Author Topic: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....  (Read 2838033 times)

Mirosae

Re: Post-auction analysis - OMGs!, LOLs!, WTFs!, whatev....
« Reply #4725 on: April 09, 2013, 06:25:50 PM »
all we're saying Rosa is thatwomen don't allow us to understand them.. or they don't understand us. or we don't understand each other.
I hope you understand

;)

Trust me Rich, we Do understand you. We do, we do, we do..

Easy tiger.
.nothing to do with taste but rather that I had no doubt that Paul had some tremendous items to display and not the run of the mill stuff.  Kind of like Sean's Casablanca lobby card on his wife's kissing wall.

Dear Brian

Apologies. I misunderstood. I am just a woman.

A TIGRESS

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 06:28:05 PM by Mirosae »

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #4726 on: April 09, 2013, 06:46:28 PM »

Trust me Rich, we Do understand you. We do, we do, we do..

as Richie melts into slag on the floor

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #4727 on: April 09, 2013, 08:42:41 PM »

Charlie

« Reply #4728 on: April 09, 2013, 09:43:13 PM »

I agree... don't be a rectangle

I thought the same damn thing...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4729 on: April 10, 2013, 12:45:31 AM »

I agree... don't be a rectangle

;D ;D
Chris

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #4730 on: April 10, 2013, 03:02:55 AM »
Come on people, you know the old saying "two squares don't make a rectangle...."

David

Mirosae

« Reply #4731 on: April 10, 2013, 09:20:33 AM »
Come on people, you know the old saying "two squares don't make a rectangle...."

click

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4732 on: April 10, 2013, 01:05:45 PM »

No offence to any men but you all can be soooo condescending..eyeroll...  wtflop is this all about huh?

;D ;D

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4733 on: April 10, 2013, 03:02:09 PM »
This poster sold for $500.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-ORIGINAL-HOLLYWOOD-MOVIE-POSTER-Tom-Tyler-THE-PHANTOM-OF-THE-WEST-USA-/251254611270?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=VOPMNTs0cmFSTAS7QpmoSEnSBuI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I had written this seller, asking about the poster dimensions alone (not including the frame) and they wrote back, saying the actual poster measured about 26 x 38.5

From the photo, it doesnt look like almost 3 inches was trimmed from either the top, bottom (or a combo of both). It's hard to tell.

-Jeff

Mirosae

« Reply #4734 on: April 10, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »
Nice one !

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4735 on: April 10, 2013, 03:49:25 PM »
Nice one !

Yes, as long as it isn't a reproduction.

Otherwise, OUCH! that would sting, me feels.  whip

-Jeff

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #4736 on: April 14, 2013, 07:43:09 PM »

Originally posted in mid-auction- my bad.

So what was up with those HP advances for the last film?  The Harry Potter character advance went for nearly $600.  First time the image was offered on emovie, but are those advances going to be that hard to find?

"Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #4737 on: April 14, 2013, 08:31:32 PM »
So what was up with those HP advances for the last film?  The Harry Potter character advance went for nearly $600.  First time the image was offered on emovie, but are those advances going to be that hard to find?

My understanding is that these one sheet character posters were printed in very small numbers for studio/promotional use and that the designs were intended to be used for an international theatrical banner campaign. I had four of the nine posters in this set already - Bruce did not auction the one featuring McGonagal - and I wanted to get the remaining ones. Unfortunately, I knew I would be on a plane when these auctions were ending. I was able to complete my set thanks to WrathofCan, who bid on my behalf and who took an executive decision to disobey my maximum bid instructions with regard to the above poster (much to my relief) and Holiday, who graciously agreed not to bid against me. Many thanks guys.

Mark

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #4738 on: April 14, 2013, 08:36:25 PM »
My understanding is that these one sheet character posters were printed in very small numbers for studio/promotional use and that the designs were intended to be used for an international theatrical banner campaign. I had four of the nine posters in this set already - Bruce did not auction the one featuring McGonagal - and I wanted to get the remaining ones. Unfortunately, I knew I would be on a plane when these auctions were ending. I was able to complete my set thanks to WrathofCan, who bid on my behalf and who took an executive decision to disobey my maximum bid instructions with regard to the above poster (much to my relief) and Holiday, who graciously agreed not to bid against me. Many thanks guys.

Mark

I like the story Mark. A lot.

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #4739 on: April 14, 2013, 08:42:44 PM »

Thanks for the clarification Mark.  As owner of the HP Azakban lenticular, it is nice to see a healthy interest in the series.  I am certainly in the camp that HP will be SW of the future generation. Of course, there are those who disdain any modern poster, especially the face driven variety.  wynk
   "Please step away from the keyboard.  In my unsolicited opinion, you paid too much for your poster," said APF Price Police Officer Thierry.  

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4740 on: April 14, 2013, 08:45:10 PM »

Of course, there are those who disdain any modern poster, especially the face driven variety.  wynk

Really?  Where?  ;D
Chris

Bruce

« Reply #4741 on: April 14, 2013, 08:51:49 PM »
Congratulations Mark. Put me in the camp of people who believe in the future of posters like these. Of course, someone could turn up a bunch of these or any other similar posters, but there is always that risk, even with Frankenstein one-sheets.

Offline ATLfun

• Hoarder
« Reply #4742 on: April 14, 2013, 08:56:25 PM »

GO HP, as I change back my avatar.  And I am confident that a stack of HP lenticulars are not going to turn up a decade from now.    ;D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:59:12 PM by ATLfun »

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #4744 on: April 14, 2013, 10:33:10 PM »
These sure have been selling for a lot recently:

That's a 40x60 and a pretty good bargain at that price IMO....

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #4745 on: April 14, 2013, 10:50:03 PM »
That's a 40x60 and a pretty good bargain at that price IMO....

Heritage sold a few, in 2007, 2008, and 2009 (not in as good of condition) for about $200 each.  The few that have been for sale recently have really taken off in price.

A few months ago, this one (with tape tears, etc.) sold a few hours after it was listed at a B.I.N. of $600: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAWS-GIANT-40-X-60-ORIGINAL-POSTER-1975-/290825090971?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1123&item=290825090971&nma=true&si=%252FGky9baO3vynM%252F6C4hH9xPTn7m4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 11:14:12 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #4746 on: April 15, 2013, 07:27:17 AM »

Mark

See for me this is truly. A WTF, good for you, really.

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=2931711
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #4747 on: April 15, 2013, 10:53:31 AM »
The rolled posters seem to be underwhelming in prices lately. Once you get past the first page, 90% of those titles sold for what would be low retail and some where given away.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #4748 on: April 15, 2013, 11:03:47 AM »
Once you've gone folded there's no going back :p
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Mirosae

« Reply #4749 on: April 15, 2013, 11:16:56 AM »

Mark

Congratulations Mark.  It is such a good feeling when one can get that much sought after poster. Happy for you :)