Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2837108 times)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #6275 on: June 02, 2014, 12:35:38 PM »
All I can think is who ever bid must have thought it was different/unique to the usual Quad as they all have a snipe along the bottom which moves Freddie Jones up the cast list. It looks like there's no snipe on the Extortionate one... We should all take them off and maybe we'll make $5000+ for ours as they are all the same under that snipe...

The one for £1720 is Yakob, a first rate fellow, but his pricing is all over the place, I was quite surprised when I originally saw it up for over the 2K. He should leave it at the £1700 going on the other one, or maybe take the snipe off and put it up to £5000.... ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #6276 on: June 02, 2014, 12:38:30 PM »
I could understand a 1957 Curse of Frankenstein going for that much but a quad from 1970?!

Mind if a Curse of Frankenstein Quad turned up Chris, I would be very surprised if it didn't double that price, it's more scarce than the Dracula Quad..

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:32:54 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6278 on: June 02, 2014, 04:17:04 PM »
Mind if a Curse of Frankenstein Quad turned up Chris, I would be very surprised if it didn't double that price, it's more scarce than the Dracula Quad..

Of course but at least it would be in the right monetary ballpark
Chris

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #6279 on: June 02, 2014, 09:52:03 PM »
Wish I could trade all my hammer daybills for hammer  quads. Id be messaging from Bermuda !
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline YugoMoviePoster

• Beginner
« Reply #6280 on: June 03, 2014, 08:09:32 AM »
You really think that winning bidder will actually pay that amount ?
Maybe he was just drunk, not crazy.  :D

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #6281 on: June 03, 2014, 11:43:44 AM »

Lets hope so, Mind if he cancels I'll sell him mine for 4K... ;)

Bruce

« Reply #6282 on: June 03, 2014, 12:26:35 PM »

Paid for and shipped.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6283 on: June 03, 2014, 12:37:47 PM »
Bruce is really the one who's laughing all the way to the bank.

Good for you, Bruce...  sm1

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline YugoMoviePoster

• Beginner
« Reply #6284 on: June 03, 2014, 12:47:32 PM »
Paid for and shipped.

Well, in that case congratulations to both: Consignor and EMP thumbup
Good to see that at least someone takes bidding at auction seriously...

Winning bidder in one of my eBay auctions from two days ago, send me this message about one minute after auction end:
"hi there...
I apologize for this but i bought the item without noticing i don't have enough money to pay for the album, something just came out and i can't pay for it..
hope you understand... thanks"

eyeroll

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6285 on: June 03, 2014, 03:00:48 PM »
Well, in that case congratulations to both: Consignor and EMP thumbup
Good to see that at least someone takes bidding at auction seriously...

Winning bidder in one of my eBay auctions from two days ago, send me this message about one minute after auction end:
"hi there...
I apologize for this but i bought the item without noticing i don't have enough money to pay for the album, something just came out and i can't pay for it..

eyeroll

Morons
Chris

Bruce

« Reply #6286 on: June 03, 2014, 07:10:06 PM »
"hi there...

eyeroll

When you do this to an eBay seller, they can't even leave negative feedback against you! And if they DO get kicked off eBay, they can open a new ID a minute later. But when they do it to us, we block that person (not just the ID) forever. That makes a big difference in collection rates.

Bruce

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6288 on: June 03, 2014, 09:41:43 PM »
And its still running.....

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #6289 on: June 03, 2014, 10:47:28 PM »
"hi there...

eyeroll

yeah I get these once in a while. or "the item was only $1, why do you want $10 for shipping"
one person was irritated that I would not take a rolled insert, roll 1920s lobby cards inside it and then roll a folded 1940s 6 sheet inside of that
there are always a variety of reasons people use, thankfully it doesn't happen often and almost always for a small value order.

all get banned and blocked. as a matter of fact, on MoviePosterBid, if you are blocked, you get redirected to one of my other sites and can't even "see" MoviePosterBid

ban them all.. I have no use for them.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6290 on: June 04, 2014, 12:34:04 AM »
yeah I get these once in a while. or "the item was only $1, why do you want $10 for shipping"
one person was irritated that I would not take a rolled insert, roll 1920s lobby cards inside it and then roll a folded 1940s 6 sheet inside of that
there are always a variety of reasons people use, thankfully it doesn't happen often and almost always for a small value order.

all get banned and blocked. as a matter of fact, on MoviePosterBid, if you are blocked, you get redirected to one of my other sites and can't even "see" MoviePosterBid

ban them all.. I have no use for them.

I love James.  The Boost is probably my favorite of his.  Just the way he goes progressively more insane.  Great actor.  Great picture, Rich.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #6291 on: June 04, 2014, 04:07:29 AM »
thanks T

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6292 on: June 05, 2014, 09:43:53 PM »
This particular poster had been on ebay for well over a year, and it finally sold... a Portal Publications poster for Frankenstein. The seller got $260.00 for it. A nice, little haul.  If I recall, he originally had it listed in the neighborhood of 375 bucks or so.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRANKENSTEIN-1931-MOVIE-Litho-in-USA-HORROR-LICENSED-POSTER-BORIS-KARLOFF-/171261652250?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27dffd6d1a&nma=true&si=4cIrX7uWhPHg0Ik6a7W2EwDrQxI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 11:53:05 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6293 on: June 05, 2014, 11:41:31 PM »
Frankenstolen
Chris

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #6294 on: June 05, 2014, 11:47:43 PM »
I wonder if this is a Portal record?  Prolly not. I'm sure some poor soul bought one for a hefty price and then the previous owner skipped town or somethin.

Mirosae

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6296 on: June 07, 2014, 06:50:13 AM »
I have that portal, but it is in somewhat worse shape and folded. I guess I should have it linenbacked and restored - it seems it is now worth more than many genuine posters that I have had backed!  eyeroll

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6297 on: June 07, 2014, 12:15:29 PM »
But there are other copies I have seen sold (on ebay) that have sold in the $50-65 range... so the price seem a bit all over the place.  ;)

-Jeff

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #6298 on: June 07, 2014, 04:54:26 PM »
...it seems it is now worth more than many genuine posters that I have had backed!  eyeroll

The Portal is a genuine poster. This one was even properly noted as being a commercial reprint in the listing.

This Portal poster for All Through the Night got multiple bids and sold for $65
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261436347282

Maybe it's time we acknowledge that commercial posters can have secondary value. Maybe the best known of this is for the Barbarella poster from the 60s, but I see lots of commercial posters on a variety of subjects selling for over $100 quite frequently. Portal might have made lots of these, but they are all getting pretty old and haven't been made in quite some time.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:15:09 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff