Author Topic: Jessica from Mondo  (Read 13813 times)

Bruce

Re: Jessica from Mondo
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »
"what if they have a gf/wife/friend(s) helping them?"

I was under the impression that Mondo collecting and having a "gf/wife/friend" are pretty much mutually exclusive. Am I wrong?

qip qip qip

Bruce

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 01:58:15 PM »
Jessica,  welcome1

For the Alamo/Mondo collectors here, I think you joining up & participating will be invaluable.
The information and feedback you receive here will hopefully help Mondo in creating a better service for all.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 02:14:18 PM »

So instead of asking why do they allow flippers to buy why dont we offer them possible ways to thwart flippers .. and she if Jessica can tell us why our ideas would work or wouldnt ??

Im pretty sure a few of these prints have been moved between APF members..can everyone who has done such a deal confirm that the price was never increased to the second party ?

The best solution would be for Mondo to offer for sale any new prints here first..then let the Riff-Raff squabble for the leftovers...sound fair everyone??  :D

Stew

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 02:21:15 PM »

The best solution would be for Mondo to offer for sale any new prints here first..then let the Riff-Raff squabble for the leftovers...sound fair everyone??  :D

Stew

I agree.  If we can get them to do that I'd start collecting Alamo's right away!  ;D

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 03:33:38 PM »

Stew

laugh1

As much as I like the above statement, there ain't a cat in hells it will ever happen!
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 07:35:37 PM »
Seems to me all these complaints about people buying and selling mondo posters are VERY UNAMERICAN. This forum going pink?
If people weren't paying the clever, lucky, whatever people who manage to snag items, they wouldn't be selling them.
I don't really understand what the complaint is.
And as with comments in another thread. All the collectors here, when it comes time to sell, will you base your price on what they are selling for by these "flippers"? or will you be a good boy and sell closer to the initial retail price and look after the collector?
This isn't air or water, just pretty (and damn ugly) bits of paper folks.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 07:56:38 PM »
It's just frustrating for me. I, like many others, got the ship floating and was buying from the initial roadshow offerings. Now it feels as if we have been pushed out the the door with no loyalty. I used to purchase everything, and I mean everything. I asked if they could just set aside 1 of each and then the end of every month give me a total and I would fire it over regardless of what was done. Of course this was not even considered as expected. This was still before server meltdowns started.

When Tim was there, I had issues with a couple items, I spoke to him, he immediately recognized my name and took care of the issue. I asked about a couple items I had missed and was immediately taken care of.

That type of service and consideration is gone.

I know, no one is special these days and bottom line is all that counts.  Matt at CO is at least taking into consideration the ones that are getting things ramped up.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2011, 08:00:27 PM »
in reality they should not sell ANY direct from their site, put them all on ebay at a starting price they can live with, and let the buyers fight it out. Wonder what they would go for if this was the case..?
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2011, 08:03:04 PM »
in reality they should not sell ANY direct from their site, put them all on ebay at a starting price they can live with, and let the buyers fight it out. Wonder what they would go for if this was the case..?
Now THAT is capitalism!
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 04:41:17 PM »
Welcome Jessica, from a longtime collector!
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery