Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 678603 times)

od_sf

Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #575 on: July 17, 2012, 12:28:08 PM »
These can be very difficult to find in any condition! A long time can go by without one of these coming up for sale. You will have trouble finding a nicer one.

Not in perfect shape but still very presentable!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #576 on: July 17, 2012, 12:35:31 PM »
Here is something you don't see every day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190704113166

Pretty cool IMO. Lucas said he believed the movie would fail but I wonder if that audience knew it would be a blockbuster.

Freefall

« Reply #577 on: July 17, 2012, 12:58:46 PM »
Has anyone ever seen one of these for sale anywhere? I never have.

What's the point you're making by saying this? Don't get me wrong,  I agree with Mel that it's a cool item. But how did you come up with a $995.00 valuation? And why that much?

Offline enki

• Collector
« Reply #578 on: July 17, 2012, 01:07:21 PM »
What's the point you're making by saying this? Don't get me wrong,  I agree with Mel that it's a cool item. But how did you come up with a $995.00 valuation? And why that much?

Not to mention the fact that I tried calling the number on it to reserve my seats but wasn't able to. The damn number is out of service. I really wanted to go too. I think this is a scam!

od_sf

« Reply #579 on: July 17, 2012, 01:24:06 PM »
I'm gutted that Dr. Munchies has gone out of business, too!  :'(

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #580 on: July 17, 2012, 03:32:52 PM »
Well if I was into Star wars in a much bigger way than I am (and don't get me wrong I love the first 3 films),  I would have to have that poster in my collection...

I want it now, but not at $1000, though I do think it will sell for that, and more if you can reach the right people....
It's more than a Hobby...

Freefall

« Reply #581 on: July 17, 2012, 03:40:14 PM »
Well if I was into Star wars in a much bigger way than I am (and don't get me wrong I love the first 3 films),  I would have to have that poster in my collection...

I want it now, but not at $1000, though I do think it will sell for that, and more if you can reach the right people....

It's not a poster. It's a ticket.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #582 on: July 17, 2012, 03:44:57 PM »
All these hypocrites complaining about and mocking Dave's prices would not hesitate a millisecond to sell their own stuff at very high prices if they could. It will sell for that price eventually to some rich Star Wars collector. Much ado about nothing.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #583 on: July 17, 2012, 03:51:24 PM »
It's not a poster. It's a ticket.

Haha, just shows I should read all the thread next time.... eyeroll....

And I still say it will sell at that, it's a piece of Cinema history, if I was well off I would buy it... :)  How many has anyone seen before??
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #584 on: July 17, 2012, 05:42:07 PM »
If I had the $$ I would quite happily pay the asking price...nice ticket.

Stew

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
« Reply #585 on: July 17, 2012, 05:42:47 PM »

not trying to make a point, I just asked a question to anyone who cared to answer.

Why not $995.00? If you can find one cheaper anywhere in our galaxy just let me know.

Freefall

« Reply #586 on: July 17, 2012, 06:11:40 PM »
not trying to make a point, I just asked a question to anyone who cared to answer.

Why not $995.00? If you can find one cheaper anywhere in our galaxy just let me know.

Question answered. Thanks.

Sure. I will let you know...in a galaxy far, far away.

Charlie

« Reply #587 on: July 17, 2012, 09:11:07 PM »

Maybe you could sell tickets to see the 'ticket' while you are at it... ;)  Man now where is that Pulp Fiction tube Mel told me wash trash...

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #588 on: July 17, 2012, 09:56:59 PM »
Dave is correct of course, he can price what he likes, and with something that he/we haven't seen before, who knows, all he needs is one out of a zillion Star Wars freaks to have a spare grand.

I dont like Star wars paper as many will know, but who cares? many people do.

If some newbie came onboard and said his father gave him this ticket and wondered what it was worth if anything, poor sucker would be flooded by PMS with APFers trying to get it for a steal, then trying to figure out what its worth. And in there brain thinking Nobody has seen one for sale before, must be worth a least..... $1000.

(I know its fun to tease Dave)

so... Imagine what a Pretty Woman ticket stub is worth!
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #589 on: July 17, 2012, 10:01:53 PM »
Here is something you don't see every day.

Ah!  I go to that theater all the time during Academy Award season.  Maybe I should keep my ticket stubs from now on... and send them to Dave in 30 years.

But I agree, this is a cool item many Star Wars fanatics would love to own.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Slurms_MacKenzie

« Reply #592 on: July 30, 2012, 01:04:15 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm new here, but I thought one of you might know the answer to a question that I'm really curious about.

Was there an Australian one-sheet for the 1982 Star Wars re-release? I've seen no references to it online--only the 1981 re-release one-sheet.

A few possibilities:

• We reused the 1981 Aus. re-release one-sheet
  • It's an Aus. variation on the 1982 U.S. re-release one-sheet
  • There is actually a unique Aus. 1982 re-release one-sheet

My guess is the first option is the most likely, but I'd like someone knowledgeable to give me the real answer.

ozcinemagic

« Reply #593 on: July 30, 2012, 01:30:37 AM »
See all Aussie posters here:

http://www.starwarsmovieposter.com/

Slurms_MacKenzie

« Reply #594 on: July 30, 2012, 01:38:34 AM »
Thanks. I had a look there earlier, but again, all it lists is the '81 re-release one-sheet with nothing for '82.

My suspicion at this point is that Aus. didn't have a re-release in '81, and what's being called the "'81 Aus. re-release one-sheet" is really the '82 Aus. re-release one-sheet (that basically copies the U.S. '81 re-release one-sheet).

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #595 on: July 30, 2012, 01:40:43 AM »
your probably correct, I have no idea, I'd ask someone a little older than myself who can remember when SW was re-released here.
OR go through old newspapers at the library (micro film) and check the screening times pages.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Silhouette

• Hoarder
« Reply #596 on: July 30, 2012, 01:42:08 AM »
Thanks. I had a look there earlier, but again, all it lists is the '81 re-release one-sheet with nothing for '82.

My suspicion at this point is that Aus. didn't have a re-release in '81, and what's being called the "'81 Aus. re-release one-sheet" is really the '82 Aus. re-release one-sheet (that basically copies the U.S. '81 re-release one-sheet).

Australia    (re-release) 29 April 1982

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/releaseinfo   
David

ozcinemagic

« Reply #597 on: July 30, 2012, 01:44:34 AM »

All the Aus SW are on that site. There are no others.
Different wording on Aus RR. No "For Two Weeks Only" (from memory).

ozcinemagic

« Reply #598 on: July 30, 2012, 01:50:07 AM »
The SW poster book (a must have for SW fans) lists it as 1981 re-release. Also has orig SW as 1978 release in Aust. I was there, but can't remember if '77 or '78.

Slurms_MacKenzie

« Reply #599 on: July 30, 2012, 01:52:19 AM »
Hmmm... I saw the film myself at the Roxy in Parramatta in '82. My memory is hazy on details, as I wasn't even four at the time, but I know I was there, so if there are no other Aus. re-release posters, what else would they be using for the '82 re-release?