Author Topic: Star Wars posters!  (Read 678626 times)

Offline Huey Dewey

• Beginner
Re: Star Wars posters!
« Reply #1575 on: June 12, 2015, 12:15:21 PM »
Not good to see this. I am sure the paper would be way off, and in the flesh the print would look 'wrong' also - but the fact that it has folds looks to me like these are being sold to perhaps tempt dodgy re-sellers?

From the description: "far superior than the original" - oh dear.... faint2.gif

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
« Reply #1576 on: June 13, 2015, 04:21:05 AM »
Quite how a copy can be superior to the original is a bull shit statement! I too don't like the fact these are also folded when there is no need

He hasn't replied to any of my questions

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #1577 on: June 13, 2015, 06:54:35 AM »
A printers near me said he could scan any of my posters, and print them as good-a-quality as the originals....

He also said he can print on what ever paper I give him.... :o  so period paper!!  I know a fellow who has quite a stock of plain paper from the 30's..the mind boggles.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1578 on: June 13, 2015, 11:32:21 PM »
A printers near me said he could scan any of my posters, and print them as good-a-quality as the originals....

He also said he can print on what ever paper I give him.... :o  so period paper!!  I know a fellow who has quite a stock of plain paper from the 30's..the mind boggles.

Yes but the printing technique would still, presumably, give them away as not being originals
Chris

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #1579 on: June 14, 2015, 10:49:30 AM »
But for a quick sale to a newbie...
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline wormie

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1580 on: June 14, 2015, 03:11:45 PM »
I had a chance to take some really close pictures for a Revenge of the Jedi Dated poster from a local dealer today. All criteria that I gathered online checked out (the size, letter sharpness, logo color and sharpness, cloud corner, printing sharpness, etc.), it even comes with a really old fan club tube shipped from "308 East Hitt Street Mount Morris, IL 61054". But then I notice something that I only saw in other fake posters. Since I had almost zero experience, I just want to learn for all the experts here if this is the case in other authentic ones, or this one is indeed a fake. Thanks in advance!

Chengbo

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1581 on: June 14, 2015, 06:55:13 PM »
A 'hairy S' (or 'hairy ass') ROTJ teaser?
Is there any such animal?
I'd pull one of mine (which I got from the fan club when they first released it), but they are officially packed away for moving.
Undead Mike will surely know.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #1582 on: June 14, 2015, 08:16:55 PM »

A 'hairy S' (or 'hairy ass') ROTJ teaser?

rofl1

I had a chance to take some really close pictures for a Revenge of the Jedi Dated poster from a local dealer today. All criteria that I gathered online checked out (the size, letter sharpness, logo color and sharpness, cloud corner, printing sharpness, etc.), it even comes with a really old fan club tube shipped from "308 East Hitt Street Mount Morris, IL 61054". But then I notice something that I only saw in other fake posters. Since I had almost zero experience, I just want to learn for all the experts here if this is the case in other authentic ones, or this one is indeed a fake. Thanks in advance!

That would be a world-class fake job, with the original tube from back then, and all.

There are some legit posters that have the "hairs" like that.  The authentic Pulp Fiction Lucky Strikes one sheets have been confirmed to have something similar, as described here: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,2305.0.html

And as Ted said, Undead aka Mike may be able to confirm whether he knows of the marks on them.  Of course, if there are a few people who can also confirm that their originals have those marks, that would be cool.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 08:34:34 PM by Neo »

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1583 on: June 14, 2015, 09:26:34 PM »
I would be happy to check against some of my known real and fakes but I am away until Friday and don't have access to images that detailed from my phone. Sorry I can't check now for you.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1584 on: June 14, 2015, 09:44:48 PM »
Finals half time.  Just enough time to snap a few pictures of some of mine and they all have it.

Dated version CU

Undated version CU

GO GS!!!!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wormie

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1585 on: June 14, 2015, 11:18:51 PM »
Thank you so much guys. Everyday I can learn something new here.
p.s. GS was awesome tonight.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:31:25 PM by erik1925 »
Chengbo

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1586 on: June 14, 2015, 11:59:21 PM »
p.s. GS was awesome tonight.

qip qip qip happy1 happy1 happy1 qip qip qip clap clap clap happy1 happy1 happy1 woohoo woohoo woohoo
 qip qip qip happy1 happy1 happy1 qip qip qip clap clap clap happy1 happy1 happy1 woohoo woohoo woohoo
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #1587 on: June 15, 2015, 04:38:29 PM »
Thanks for checking and posting those shots.

I would be very surprised if I came up with a different result than Brie on this one. I will double check when I get back as well though.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #1588 on: June 15, 2015, 05:01:09 PM »
That was a sterling effort of help for a fellow collector there T - hilarious.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1589 on: June 15, 2015, 05:21:08 PM »
Dude, I had 20 minutes and not a minute more.  And I did it.  Being OCD can be a good thing.  I can find ANY poster in my collection in less than 5 minutes. What takes more time is putting them back together.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1590 on: June 15, 2015, 05:35:28 PM »
Just got the Hungarians today.

I didn't realize that Jedi was so large.  Pretty cool.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1591 on: June 15, 2015, 05:41:23 PM »
Wow, T...

That looks awesome!!

thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #1592 on: June 15, 2015, 05:51:33 PM »
Just got the Hungarians today.

I didn't realize that Jedi was so large.  Pretty cool.

T

CONGRATS NICE Win!   thumbsup.gif potroll.gif

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1593 on: June 15, 2015, 06:15:06 PM »
That was a sterling effort of help for a fellow collector there T - hilarious.

+1
 thumbup

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1594 on: June 15, 2015, 11:11:20 PM »
And then this little fellow also came in today.

I have to say, it's in mint condition, no tears, no PHs, nothing.

T
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:12:19 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1595 on: June 15, 2015, 11:12:34 PM »
 faint2.gif thumbsup.gif woohoo

-Jeff

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
« Reply #1596 on: June 16, 2015, 03:40:56 AM »
And then this little fellow also came in today.

I have to say, it's in mint condition, no tears, no PHs, nothing.

T
Whats that one T? is is a UK Bus Stop?

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1597 on: June 16, 2015, 08:53:33 AM »
6-sheet... likely stamped "foreign".  From everything I've seen, it was the very last 6-sheet ever printed -- and by a good 2 years.  Kind of amazing that they pulled this format out of retirement for this one film. 

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/type/6sh/sort/6/archive.html

It looks pristine T.  Congrats!

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1598 on: June 16, 2015, 11:35:13 PM »
Why does Luke look like a squid?

Congrats on the pick up, Thierry...
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Mirosae

« Reply #1599 on: June 17, 2015, 03:32:28 AM »
Dude, I had 20 minutes and not a minute more.  And I did it.  Being OCD can be a good thing.  I can find ANY poster in my collection in less than 5 minutes. What takes more time is putting them back together.

T

That is very impressive. You must be very well organised and have a good memory too.