Author Topic: Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides  (Read 6090 times)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides
« on: May 07, 2011, 03:29:35 PM »
Haven't seen any of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, myself, but might after seeing this one sheet for the newest one.

Bruce

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 03:39:09 PM »
I have been talking to John Myhre, Production Designer of this movie, who is a personal friend (and he has a great resume, with 2 Oscars and 3 other nominations). He said Disney recognized the weaknesses of the third movie and brought in Rob Marshall (who John has worked with multiple times) to re-invent and revitalize this franchise.

He just called and said that they just had the preview for the top Disney execs and that they thought it was sensational, so I am really looking forward to this!

Bruce

Bruce

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 03:41:47 PM »
P.S. I think adding Ian McShane as Blackbeard is a great move, because he is another one of those great actors who never became a major star, much like Geoffrey Rush.

Bruce

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 04:02:29 PM »
Haven't seen any of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, myself, but might after seeing this one sheet for the newest one.

I like all three previous films.
If you haven't seen any yet, you're in for a treat.
Unfortunately, I don't think the mermaids art is available as a one sheet.  Maybe a banner?

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 04:16:44 PM »
Cool.  Cool.  I'll have to check them out.  Hopefully the mermaids design will be in at least one format.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 04:38:48 PM by NeoLoco »

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 04:30:40 PM »
I loved the first one but thought the second and third jumped the shark...They are worth watching.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 10:28:32 PM »
Cool.  Cool.  I'll have to check them out.  Hopefully the mermaids design will be in at least one format.

You'll have to rassle me for it... wynk

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 01:58:58 AM »
"Rassle?"  Bwaahaahahaha!  It will be more like an epic sniper battle in a world war, except with sniping software or mouse click/timing skills instead of high powered rifles.   ;D  If they were real life mermaids it would be more like a fight to the death!  :D  I walways keep my eyes peeled for mermaids when scuba diving, just in case.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 02:44:06 AM »
"Rassle?"  Bwaahaahahaha!  It will be more like an epic sniper battle in a world war, except with sniping software or mouse click/timing skills instead of high powered rifles.   ;D  If they were real life mermaids it would be more like a fight to the death!  :D  I walways keep my eyes peeled for mermaids when scuba diving, just in case.

Don't need no high-powered rifles here...

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 04:19:26 AM »
Don't need no high-powered rifles here...

laugh1  Ouch.  Let's hope he doesn't try that with a mermaid, since they are immortal and unless he is a strong swimmer, it is possible the mermaid could cause him to have a bad day.  I hear that they can lure a man to sea and then drown him, if they want to, which is one reasons why I'm swimming a lot, so I can be a strong swimmer and I won't have to worry as much about that. :D

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 08:58:07 AM »
The closest any of us will come to a real mermaid is the manatee, the animal that inspired the myth of the siren, hence the order Sirenia.
But, hey Neo...you probably have seen several paddling about the docks where you live, eh?
I won't rassle you for one of these...nope, won't do it...

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 01:04:48 PM »
I never knew that about the myth Siren.  Learn something new every day.  Yeah, seen quite a few in the area, but unless I was severely dehydrated or under the influence of something extremely powerful, you won't have to worry about rassling me for one of them.   :D  But back to the real mermaids, there may be a rassling competition if I and someone else happen across one like Darryl Hannah in Splash at the same time.   ;D

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 09:50:13 PM »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket