Author Topic: Ebay glitch screws me over  (Read 13509 times)

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: Ebay glitch screws me over
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 09:09:40 AM »
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:33:54 AM by 50s »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 12:18:23 PM »
I can...
That's Rich, ecstatic about his latest acquisition -- a Justin Bieber autographed photo.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 12:19:53 PM »
I can...
That's Rich, ecstatic about his latest acquisition -- a Justin Bieber autographed photo.

Next Rich will be sporting the "Bieber Bob" haircut!
Chris

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 01:24:50 PM »
lol.. I never knew Lance posted that pic..
he took that in my gallery back in '04

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Juli

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 05:01:46 PM »
I just had something strange happen to me regarding eBay bids disappearing. Instead of my bid being erased, I am selling a poster lot on eBay and I had a bid on it earlier today, but when I went back to look at my auction later today, the bid was gone. It now says 0 bids...how can that be?  :(

If the guy removed it, I should have been notified. And I thought you weren't allowed to remove bids.

~ Juli

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 05:08:34 PM »
I know you can retract bids within a certain amount of time before the auction ends. I've never had somebody retract a bid on one of my auctions though so I don't know if you're supposed to receive a notification.

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 01:05:19 AM »
I have to be completely honest here. I didn't believe this was a "glitch" on eBay when this thread was first started in March. But it just happened to me.

I was bidding on a poster that was receiving little attention. I snipe anyway, because that's how you use eBay, with a full 11 seconds left. My max bid is $15.90, I click confirm my bid, a little green bar shows up telling me I'm in the lead. The auction ends.

I check my e-mail, there is no record of my bid or even winning. I think it's strange. I go to pay for the item and find I have not won. Instead, somebody with only nine friggin transactions won for $12.80. Below my maximum bid. I checked the bid history on the item to find my bid was never recorded.

I'm really, really mad. Granted it was $15.90, but Howl's Moving Castle doesn't come up that often and certainly not for that cheaply. I just missed out on an incredible deal because, for whatever reason, eBay decided I don't exist.

It's been a really bad fucking night.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 04:52:19 PM »
I have to be completely honest here. I didn't believe this was a "glitch" on eBay when this thread was first started in March. But it just happened to me.

I was bidding on a poster that was receiving little attention. I snipe anyway, because that's how you use eBay, with a full 11 seconds left. My max bid is $15.90, I click confirm my bid, a little green bar shows up telling me I'm in the lead. The auction ends.

I check my e-mail, there is no record of my bid or even winning. I think it's strange. I go to pay for the item and find I have not won. Instead, somebody with only nine friggin transactions won for $12.80. Below my maximum bid. I checked the bid history on the item to find my bid was never recorded.

I'm really, really mad. Granted it was $15.90, but Howl's Moving Castle doesn't come up that often and certainly not for that cheaply. I just missed out on an incredible deal because, for whatever reason, eBay decided I don't exist.

It's been a really bad fucking night.

I think it's your bid sniper not working correctly
what are you using?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 04:54:37 PM »
Myself. I snipe by hand.