Author Topic: earthquakes and movieposters downunder  (Read 4524 times)

kiwifilmposters

earthquakes and movieposters downunder
« on: April 17, 2011, 08:14:58 PM »
hi there all though I joined this forum a long way back this is my first post ..a lot has happened..although past retirement age  I am still working
so poster sorting has been slow..living south of Christchurch and feeling the first big Earthquake  on  Sept 4th,  standing under a door frame and feeling the house creak and groan the only problem was my framed "once upon a time in the west"crashed  over .countless aftershocks later did not prepare one for the feb 22 one..Between those dates I took over two rooms sorting out posters.the feb 22 was different I am quite away from chch it was like a freight train going passed but it got louder
roof tiles moving people running out of our shop .Christchurch was really hit hard took ages to get through to the family they are all in chch my daughter lived 3km from the epicenter was feeding her 3week old baby at the time when the front wall fell out and the brick chimney ended up on the couch they got out side throgh the missing wall and had to lie on the ground you could not stand as it was heaving so much.. we got the phone call they were ok house gone coming to live with you..opps there is the poster rooms gone.took 4 hours sorting that out .they have finally shifted out now living in our town to scared to go back to chch.this last saturday after work i  got out one of my poster boxes to sort out thought i would have a look at this site and guess what we had another shock a 5.3 what is it with posters ...
Some reflections on the whole thing ...have at least a disaster kit three day minimum we do food water  etc  some money not credit cards  and another one
always have your car with at least three quarter tanks full of gas .and also a shovel for digging the loo in the back yard..after this post I may get out some posters or I may not  regards  kiwifilmposters

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Re: earthquakes and movieposters downunder
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 08:53:28 PM »
Oh crikey,
Greetings and good luck from your neighbour.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 08:59:43 PM »
Oh crikey,

Ya. Wow.

Good luck and be safe!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 09:05:07 PM »
 welcome1 Kiwi...hope all of you affected New Zealanders are out of the woods now.
Some scary shit, those lethal quakes...
Steve (APF member idioteque) is one of your countrymen.
I believe he was on one of the unaffected islands at the time.
At least you are safe and your posters are still fine.
 wynk

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 11:34:27 PM »
Oh crikey,

Same...from an honorary neighbour ;)
Chris

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 12:44:55 AM »
Yes, welcome Kiwi. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Best wishes to you and your family in getting over this disaster. Looking forward seeing you more around here. 

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 02:47:19 PM »
Don't the neighbours say the same things when you start up that 440... ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline idioteque

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 06:57:10 PM »
Welcome Kiwi.

I don't think people fully realise how destructive the Christchurch earthquake was. Many lives lost, and a beautiful city in ruins. With the Japan earthquake and subsequent horrific Tsunami taking disaster to whole new level, Christchurch has become a little forgotten.

So, all the very best to all the people of Christchurch for their recovery, and may those dreadful aftershocks end and give you all some peace very soon.