Reply #6560 on: October 08, 2014, 10:09:03 AM »
yowzer!
An Error Has Occurred!

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #6561 on: October 08, 2014, 10:09:35 AM »
This one quality as a WTF?
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=3605668

Agreed, although with all the money i've given Filip this year, he can certainly afford it.   :P

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #6563 on: October 08, 2014, 10:34:30 AM »
I missed so many posters I wanted to bid on last night in Bruces auctions, I wish he would setup a batch bidder of some kind. I cant be the only one that misses bidding all the time. Keep the extended bidding, just add a batch bidder so people can set and go. I know I can bid anytime, but I dont like giving other people days to think about raising their bid, then I get busy and dont bid at all. Frustrating..

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #6564 on: October 08, 2014, 10:37:43 AM »
To be fair on the Bond poster -- to my knowledge it is the only english-language poster to surface that has Mads on it.  Possibly from any country.  This is also the only copy I've ever seen.  So for the Bond completist, it would definitely be a unicorn for that film. 

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #6565 on: October 08, 2014, 06:53:21 PM »
But it was only English language due to the fact there were no credits of any sort on it.

Stick a credit on it, Someone starring as... for example, all of a sudden it is Swiss (Italian, German, French).  This version did not appear in the British English world.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #6566 on: October 10, 2014, 07:54:03 PM »
I was rooting for that Allposterforum guy to win this rad Aliens B2, at eMovie a few nights ago, but filip1 won the bidding battle.

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=3605899
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 07:54:53 PM by NeoLoco »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6567 on: October 10, 2014, 08:19:50 PM »
This is a good example of what you should NOT DO at emovieposter, which is get in a stupid bidding war and end up spending way more than you should.  My limit on this poster was $50, because I think it's a commercial poster and I don't collect them.  I liked the design, though, and the title is one of my favorites, so I went for it.  Retrospectively, I'm glad I stopped because I would have been pissed to win it.  It's still a pretty cool poster, but too much, imo.

But there is much worse.  For a Spidy printer's proof teaser with writing all over.

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #6568 on: October 10, 2014, 08:42:09 PM »
I was rooting for that Allposterforum guy to win this rad Aliens B2, at eMovie a few nights ago, but filip1 won the bidding battle.

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=3605899

I too think that is a commercial poster...

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #6569 on: October 10, 2014, 10:08:35 PM »
This one quality as a WTF?

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=3605668

Yeah, it's a WTF, but it's rare . . . . I've never seen a onesheet with this character.

Not 550 worth of rare, though all it takes is two to start the war....
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #6570 on: October 10, 2014, 10:20:49 PM »
I have no idea what makes anyone think this is a Japanese poster as I see no marking that would give me that information present in any form, and I also have no idea what would make people think it's a movie poster .....................unless you're talking about some weird guy buying it in the dvd department at Wal Mart

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6571 on: October 10, 2014, 10:22:32 PM »
I've never seen a onesheet with this character.

When something like this pops up, some Harry Potter characters OS come to mind, I can't help but question its authenticity and I stay clear.  It's so easy to reprint now.  Could be this one guy who played on his computer and decided to have it printed.  And then it shows up at Bruce's.  If I don't know FOR SURE that it is legit, I can't open my wallet.

T

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 10:25:50 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6572 on: October 10, 2014, 10:24:28 PM »
I have no idea what makes anyone think this is a Japanese poster as I see no marking that would give me that information present in any form, and I also have no idea what would make people think it's a movie poster .....................unless you're talking about some weird guy buying it in the dvd department at Wal Mart

I'm guessing because it's 20x28in.  I've seen Japanese posters like this before, but you're right, there is no way to know for sure.  I'm pretty sure it's a commercial poster, though.  Rare for sure, but not theatrical.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #6573 on: October 10, 2014, 10:40:23 PM »
I'm guessing because it's 20x28in.  I've seen Japanese posters like this before, but you're right, there is no way to know for sure.  I'm pretty sure it's a commercial poster, though.  Rare for sure, but not theatrical.

T

rare by what standard T?
rare in auction listings maybe? Who says this poster wasn't sold by the millions at Wal Mart and aren't sitting in people's closets just waiting to come back out if they aren't thrown out first?

just because we don't see them being sold every day doesn't mean they're rare

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 10:41:01 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6574 on: October 10, 2014, 10:47:49 PM »
rare by what standard T?

Rare because I've been collecting Alien stuff for a while, I know what I'm still missing because I have seen it before, but I didn't know I was missing this one.  Although I don't really think I'm missing it if indeed it is a commercial print.  And I own enough Japanese posters now to know that it doesn't look theatrical.  I'd love for Holiday or Dale to chime in.

T
My Personal Collection